Stop the damm four man puzzles

DEv team Stop making thouse goddamm 4 man puzzles , or atleast make it so you can

que up for thouse in Group finder , becouse as it is now it damm near impossible to find a group for

Shroud of the last stands

atm ive been trying to get a group for over an hour , people says it becouse thay cant help out !

#1 reason becouse they have completete it and cant push items that need to be pushed

#2 they stuck on a difrent part of the quest line

so mabee its time to rethink the puzzle system , so every one kan complete it and not just

people that have the luck to find a group for it !

:mad:

Edited by Hexxas

there are no such thing as puzzles in this game. I have yet to see one and Ive completed everything in game including all operations in nightmare mode. They simply dont exist.

Wait, so.....

The Infernal Pylons in Eternity Vault

G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator in Karagga's Palace

The Minefield/Colonel Vorgath in Explosive Conflict

are not Puzzles?

#confused

Way to get off topic, though the OP itself is silly and badly worded.

Why even use the word puzzle? thats got nothing to do with your problem, the problem you are having, and many others, is now that its stale and old news, very few people are doing it and getting a group is very tough.

I warned the devs about this after the HK fiasco, its all good and well in the first few weeks, but months down the track and the bulk of the server has done it, its very hard to get groups to do any of the group orientated content, ala the flashpoints, searching for parts, and these heroics.

They really need to rethink this kind of content, the one-off stuff, that no one ever does again, its just a bad approach with not enough forethought.

My suggestion, and others have made it too, is to put any of these quests tied to these types of things in their own separate group-finder box with daily rewards that a lot of people want, like basic or elite comms daily, that way, long after the initial rush is over, a lot of people will still want to do these, and allow newer players that come along to get through these requirements without too much trouble.

Wait, so.....

The Infernal Pylons in Eternity Vault

G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator in Karagga's Palace

The Minefield/Colonel Vorgath in Explosive Conflict

are not Puzzles?

#confused

Don't remind me of fabricator. I think there are 10 people in the game who know how to do it and I am one of them. Even after a year and a half people still avoid the puzzle because its too difficult. :rolleyes:. I had to do it as tank on the last HM we ran because nobody else know how to do it. *face palm*

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Don't remind me of fabricator. I think there are 10 people in the game who know how to do it and I am one of them. Even after a year and a half people still avoid the puzzle because its too difficult. :rolleyes:. I had to do it as tank on the last HM we ran because nobody else know how to do it. *face palm*

but... its such an easy puzzle O_O i pretty much volunteer to do it whenever we run it. especially since on 8 man, you still only need one person since there's no button pushing debuff. it only gets annoying on 16 man where you have to coordinate 3 people.

that said.

dear bioware. creating 4 people required content that is NOT repeatable - is a bad BAD idea.

tacking it onto the end of a very long SOLO chain? is even worse idea.

HK wasn't so bad, because content that HAS to be 4 manned - is repeatable, and everything else can be soloed, especially at 55 (in fact, you don't even have to have full group for flashpoints at this point, it helps but not necessary, since nothing there requires 4 people) .

Aurora's canon is annoying but at least its fast and repeatable, and part of the weekly, so you can still find groups for it fairly well.

Shroud though? ugg.

why? just... why?

Edited by Jeweledleah

DEv team Stop making thouse goddamm 4 man puzzles , or atleast make it so you can

que up for thouse in Group finder , becouse as it is now it damm near impossible to find a group for

Shroud of the last stands

atm ive been trying to get a group for over an hour , people says it becouse thay cant help out !

#1 reason becouse they have completete it and cant push items that need to be pushed

#2 they stuck on a difrent part of the quest line

so mabee its time to rethink the puzzle system , so every one kan complete it and not just

people that have the luck to find a group for it !

:mad:

This is a quest gate so that you HAVE to take 4 people with you on these things. As levels increase, and gear increases the quests without these kinds of gating can be solo'd which is great for the high level player but not great for the low level player trying to get a group. This method ensures no matter what the gear, or level the players are that these weekly dailys requirements will be able to be completed.

This is a quest gate so that you HAVE to take 4 people with you on these things. As levels increase, and gear increases the quests without these kinds of gating can be solo'd which is great for the high level player but not great for the low level player trying to get a group. This method ensures no matter what the gear, or level the players are that these weekly dailys requirements will be able to be completed.

except shroud is not a weekly. its a one time 4 man LONG quest at the end of a very long chain of SOLO quests that is not repeatable.

that was a bad BAD idea. it practically insures that unless you are very VERy lucky, or have a group of friends who decided to run these quests together from the start (like I did) - you are not finishing that chain. probably ever.

honestly? I don't even like being forced to bring 4 people no matter how much I may overgear the content. you should want to group, not be forced to group. funny story. I've been soloing Torvix for a while now. and yet, there are still groups forming for it. you know why there are not as many groups forming for 4 man heroics on leveling planets? because they are out of the way annoying to get to.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I had honestly never gone back to do this quest, and did not realize you could not push parts of the puzzle without having the quest. That does seem like a horrible design. The quest itself is fine, and I actually really enjoyed it and will remember it as one of the few memorable quests I've done in this game. However, I always assumed that if I wanted to do it again I could just bring 3 friends, regardless of whether or not they're on the quest. If that's not the case, that *should* be changed. Requiring 4 people is one thing, and absolutely fine. Requiring 4 people on the same quest is too much. These were the kinds of things WoW realized were a bad idea and got rid of every time they did an overhaul of a zone. I hope this game does the same.

not one of the things you guys have listed qualifies as a puzzle. Pylons you can literally just press 1 direction to solve. Fabricator isnt a puzzle either nothing to really solve there pretty sure a blind monkey could do that just by randomly clicking buttons...and dont say olok qualifies as a puzzle cause thats just a joke all day long. If they wanted to make a real puzzle they would put something in that is completely random everytime and cant be solved by simply picking 1 direction. You want a puzzle put in something that is completely random each time and each player has to solve individually on the fly in a certain time limit or they die. Now thats a puzzle. Nothing that can have an app made for it to figure it out for them etc. Make it a true puzzle. oh and minefield is not a puzzle especially since you can just pick a side and go up it without having to worry. Edited by Ansalem

Who cares about naming it puzzle or not, you're derailing the thread. This is about Bioware mandating that certain Heroics which are in particular horrible to find group four need 4 players to click panels, other wise you won't progress.

Agreed.

At OP. I can make you happy. The people who are saying they cant come to help out are not telling you the whole truth and are taking the easy way out.

Yes ... there are parts that cant be done when you have allready done the mission. There ARE however other buttons you still CAN push. I have helped out my guildies on a few attempts. I noticed that only 1 or 2 buttons were grayed out for me.

As for the HK rant ....... I really really dont know how the HK part consists of doing heriocs where you need more people for.

- Picking up the quest

Its an instanced solocontent quest within a heroic 2+ area. You only need to avoid the mobs on the way to the instance. Also, the H2 area is perfectly soloable as lv50 if you happen to aggro mobs.

- Theoretica

solocontent

- Searching for parts on planet

Solocontent. Yes, having more people is nice but its not a requirement at all.

- dropped parts in flashpoints

Groupcontent. This the only groupcontentpart. HOWEVER ...... you get the parts by defeating bosses you normally defeat too. I read a lot of people nagging about lv55'ers doing lv50 content. I suppose those flashpoints arent the issue to find a group. If you can't find a group you can always solo one flashpoint on normalmode (forgot which one dropped the part on normal). If you are a bit geared you should have no issue what so ever to solo the hardmodes too.

Last advice I can give: JOIN A GUILD!!!! I have yet to meet a guild where nobody could come and help out on difficult missions.

I got invited to do this quest this past weekend. I had never signed up for the macrobinocular/seeker droid quests, so I did that first. I was able to go all the way through the Shroud quest for the guildees who were trying to complete it and have to say it was a PITA. But I was able to support it even though I was not that far enough into the questline myself.

I had honestly never gone back to do this quest, and did not realize you could not push parts of the puzzle without having the quest. That does seem like a horrible design. The quest itself is fine, and I actually really enjoyed it and will remember it as one of the few memorable quests I've done in this game. However, I always assumed that if I wanted to do it again I could just bring 3 friends, regardless of whether or not they're on the quest. If that's not the case, that *should* be changed. Requiring 4 people is one thing, and absolutely fine. Requiring 4 people on the same quest is too much. These were the kinds of things WoW realized were a bad idea and got rid of every time they did an overhaul of a zone. I hope this game does the same.

but... its such an easy puzzle O_O i pretty much volunteer to do it whenever we run it. especially since on 8 man, you still only need one person since there's no button pushing debuff. it only gets annoying on 16 man where you have to coordinate 3 people.

Even on 8 man you are a fool for doing it by yourself... with 3 ppl pressing the buttons this boss can be killed in under 2 min

Even on 8 man you are a fool for doing it by yourself... with 3 ppl pressing the buttons this boss can be killed in under 2 min

he dies fast enough anyways. about 2 minutes I'd say. but it sure is easier for one person to deal with buttons then coordinating 3 (out of 8 people) making sure you press buttons just right. doable, but too much of a headache for something that I enjoy alone anyways, and other people don't and would rather pew pew the boss.

but if that makes me a fool? then I'd be proud to sport that title.

Who cares about naming it puzzle or not, you're derailing the thread. This is about Bioware mandating that certain Heroics which are in particular horrible to find group four need 4 players to click panels, other wise you won't progress.

I've not even bothered to try to find a group. My guildmates are not interested in helping me with something that will give them nothing. We're too busy doing HM runs.

Who ever thought the seeker droid and macrobinoclulars was going to be fun for the players need a swift kick in the behind. Those are the most tedious missions I've ever done. I'll never finish them because of the last 2 mission for the binoculars are 4 person heroics and the same with the droid. It's the last mission.

They are not missions you can use group finder for. They're soloable until the very end, and then you need a group. Bad design, bad design, bad design!:mad:

It too me two weeks, asking daily in the fleet and in my guild to gather a full group of four. Some people told me they tried a month along. The quest is good, and the last part is good too, but it's straightforward to gather a group for them.

As far as I noticed, anybody can help even if they've not the quest. In this case, however, your helped have nothing to win but a repair bill.

stay at fire ftw !!

I know your pain.

I still can't understand what the difficulty is with the puzzle, it's just the Towers of hanoi