ETA on 1.3 Shadow nerf patch notes?

NoTomorrow

Any wise man is know that tanksins are balanced and dont need nor nerf nor buff..

But it is a bunch of underskilled whiners who crying to nerf any class that they dont know how to play against..

Thae main point that CLASS NERF WILL NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER!

You get nerf but you are will remain as bad player as you are now and there will be other classes that you will cry to nerf cause you will dont know how to withstand...

LEARN TO PLAY YOUR CLASS!

This is much cooler than Sent/Mara arguing against a nerf because you know english is not his first language. I read it in the pepe le'pew voice like he was trying to talk the painted kitty cat out of nerfing him.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see:

Shield like a Sage but are a tank so better.

Cast DoTs like a Sage and Lighting also.

Stealth like a Opertive but has a speed burst of a Sage also in Stealth.

Self heals that crit for pretty good numbers like a Sent or Maur.

Stuns and mez that other tanks lack.

And DPS very close to a full DPS spec but with better self heals.

Yea sure not OP in any way.

lol. already been called out twice on this post, but heres a 3rd.

false

false - tank spec has 1 DoT on a 2 second cast timer. no tankasin one would dare use this

true - can we say gap closer? ya it sucks Oeratives dont have one, but how is that the assassins fault?

false - already stated, heals dont crit. its a flat amount.

false - electrocute and WW (also on a 2 second cast, never really used much) Juggs have force push, backhand, force choke (doesnt need to be chanelled), chilling scream and Intimidating Roar. now, im no rocket scientologist, but i THINK 5>2. ill have to do some more research and get back to you though.

false - alright DPS for a tank, and ya, maybe decent in DPS gear, but then, any tank will do more dmg in DPS gear, so ill go with false on this one.

close. but you didnt quite make your point.

false

false - tank spec has 1 DoT on a 2 second cast timer. no tankasin one would dare use this

true - can we say gap closer? ya it sucks Oeratives dont have one, but how is that the assassins fault?

false - electrocute and WW (also on a 2 second cast, never really used much) Juggs have force push, backhand, force choke (doesnt need to be chanelled), chilling scream and Intimidating Roar. now, im no rocket scientologist, but i THINK 5>2. ill have to do some more research and get back to you though.

false - alright DPS for a tank, and ya, maybe decent in DPS gear, but then, any tank will do more dmg in DPS gear, so ill go with false on this one.

You ignored the self heals except to say they cant crit. I really did LOL.

You ignored the self heals except to say they cant crit. I really did LOL.

Huh? I wasn't replying to you. I'm not quite sure what you are expecting from me. I was rebutting his points, he said the heals can crit, I said they can't. Plus its easy to interrupt the heals with a quick stun or knockback.

Tanks who wear dps gear are bads who can't cut it in a real spec. It's a crutch. You can argue all you want. You're fotm because of a developmental glitch you're essentially exploiting just so you can be viable in spite of your lack of skills. I look forward to all of you being forced to play the class as intended. And while we're at it, there's no need to buff deception and make it easy mode for the newly migrating bads. Deception does perfectly well in the hands of a quality player. I quit rift when they buffed the living crap out of rogues and suddenly every awful player and their brother dusted off a class that was already fine to begin with, just so they could wtfpwn people. This, as most class balance issues go, is a l2p issue. These are bad players who rely on a skewed situation. Aside from these pitiful tanks, legit shadows/assassins already wreck face as deception/infiltration. No need to buff it and ruin what's a pretty well balanced class...until everyone QQ's it back to the stone age the second it gets buffed.

It's pretty simple.

You don't have to nerf or buff anything. Just make it so in order to wear stalker gear, you have to have a certain amount of points in deception tree. Boom. Problem solved.

I've been deception/infiltration (50's on both factions, same spec) since the beginning. And, no, I have zero trouble killing tank assassins...or any other class for that matter....I can't wait until you either get forced to l2p, or you quit because it isn't easy mode. There isn't a class I fear in my deception spec. Of course, I know what I'm doing.

Huh? I wasn't replying to you. I'm not quite sure what you are expecting from me. I was rebutting his points, he said the heals can crit, I said they can't. Plus its easy to interrupt the heals with a quick stun or knockback.

OK, Im willing to admit that I dont know how the self heals work. Is it not every time you do tele/lighting or do you have to have a proc or use an ability to make it heal?

Tanks who wear dps gear are bads who can't cut it in a real spec. It's a crutch. You can argue all you want. You're fotm because of a developmental glitch you're essentially exploiting just so you can be viable in spite of your lack of skills. I look forward to all of you being forced to play the class as intended. And while we're at it, there's no need to buff deception and make it easy mode for the newly migrating bads. Deception does perfectly well in the hands of a quality player. I quit rift when they buffed the living crap out of rogues and suddenly every awful player and their brother dusted off a class that was already fine to begin with, just so they could wtfpwn people. This, as most class balance issues go, is a l2p issue. These are bad players who rely on a skewed situation. Aside from these pitiful tanks, legit shadows/assassins already wreck face as deception/infiltration. No need to buff it and ruin what's a pretty well balanced class...until everyone QQ's it back to the stone age the second it gets buffed.

It's pretty simple.

You don't have to nerf or buff anything. Just make it so in order to wear stalker gear, you have to have a certain amount of points in deception tree. Boom. Problem solved.

I've been deception/infiltration (50's on both factions, same spec) since the beginning. And, no, I have zero trouble killing tank assassins...or any other class for that matter....I can't wait until you either get forced to l2p, or you quit because it isn't easy mode. There isn't a class I fear in my deception spec. Of course, I know what I'm doing.

Although i agree with pretty much everything you said, i have to ask out of genuine curiousity what glitch exactly are you talking about?

But ya, I recently switch my sin over to tank spec to try it for PvE, and its so much fun. i wear dps gear to do dailies, but thats it. i still have fun playing a tank as an assassin, but if i want to dps, theres 2 perfectly good specs for that

OK, Im willing to admit that I dont know how the self heals work. Is it not every time you do tele/lighting or do you have to have a proc or use an ability to make it heal?

the heals work my building up stacks of harnessed darkness whick require the use of either shock or wither to build one stack, so 3 uses of either ability gets you 3 stacks. at 3 stacks of HD, your force lightning heals you for 3% per tick and deals 75% more damage.

I meant glitch as in the devs let this all slip through the cracks without realizing it ahead of time. :)

ahh ok. ya true enough. i agreed with what was said above where something with the gear should be looked at instead of the class or specs. i play a tank assassin as a full on tank for ops and hard modes and its so much fun. it would be a shame if they killed that

How anyone can even attempt to argue that Tank Assassin is not op is beyond me.

How anyone can be stupid enough to argue that Tank Assassin IS over powered is beyond me. WoW to the stupid people on the inter-webs.

Edited by Lastot

Tankassins are no problem for me as a Juggernaut. I can kill most 1v1, and the VERY good ones I can hold out against for a longtime. People just need to be smart with their CDs, Medpacks,Grenades (yes grenades, either level an alt with cybertech or have someone make them, they are essential), CCs. Same goes for everyone in my guild pretty much. You need to take the time to learn how to fight them. Granted you may not win, but it's rock paper scissors really for classes. Everything has their bane and what they can kill.

I don't play a tankassin and I've gone up against many. I'm surprised how many people though really have no idea how to approach one or react when one comes at them.

That leave Madness Sin running along the WZ naked. And even Takasin would find a way around it by putting their dps mod in their tank gear.

As I agree there is something that needs doing about Tankasin, forcing them to play with tank gear is retarded unless you make pvp tanking at least viable, for now the only two defensive stats roughly useful in pvp are amor rating and endurance. And even armor doesn't do **** vs a pyro PT for example, and not much vs sorcs. How do you call a tank that is as squishy as every other class vs half of the ranged DPS ?

the heals work my building up stacks of harnessed darkness whick require the use of either shock or wither to build one stack, so 3 uses of either ability gets you 3 stacks. at 3 stacks of HD, your force lightning heals you for 3% per tick and deals 75% more damage.

ahh ok. ya true enough. i agreed with what was said above where something with the gear should be looked at instead of the class or specs. i play a tank assassin as a full on tank for ops and hard modes and its so much fun. it would be a shame if they killed that

That's the thing. I don't think they need to be nerfed at all. They just need to wear the gear they're supposed to. My buddy runs a tank shadow, with tank gear, and still rolls people in warzones...because he's actually good.

Logic tells us that a tank in dps gear should be LESS effective, not MORE effective. If you're a tank...you should be wearing tank gear. If I swapped out all my dps gear for tank gear, and ran a dps spec, people wouldn't be all over the forums calling me OP. They'd be saying what should be said....*** is wrong with you? haha. I'd be less useful, which is the way it's supposed to be. A tank is intended to have certain stats and certain gear for scaling purposes. Having an buttload of utility and tankiness, and all the dps perks to go with it isn't intended. People joke about the 31/31/31 spec, but that's really kind of what it is. You get all of the upside, with none of the down.

The most powerful classes tend to attract the worst players so the class's power is balanced by having an exceptionally large number of bad players.

The skill cap needed to play an Assassin well is also higher than that of Marauder. Most people play Tankasins as a Marauder wannabe and they'd be better just rolling a Marauder instead. Tankasins are extremely overpowered but it is a rather subtle thing. Leading a WZ in heal/protect/DPS is one of the LEAST overpowered aspect of the classes. The stuff you don't see is what seriously messes up your team, but few Tankasins know what they are and even fewer enemies are aware of it.

false

If you are going to claim Force Push as a stun/mezz then you have to count ALL the Tankassin stuns/interrupts/mezzes:

Electrocute (6secs) Spike (usable out of stealth as dark spec 2secs) Grapple (comparable to force push), WW (mezz). Plus we get Jolt (don't know if jugs have a comparable interrupt), and Overload (KB) Talk about utilities to lock down any caster, I pity the Bodyguard Merc up against a tankassin/deception specced assassin... Actually I just pity Bodyguard Mercs fullstop.

So that would put it at what? Not including jolt as I'm not sure on the jug specs... 5 all?

Edited by Remusrwolf

Add

Healer Sage/Sorc

Dps Scoundrels/OP

Guardians/jugs

No one calls for those to be nerfed either.

I call for DPS Scoundrel/Op to be nerfed on a scale based on their ELO rank once rateds come in. Good OPs are still very good. But a faceroll tanksin that can read can figure out how to be IMBA easy peasy.

If you can't beat a shadow, Tank look at other reasons and possibilities to why you can't. Nerfing classes has gone too far, completely ruining some classes, when there was nothing wrong with them. Prior 1.2 all classes were fine as they were, now healers, in 1.2 have some of the most hurtful changes made to their class since that update.

I think please, stop nerfing peoples classes, Bioware and start buffing people.

I look forward to the day ingame chars are reduced one level for each "nerf class X" post the subscriber makes......

Not that it would stop me! Rotten Op Jawa!

Edited by Elkirin

It will happen when there have been the requisite number of threads QQing about them instead of looking for ways to beat them.

That's exactly right. Instead of all this ridiculous whining for balance, other classes should just travel in pairs. A buddy system would ensure those misunderstood Tankassins are kept in line!

Given that I only get to play sporadically on my Tankassin, and still destroy any other class 1v1 (except guarded healers), I'm not surprised people have had enough of the carnage inflicted by more dedicated players of the class.

I'm going to wager a guess that a large portion of the "Asassin and Shadow tanks are OP" stems from all the different variations of the specs there are. You can have three different shadow/assassin tanks in one Warzone, and have them all running with a different spec and playing with different styles.

There's the good old, less used pure tank build. Then there's the build that focuses more on dps, with the wearers slapping on DPS gear. And let's not forget the build that gets you an instant whirlwhind.

*Shrugs*