The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Probably not to lose rage points and to keep a quicker pace. Pretty sure he meant topping him off not healing from 15% or less.

IN most cases it is just as fast to just heal yourself. Or you have like 1-3 seconds loss.. so minor difference.

Probably not to lose rage points and to keep a quicker pace. Pretty sure he meant topping him off not healing from 15% or less.

It's quicker though for him to top himself off instead of waiting for the healer to do it then rest to recover his resource after healing. The only healing that should be done between fights is the Bounty Hunter/Commando rapid shots as that uses no resources, can be performed on the run, and charges a beneficial ability. Other than that Tanks and DPS need to heal themselves between fights.

While leveling my guardian tank (may shadows get some love soon) I queued for 50 HM and get in the FP and the healer points out I'm sitting at a glorious 14K hp. I apologized and offered to leave, healer says to stick around. He heals like a boss and we get through. I even got a drop or two and was sitting at a lovely 16k hp by the end. :cool:

It's quicker though for him to top himself off instead of waiting for the healer to do it then rest to recover his resource after healing. The only healing that should be done between fights is the Bounty Hunter/Commando rapid shots as that uses no resources, can be performed on the run, and charges a beneficial ability. Other than that Tanks and DPS need to heal themselves between fights.

I actually get annoyed when tanks heal up out of combat lol (my main is a healer). Im not that jerk healer that aggros before the tank but i do like to run and gun, and unless its that damn dog pull in Cademimu, i love when tanks pull at a borderline out of control pace, forcing me to keep up. It brings a "we better finish this mission fast or people are gonna die" mentality to a FP instead of carefully and delibrately planning each trash pull like there is no sense of urgency. If tanks pull with less than full health i just consider it a challenge and heal away.

Oh yah, my latest weird people story. Running some random FP and about ten minutes in, one of the DPS says, "you're a queer" and leaves. Myself and the other two in the group spent a few minutes wondering what we could have done to set him off, then 3 manned until right before the last boss, a dps queues into our group and gets probably the quickest FP run hes ever had.

a couple of days ago i did a hammer station HM on my scoundrel as i was trying out dirty fighting dps

it's pretty fun. things were going well. the tank took about 10-15m to explain every single fight for the healer who had not done the HM before, just SM.

so we get the bonus boss, and i explain that the healer and any ranged dps (of which we didn't have actually) could stand at 30m.

i walked over to a spot on the wall to say 'tank can stand here against this column' and jumped a few times, then walked over to some crates and said 'heal/ranged can stand here'

tank says repeatedly that there's absolutely no possible way the healer can outrange the boss' aoe without moving. the healer gets a little frustrated and says 'can we just go already?'

tank pulls, goes in a completely different spot that i suggested, and we eventually wipe.

tank immediately says 'see? i told you. not possible to stay out of the aoe'

so i then explain again, this time making sure that the tank stands directly where i'm standing.

then we pull the boss, and win. no one died! it was a miracle!

tank made some comment about how we managed to do it by luck.

i thought 'ok, WHATEVER. you were right, let's just go.'

then the tank, i guess as punishment to me, refused to guard me for the remainder of the flashpoint, even when i pulled aggro after using surrender and even after using disappearing act. i have a mixture of 72/69 gear with a few random 75 mods i've gotten from ops on my commando.

the other dps? full 66 purples and blues with lv30 or so relics

thankfully it didn't cause any problems (and the one wipe we had on the bonus was our only wipe), but i thought that was a pretty petty way of dealing with being wrong. i really didn't know what to think of it.

Where were you having the tank positioning the boss so the healer was able to be outside of range? Of all the times I've run it (a lot) I have yet to find a spot where the healer can actually be in range or tank and outside of range of aoe without moving.

I actually get annoyed when tanks heal up out of combat lol (my main is a healer). Im not that jerk healer that aggros before the tank but i do like to run and gun, and unless its that damn dog pull in Cademimu, i love when tanks pull at a borderline out of control pace, forcing me to keep up. It brings a "we better finish this mission fast or people are gonna die" mentality to a FP instead of carefully and delibrately planning each trash pull like there is no sense of urgency. If tanks pull with less than full health i just consider it a challenge and heal away.

Oh yah, my latest weird people story. Running some random FP and about ten minutes in, one of the DPS says, "you're a queer" and leaves. Myself and the other two in the group spent a few minutes wondering what we could have done to set him off, then 3 manned until right before the last boss, a dps queues into our group and gets probably the quickest FP run hes ever had.

No, I had the quickest run on Colicoid War Games. I popped in right as they killed the last boss. No loot, but 20K xp and all I had to do was watch a load screen.

After a long RL break I finally found my way back into the game and decided to throw my baby guardian tank into groupfinder. LI HM was chosen, the rest of my group all from the same guild, of lvl 55 and me around 51ish. I thought, sweet, this will be a smooth run, since guild groups tend to be more organized. I was still a little bit rust in, but well. I knew LI from heart, back from countless wipes, before it became all groupfinder-y.

I said hello. No answers. How nice, one of this groups. I asked, is this flashpoint known to everybody? No answers for the plebs. I said, well then, I take this as a yes and off we went. I just bypassed all trash up to Putrid Shacklaw, because I wanted to be done with this flashpoint as soon as possible since this "you are not worth our greeting" groups spoil every fun for me being in such groups. I waited then in front of the boss, watching silently the healer battlerez one of the DDs who fought the lava, but got tragically killed in the process.

I engaged Shacklaw and saw both DDs neglect the adds. I said, take care of the adds please and at last, one of them did. Fight was easy enough, but still.. how strange. Also later on, both DDs went only for my target. No priority list from weak to strong mobs. No.. nothing. The usual stray add I didn't got went to the healer, of course. He ran away with it (away from me), aggroing more mobs on his way. Healer died. The guarded DD broke his silence with, "why didn't you guard the healer? This wouldn't have happend, you know, if you did". I said, actually, it would regardless, but if you so wish and to avoid a debate on principle... I guarded the healer. I said nothing more and wanted to be just done with this flashpoint.

The Sentinel Droid came and I said, with two melees I'll kite him around, please just keep behind and I'll move it once it drops a bubble to your spot. Again, no answers. Fine, I engaged, and the first couple minutes went well enough. Then the healer decided to run ahead of me, dropping the occasional Energy Coil in my kiting path. Chaos with bubbles everywhere, surprisingly enough no one died.

On Sav-Rak the healer asked if there was " a trick" to kill this boss. Weeell, not that I'm aware of, I said, just cuddle up under it when it goes king kong and keep everyone alive when we are doing the console stuff.

I engaged. Boss prepared for smash, healer stayed range, it happened what must happen. He died. Later we died. We ran back and I asked why he did not join us. "I am a ranged class", he replied, "so this does not apply to me". At this point I was already so far beyond irritation I kindly explained to him, that he must please do me the favor to stack up on him, since he cannot outrange Sav-Rak smash. At least, on the second try we did it.

As we proceeded to Lorrick I asked for a cc now and then. A medic, or one of the mobs with this mean kick. No reply, and no cc either. As we came to the wall with this kick mob hidden behind techs and rakghouls, my pleas for cc was answered from the shadow. He went out of stealth, ran to the group and just stood there. Then it slowly began to dawn on him that cc requires to be in stealth, he moved backwards, was too slowly since a second later the first rakghoul bite him. Then the whole group stomped over him. I am really sorry that I did nothing to save him, since I was still digesting the scenery.

Lorrick also went surprisingly well. At least no one died, even with people parking in green stuff and high stacks of rakghoul plague viruses (no cleanse of course), or standing in front of him when throwing Satchel charges. Actually I was at the point i enjoyed the show and was a little bit sad it all had to end. I merrily wished them a good night and a sound sleep.

No reply :D

Why would you expect a healer to heal you out of combat? You are supposed to use your own rest ability to heal up between fights.

Because I am the only one that has taken any damage.... Healing is their job... if they can't take one GCD to top me off they shouldn't be healers..... I don't ask dps/healers to tank mobs for me... when I heal everyone is topped off... I don't understand why they shouldn't be... I don't like making these 20 min flashpoints take 45-60 min cause I have a lazy healer... I've just started scavenging and bio in between pulls till the start healing me.... however say I make a bad pull or a dps pulls before and everyone has taken dmg I will stop and heal myself

this is the guy I want healing me in FP's... and the highlighted part... once you've done these FP's once or twice you should be able to do that at full speed. With a guildie healer we did Hammer Station HM in 15 min last night... that's how all FP's should be.

Only 2 pulls ill even stop and ask for a cc on(most of the time ill mark it while fight the mob right before it and type CC cog please in chat... first big pull in hammer station(I think)... 2 elite droids and 4-5 silvers... and the pull right before the first boss in athiss(they are just too spread out 6 silver mobs)

Edited by wetslampigduex

Because I am the only one that has taken any damage.... Healing is their job... if they can't take one GCD to top me off they shouldn't be healers..... I don't ask dps/healers to tank mobs for me... when I heal everyone is topped off... I don't understand why they shouldn't be... I don't like making these 20 min flashpoints take 45-60 min cause I have a lazy healer... I've just started scavenging and bio in between pulls till the start healing me.... however say I make a bad pull or a dps pulls before and everyone has taken dmg I will stop and heal myself

I don't care if you're the only one who took dmg, it's not my job to outfight heal you, you have a outfight reg for that.

If you don't use your outfight reg in my group and you even start looting mobs while you should be regging, you don't have to expect any heal from me in the next pull. :rolleyes:

You don't want to make 20 min runs 45-60 min long because of the healer not topping you up, so you start looting mobs and make yourself the reason for the long run. how noble of you :rolleyes:

No, I had the quickest run on Colicoid War Games. I popped in right as they killed the last boss. No loot, but 20K xp and all I had to do was watch a load screen.

I said "quickest run HE'S ever had." However, your run is still pretty awesome. I wish id have more of those instead of the run in with window lickers like i have been getting.

this is the guy I want healing me in FP's... and the highlighted part... once you've done these FP's once or twice you should be able to do that at full speed. With a guildie healer we did Hammer Station HM in 15 min last night... that's how all FP's should be.

Only 2 pulls ill even stop and ask for a cc on(most of the time ill mark it while fight the mob right before it and type CC cog please in chat... first big pull in hammer station(I think)... 2 elite droids and 4-5 silvers... and the pull right before the first boss in athiss(they are just too spread out 6 silver mobs)

Send me a PM if youre on POT5 :)

I don't understand why they shouldn't be...

My healer only has so much energy to burn. Those tanks that refuse to top themselves off out of combat are the type that are off like a shot before I have a chance to recover the energy I wasted doing it for them. The choice is yours, heal you out of combat or heal you when you really need it.

I don't like making these 20 min flashpoints take 45-60 min ...

The single most frustrating thing I've run into during HM55's have been other players insisting on speedruns. If you hate the content so much, advertise on fleet for a like minded group and queue together. You still get the comms and don't have to worry about anybody being "lazy".

One of the best HM runs I was on (Athis) was a tank in 61/63's, an awesome healer, my 69+ geared Sentinel and another similarly geared DPS. The other DPS and I were backfills after their original DPS's ragequit after failing to vote-kick the tank. It was a nice easy run. Nobody was rushed and things died handily.

Edited by PlasmaJohn

Healing during combat is their job. Out of combat they need to rest like you should be to regen their resources. That's why you were given an out of combat rest ability. You claim to want a faster run but cause it to take longer by demanding an out of combat heal the healer then has to rest to recover from so they are prepared to keep you alive during the next fight.

Honestly if you were in a group with me and pulled the crap you say you do my next post in this thread would be featuring you the Tank to lazy to heal himself between fights, and how one or the other of us got kicked cause the healer refused to heal out of combat and the tank was pickin daisies in protest.

Healing during combat is their job. Out of combat they need to rest like you should be to regen their resources. That's why you were given an out of combat rest ability. You claim to want a faster run but cause it to take longer by demanding an out of combat heal the healer then has to rest to recover from so they are prepared to keep you alive during the next fight.

Honestly if you were in a group with me and pulled the crap you say you do my next post in this thread would be featuring you the Tank to lazy to heal himself between fights, and how one or the other of us got kicked cause the healer refused to heal out of combat and the tank was pickin daisies in protest.

Healing FPs should not be so much of a strain on your resources that you can't keep the tank up. When I bother to tankiI only use the out of combat heal if I need to lower my heat. And when I heal on my sorc its only a challenge because of gathering between pulls, and still very rarely have problems keeping the tank up without ************ at him to stop moving and do something that I can easily do.

Healing FPs should not be so much of a strain on your resources that you can't keep the tank up. When I bother to tankiI only use the out of combat heal if I need to lower my heat. And when I heal on my sorc its only a challenge because of gathering between pulls, and still very rarely have problems keeping the tank up without ************ at him to stop moving and do something that I can easily do.

If your good with that great. I'm not. When I heal, I heal in combat not out of combat when they have their own heal. When I tank I heal myself out of combat I don't expect others to burn their resources when they don't have to. It is quickest and easiest to pop my self heal as soon as combat ends and then move on.

I hope I never met both of you guys at the same time in a fp, because that is going to be the longest run ever with no out of combat heals ( or self-heals) :p

As a healer i put some hots on the tank out of combat if he needs them and if I have the energy. As a tank, i use my self-heal even though i normally get healed by the healer.

by the way, there are not that many places in the current game where the tank needs a lot of heals at the end of the fight, and the healer is completely out of energy. ;)

Edited by -DSR-

I don't care if you're the only one who took dmg, it's not my job to outfight heal you, you have a outfight reg for that.

If you don't use your outfight reg in my group and you even start looting mobs while you should be regging, you don't have to expect any heal from me in the next pull. :rolleyes:

You don't want to make 20 min runs 45-60 min long because of the healer not topping you up, so you start looting mobs and make yourself the reason for the long run. how noble of you :rolleyes:

You and the other 2 who responded should probably re-roll DPS... If you are a healer do your job and heal, cater to the tanks pace. Or re-roll on a RP server....

@adam_wan - I am on POT5... ill be on around 5:30 eastern ill hit you up

@OlosBC - good to see you back... sucks our PT dps got nerfed to the ground

oh healing out of combat. this may sound contradictory, but..

while I do heal people up, I really despise the assumption that its my job and they should never contribute.

aka - if you see me start my own out of combat recuperation? do not just stand there tapping your foot waiting for me to finish and top you off. (and sadly i see this all too often. sometimes I make a point of not healing that person. depending on whether i feel like i can afford to without punishing the rest of the group.)

this is especially relevant in leveling flashpoints, where healers resources are horrible and healing abilities are few. you don't really hit your resource regenerating groove until about lvl 40, so prior to that, don't be demanding little **** and use your out of combat heal. and after that, most of the time I don't care, but if a pull goes south (which happens) and we just barely survived? do hit that button. it costs you nothing and its a considerate thing to do.

Well yeah, if the healer is regenning resources, I'll do the same, rather than making him spend them again. That goes without saying. But being a primadonna because "I don't heal unless we're in combat" when he has the resources and ability to do so while the group is on the move is another matter entirely. (The primadonna term also applies to DPS/tanks refusing to heal while the healer is using his regency ability)

Anyway, let's get back to the hilarious point of this thread.

You and the other 2 who responded should probably re-roll DPS... If you are a healer do your job and heal, cater to the tanks pace. Or re-roll on a RP server....

You're not asking for a healer, you're asking for a babysitter. Good god, grow a pair and use your out of combat regen. It's given to you for a reason :rolleyes: