Prehistoric artifact fragment

wainot-keel

The last few days been trying to get a decent amount of them but sheesh....

Where the heck can I find a decent area for grade 3 nodes ? Tattoine is about the right level, but nodes are few and so far between, that today I spent around 40 minutes and I managed to get 5 units of it (between 15 and 20 people on that instance at that time so I dont think I was losing them too much to other gatherers )

Alderaan is much better in terms of number of grade 3 nodes, but problem is that seems to be really biased towards Ancient artifact fragments, so again a lot of time for very few of them. Taris has grade 3 too, but I didnt find any "prehistoric" nodes, only ancient ones.

Any area that I'm missing ? I play on the empire side, is it any better from the republic side ?

Damn, I wish we could just shoot rocks to be able to farm them for archeology crystals, just like with Scavenging and Bioanalisys.:p

Yeah, I send my minions too, but you know how it is. Only 1 or 2 missions available at one time ( I used every mission but the color ones, just to refresh the list ) but still, not always I get the prehistoric fragments, and only just a few of them.

I'll try Nar Shadaa

Last I knew, you could do that by exiting and entering your ship. Might save a few credits that way.

-GH

Yeah, I know. Fleet - your ship is the fastest way to refresh crew mission list, but I was wandering around Tattoine, trying to find nodes to get prehistoric fragments. And doing missions to speed up the process. I could have logged and relogged, but not worth the aggravation. Besides, I was in the lightest population instance to maximize my chances at nodes, no guarantee I would have gotten in the same one after relogging

Edited by wainot-keel

• 1 year later...
sending my crew on archaeology missions is not an option. I think it is bad enough that I have to for treasure hunting because there isnt a way to go out and gather it. when I started playing and saw this was a thing and I had to pay ingame currency for it I was like "*** is this". I thought it was a joke to fool the noobs. I dont mind going out to farm materials. it is relaxing for me and I enjoy it. but making the gathering nodes scarce and produce so little is frustrating and idiotic. I want to know where the best place to farm certain materials fast. not find outdated locations posted 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. makes me want to quit.

sending my crew on archaeology missions is not an option. I think it is bad enough that I have to for treasure hunting because there isnt a way to go out and gather it. when I started playing and saw this was a thing and I had to pay ingame currency for it I was like "*** is this". I thought it was a joke to fool the noobs. I dont mind going out to farm materials. it is relaxing for me and I enjoy it. but making the gathering nodes scarce and produce so little is frustrating and idiotic. I want to know where the best place to farm certain materials fast. not find outdated locations posted 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. makes me want to quit.

Some will disagree with me, but IMO this game is not built around farming materials. It is built around running missions and nodes are just a nice bonus. You do not like it, that's your prerogative.

I will admit that archeology is at a disadvantage versus Scavenging and Bioanalysis for a couple of reasons:

- no mobs to kill to gather from

- the missions and nodes yield three classes of materials (power crystals, artifact fragments, and color crystals) and there are frequently two or three specific materials within those classes (color crystals always has three, power crystals and artifact fragments have one or two depending the grade/level)

If you are looking for Prehistoric artifact fragment specifically and you really want to farm go to Tattooine or Alderaan. I am afraid I cannot get more specific than that.

Better yet, send companions on missions and do dailies while you wait to cover the mission costs).