Eternity Vault: Soa down (Nightmare mode) after only 2 weeks after release :)

So 2 weeks after the release, all PvE content has been beaten:

http://swtor.irae-guild.de/7-news/392-eternity-vault-55-nightmare-8-man

PvP related: T2 violet artifact stuff being done randomly to everyone in bags.

So now everyone is almost full stuff T2 PvP grinding to level 60 PvP to get even better stuff randomly in better bags.

Yes, they apparently forgot to hire a game designer :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so have you completed all the class quests yet?

don't claim the game designers suck if you power level to 50 on one char, and down a raid boss.

You're right who needs challenging bosses or any kind of endgame really when you got such amazing quests......

Well apart from the fact thet when you level to level 5 you have experienced every single quest the game has to offer up to lvl. 50.

Its kill/collect XXX from lvl 1 to 50 with no exeption whatsoever.

Oh ye after 15 min playing and doing your first 7 trashpulls you have experienced any kind of mob pull you will encounter in the next 45 levels.

And btw OP didnt just down "a raidboss" as you say, they cleared everything the game has to offer.

You're right who needs challenging bosses or any kind of endgame really when you got such amazing quests......

Well apart from the fact thet when you level to level 5 you have experienced every single quest the game has to offer up to lvl. 50.

Its kill/collect XXX from lvl 1 to 50 with no exeption whatsoever.

Oh ye after 15 min playing and doing your first 7 trashpulls you have experienced any kind of mob pull you will encounter in the next 45 levels.

And btw OP didnt just down "a raidboss" as you say, they cleared everything the game has to offer.

So one small group of players has cleared all the content in the game after two weeks.

So what? This happens in every single MMO; did you think it wasn't going to happen here?

So 0.00001% of the player base now has nothing "new" to do. How does that affect you? How does it affect me? Answer: it doesn't.

And if you don't enjoy the gameplay of MMOs, go play a different game. Nobody is keeping you here.

so have you completed all the class quests yet?

I would say the OP post is a commentary about the rest of the game, as 'story' is supposed to only be 1 pillar, not the only pillar.

Had the OP been critical of all story in TOR, then I would agree with your comment, but as he is not even talking about Story, I do not think your comment is applicable.

Edited by Loekii

Wasn't this done to every single raid in WotLK

Lich king hardmode actually took almost 2 months to down after being unlocked and this was by the best of the best raiders 90% people didnt even kill it with the 30% buff

Lich king hardmode actually took almost 2 months to down after being unlocked and this was by the best of the best raiders 90% people didnt even kill it with the 30% buff

Oh please, WoW learned its lesson with bosses getting killed too quickly after release, so they just did the sensible thing and made them mathematically impossible to beat. They wait 2-3 months and patch the game, nerfing the encounter to actually be beatable, world first kill comes within a few hours of the patch.

TOR very well may fail. Who knows. I'm just getting tired of every single MMO releasing and being lynched because it is too much like WoW or not enough like WoW. Focus on what you'd like to see changed and advocate for that. All these threads detailing why the game is worthless accomplish nothing. What does it even accomplish? What is the motivation to make the thread? Hell, I played FFXIV at launch. I didn't feel compelled to make a lengthy post about quitting it, I just quit.

So 2 weeks after the release, all PvE content has been beaten:

http://swtor.irae-guild.de/7-news/392-eternity-vault-55-nightmare-8-man

PvP related: T2 violet artifact stuff being done randomly to everyone in bags.

So now everyone is almost full stuff T2 PvP grinding to level 60 PvP to get even better stuff randomly in better bags.

Yes, they apparently forgot to hire a game designer :)

Gear in this game doesn't mean a fat lot. I have seen level 50s in green gear win warzones easily, just because they know how to play, have a niche spec which works and are talking down vent.

Being in almost full epics already, I would go as far to say that PvE gear is trash outside of PvE, and that with PvP gear you are able to be viable in PvE.

Oh please, WoW learned its lesson with bosses getting killed too quickly after release, so they just did the sensible thing and made them mathematically impossible to beat. They wait 2-3 months and patch the game, nerfing the encounter to actually be beatable, world first kill comes within a few hours of the patch.

The reason LK took so long was because of limited attempts per week. Adding 5% extra damage, healing and health to the players pretty much just made the encounter a bit easier to execute for the top players who pretty much had the encounter in the bag by that time.

I don't think the game was designed for people who play 18 hours a day everyday. It was designed to appeal to the bulk of gamers, who might play 18 hours a week if they are lucky. For this group, the majority, the devs primary customers, content is probably fine for a few months, until they start to implement new content.

Wasn't this done to every single raid in WotLK, where the raid was completed at hardest difficulty within a month? (I can't comment on other xpacks because I joined and quit in WotLK)

Wotlk Wasn't a completely New Mmo where people had to Learn classes and bosses.

Wotlk Wasn't a completely New Mmo where people had to Learn classes and bosses.

Wrath also wasn't a new MMO trying to capture people who haven't played MMOs before (It just happened that way and that's why Normal modes were so easy)

SW is trying to capture new people. its good that the first tier isn't overbearing. new people would get discouraged. The Vets can handle an easier tier (look at Dragon Soul) but the new people won't stick around if they can't raid. Early Cata is an example of that.

Gear in this game doesn't mean a fat lot. I have seen level 50s in green gear win warzones easily, just because they know how to play, have a niche spec which works and are talking down vent.

Skill and teamwork is overpowered.