A Look At The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

Yeah because it wouldn't make sense to use part of that marketing money to hire more help for coding/bugs/exploits. Pretty sad when this game has major bugs and exploits that other big named MMO's would of had out of the game in a few days. But I guess that's hard to do when your spending all your time and money running a multi million dollar ad campaign all over TV and internet.

Obviously you have never played another MMO before. Big named or other wise if you serioulsy think that. Wow has had bugs and exploits that have lasted Years. Try again.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try reading before you actually post next time....

I never said fire the marketing department, I said use PART of the money being used to run ads all over television and the internet.

You do not understand how business and these companies work. You don't just take money from one dept budget to apply to another just like that. You also don't realize that debugging and coding take enormous amounts of time and resources. They don't have the budget of a behemoth like Activision-Blizzard. The problem is most of the "haters" are kids, who have never learned patience and want things the way they want them and want it immediately. The game has been live for 2 months. If you dont liek it then fine, leave and find a game you do. Staying on the message boards b&m about things wont get it done it just makes you appear to be a whiny troll.

Obviously you have never played another MMO before. Big named or other wise if you serioulsy think that. Wow has had bugs and exploits that have lasted Years. Try again.

not only that, I don't know which spots are shown in other parts of the world, buuut over here the spot shown is basically bits from the cinematic from the start of the game (you know, the ones you see when you start the game for the first time)

on top of that at the end of the spot there's a little page telling you to go see episode 1 in 3D (how about no?)

I highly doubt .that. spot costs a whole lot of money ...

oh yeah, the spots run in the middle of the night on comedy central, hardly an expensive slot

Edited by amnie

It's been quite a while ago for me, but I'm pretty sure they don't teach coding and game design in marketing classes. :rolleyes:

Correct. But they use the same money to pay the people who do so. So, re-allocate some money from marketing and put it into development.

Just taking the opportunity to chime in here (no, neither flaming the game nor high-praising it).

What I found funny about this commercial, was the statement that we can make our own SW Saga in SW:ToR. Hmm...every story detail is given to me and regardless of my choices, the story will have its own end. That's not really making my own saga, it's following a path which I can't influence. I can't choose not to fight the big endboss (not saying who it is due to possible spoilers) as a jedi knight in case I went full dark side. I have to fight and defeat him, if I want to "end" my current story line.

Not that I mind that too much, but the wording seems wrong to me.

But oh well...such is promotional work, I guess.

All in all I like the game however, even though it has massive flaws.

Nice to see you guys got time to put together pointless video's that are completely done in bad taste instead of actually communicating with your customers and focusing on fixing the game. But I guess doing that would actually make sense.

Nice to see you guys got time to put together pointless video's that are completely done in bad taste instead of actually communicating with your customers and focusing on fixing the game. But I guess doing that would actually make sense.

Are you new to marketing?

Do you think that department has the same staff and budget as the development/design department?

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ has been an incredible hit, becoming the fastest-selling MMO of all time with over a million players starting their own Star Wars™ saga in the first 24 hours! See for yourself what just a few of these players have to say about their experiences with the game in this new video!

Watch Now

I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that BioWare needs to stop coming out with ridiculous "New Player Guides", videos about how "great the game is!" and actually pay attention to the PROBLEMS with the game, you know, like the horrendously linear design of Ilum, the numerous bugs that still burden us in the end game and the rest of the game alike.

You've obviously confused your demographic. I get that its more about money than it is customer satisfaction at this point, but wasn't it obvious that you need to focus on actually fixing/creating end game content when you found out that most of the people who got to 50 within the first month have unsubscribed due to your total disregard of the community? All the DevTracker shows is that you address and answer the same, stupid drawn out questions asked by idiot players who can't follow basic instructions or learn to play the game, all too frequently without even providing us with any kind of solution to any of your REAL problems, writing it off constantly as a "thank you for your patience" or "working as intended".

Acknowledge the incredibly dissapointed hardcore-playerbase you've been losing since January, or I'm going back to Rift.

This is the most awkward thing i've ever watched. cancelled.

It bothered me to watch it as well which was why I had to turn it off after about a minute in. All this video did for me was scream the game is tanking and I should do a 180 and run away as fast as possible.

I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that BioWare needs to stop coming out with ridiculous "New Player Guides", videos about how "great the game is!" and actually pay attention to the PROBLEMS with the game, you know, like the horrendously linear design of Ilum, the numerous bugs that still burden us in the end game and the rest of the game alike.

You've obviously confused your demographic. I get that its more about money than it is customer satisfaction at this point, but wasn't it obvious that you need to focus on actually fixing/creating end game content when you found out that most of the people who got to 50 within the first month have unsubscribed due to your total disregard of the community? All the DevTracker shows is that you address and answer the same, stupid drawn out questions asked by idiot players who can't follow basic instructions or learn to play the game, all too frequently without even providing us with any kind of solution to any of your REAL problems, writing it off constantly as a "thank you for your patience" or "working as intended".

Acknowledge the incredibly dissapointed hardcore-playerbase you've been losing since January, or I'm going back to Rift.

/signed

It bothered me to watch it as well which was why I had to turn it off after about a minute in. All this video did for me was scream the game is tanking and I should do a 180 and run away as fast as possible.

I kept thinking about the orchestra on the Titanic.

Yeah because it wouldn't make sense to use part of that marketing money to hire more help for coding/bugs/exploits. Pretty sad when this game has major bugs and exploits that other big named MMO's would of had out of the game in a few days. But I guess that's hard to do when your spending all your time and money running a multi million dollar ad campaign all over TV and internet.

I would rather play The Old Republic with the bugs it has than go back to playing another Elf or Orc YUCK

Seriously??

What next, are you going to hold your breath until they do this?

Agreed

It doesn't seem like anything will make you LIKE this game anymore.

Just go back to Rift dude. Play what you love, love what you play. If you can't stand it anymore..WHY ARE YOU HERE?