When will other crafting skills with get overhaul?

zisskhan

I belive all the crafting skills currently available are useless except for bio chem. You get cheap stuff out of vendors that you cant compete against with. Examples below

Cost of level 25 Mount is 8k

Crafting a level 25 Mount cost around 9k and 4 to 5 hours time to gather the matts either to mission or manual. The cost differs depending how many matss you scavenge on your own.

Craftiing Epic items have heavy cost.

Too make an epic item you need lot of Crit Craft material which means you need run muliple mission to get the necessary craft material.

The same epic items are available with vendor for tokens...Duh why will any one buy from me then?

Effects of Slicing Nerf.. Less and less people are buying Epic items of level 10-45. As every one wants to horde money to buy the mount.. Cant blame them Mount cost huge amount.

So crafting for profit is pretty useless. We need an overhaul of all the crafting profession as soon as possible

Edited by zisskhan

Could be due to the fact that not enough people are 50 yet, but I'm finding my grade 6 scavenging mats sell on the GTN, while my crit/surge critically crafted level 50 epic sniper rifle and epic grade 22 barrels remains untouched. Edited by torokokill

This is what I see as the root for the call to a nerf to slicing that occured in 1.0.1.

Other than Biochem, cybertech, and slicing .... crafting seems to matter none. I'm a synthweaver, but replacing the armor that I can make with quest rewards is super easy to accomplish. Why craft when I can just replace it with questing gear. I have to have scaveging, underworld trading, archeology, or whatever in order to get my mats .... a straight LOSS of cash. Even in slicing I can at least eliminate that because I can do 1k payment and get 700 or more back.

The other crafting professions need a better look at them. Slicing was nerfed because people wanted it nerfed because nobody else could make money that way .... fix the other crafting professions and then 'buff' the slicing back.

Since most people seem to be saying crafting other than Biochem is worthless (with a few excpetions like Cybertech), then odds are Biochem will be next on the nerfing block. Instead of aiming for a whole set of excellent crafting skills, they seem to be intent on diminishing any that approach excellence so we are left with a whole set of lackluster (at best) crafting skills. This perception would have been greatly altered had they made a more modest adjustment to Slicing instead of the 70% gouging. To be so heavy-handed implies that they care more about something being potentially better than about everything being at least good.

No, Slicing was nerfed because it made so much money that credits became a non-issue for everyone that took it. That makes everything essentially free for them, and will lead to rampant inflation for everyone.

Deep breaths, guys. It will be ok.

No, Slicing was nerfed because it made so much money that credits became a non-issue for everyone that took it. That makes everything essentially free for them, and will lead to rampant inflation for everyone.

Deep breaths, guys. It will be ok.

They have a very short period of time to make it okay, we'll see what happens.

I think the thing to remember is that they are still testing everything out, the game itself is new, so before they nail crafting down they will have a lot of trial and error. The slicing nerf is kind of the opening for Bioware to see the effects that it will have on the market a etc., so I expect that we will see similar nerfs and buffs over the next few months. With time they should help to even crafting out. Edited by Ugotpwndzzed

Pointless until there is reason for people to spend money on the GTN again.

All the consumers are gone because they nerfed Slicing into oblivion. There is absolutely no market for mid leveling or leveling items now that credits are so scarce to come by.

It will even out soon. Just you wait.