Thoughts on 1.5 Watchman Heal Nerf?

SovereignConvict

The nerf was BS, simple as that. The survivability of watchmen was the only saving grace for the class in pvp...Now it's a complete joke and the spec can't survive long enough to do anything worth a damn. Pretty much forces sentinels to go focus.

Quit your whining and go learn to play a different spec.

Helpful insight.

Anyhow, playing only the PvE side of things, I haven't really noticed a significant decrease in my performance so it hasn't been too bad. Then again I've been playing a lot more of my Shadow and Sniper too recently so maybe I'm not paying that close of attention.

Focus and Combat are both excellent viable specs for regular and ranked warzones. Do you see Commandos QQing that they can only utilize Gunnery for PVE? No. Do you see Sages QQing that they can only use Balance as a DPS spec for PVP? No. They adapt and overcome. Considering that the Sentinel/Marauder had 3 extremely viable specs for PVP and now only have two, I don’t think there is much to complain about.

Focus and Combat are both excellent viable specs for regular and ranked warzones. Do you see Commandos QQing that they can only utilize Gunnery for PVE? No. Do you see Sages QQing that they can only use Balance as a DPS spec for PVP? No. They adapt and overcome. Considering that the Sentinel/Marauder had 3 extremely viable specs for PVP and now only have two, I don’t think there is much to complain about.

Watchman wasn't viable even before the nerf. Also, pointing to other underpowered PVP specs is irrelevant. Just because there other bad pvp specs for other classes doesn't mean we should just move on and forget watchman exists. Some people like myself find watchman the most fun spec and only play the other two because they help the team more. When your favorite spec becomes unviable, it's perfectly legitimate to address your concerns in the forums. I haven't played watchman in pvp for a while ("adapt and overcome") but I would like to see the day where I can play my favorite spec competitively again. And yes, you do see commandos and sages complain about their middle trees for pvp, it's just less frequent because they've been weaker at competitive levels for a while.

Quit your whining and go learn to play a different spec.

Something tells me that you don't play Sentinels or Marauders.

I know how to play Watchman and Combat. I do not wish to learn focus and if it becomes the only pvp viable spec (and it pretty much is) I may have to shelve my Sentinel until this changes.

Watchman used to be the top dog back when they could spec force camo for 100% damage reduction. And they could hit some pretty high healing numbers, as they build centering faster than the other two specs. I guess BW thought they were too high.

Gotta admit, I didn't see a watchman nerf coming though.

Watchman used to be the top dog back when they could spec force camo for 100% damage reduction. And they could hit some pretty high healing numbers, as they build centering faster than the other two specs....

Thats quite far back, we used to have the 30% extra speed for trans also. So it wasnt just the 100% force camo that made us better.

A lot has changed to the talents since those days Valor is tier 1 so all specs can build centering equally fast. The extra speed on trans is in combat and so on...

As someone else said we are pretty much forced not to play the spec we like just because the team suffers.

Something tells me that you don't play Sentinels or Marauders.

I know how to play Watchman and Combat. I do not wish to learn focus and if it becomes the only pvp viable spec (and it pretty much is) I may have to shelve my Sentinel until this changes.

My Sentinel is my main and I am one of the top Sent/Mara on my server. What would make you think that I don't play one? I used to love playing Watchman spec and rolled entirely that spec for a long time. It was awesome to be able to run and take nodes 3v1. Or to hang onto a node just long enough to stop the cap and allow reinforcements to get there. But games change and the strong will adapt to these changes while the weak will sit there and QQ.

My Sentinel is my main and I am one of the top Sent/Mara on my server. What would make you think that I don't play one? I used to love playing Watchman spec and rolled entirely that spec for a long time. It was awesome to be able to run and take nodes 3v1. Or to hang onto a node just long enough to stop the cap and allow reinforcements to get there. But games change and the strong will adapt to these changes while the weak will sit there and QQ.

We have adapted to these changes- by playing only focus and/or combat in RWZs- but it is still legit to express the desire to be able to play watchman competitively. We are in the same boat here dude. Yes we're frustrated that a spec that we love to play isn't viable, but that doesn't mean we are too caught up in our frustration to adapt and play the other specs. Sitting here and QQing would mean that we would be still playing our beloved watchman, which I haven't done in a long time except the occasional regular wz. And you're right Sappharan shouldn't say things like that just because he disagrees with your opinion.

We have adapted to these changes- by playing only focus and/or combat in RWZs- but it is still legit to express the desire to be able to play watchman competitively. We are in the same boat here dude. Yes we're frustrated that a spec that we love to play isn't viable, but that doesn't mean we are too caught up in our frustration to adapt and play the other specs. Sitting here and QQing would mean that we would be still playing our beloved watchman, which I haven't done in a long time except the occasional regular wz. And you're right Sappharan shouldn't say things like that just because he disagrees with your opinion.

Agreed. However you are one of the few Sents/Maras that have adapted. Most are too scared to try out a new spec. I would love to see the Watchman spec get tweaked so that it could afford some more team-play ability but that is a tough nut to crack. I'm sure in the future we will see this class ebb and flow between which spec will be the king of battle.

Watchman still viable in normals, in fact, I would actually argue Combat is becoming a chore to play with the recent influx of bubble stun sorcs.

I do wish there was extra utility in Watchman though - it used to be so much more useful for the team back in 1.0, especially with the extra heals.

Edited by -Yui-

it may not be best team spec, yall might be right, but watchman is by far still topdog, do 500k all time and get 40 to 50 kills. if that isent helping team, more so due to me always annoying healers or ranged dps, not sure what is.simple, its by far the best one to one spec in game...

i no wz isent one to one, but many times ive held nodes on 2 assasians till help arrived or 2 ops . the heal nerf was bad, but tweak the gear bit and you will do 50 to 100k easy. nothing better then riuning some chump imp mara or jug in world pvp who thinks he the ******* due to some lame brain spec that is mindless and boring...and watchmen is the spec to do just that....