Bioware hates PvP

Sztoid

1.4.3 Patch Notes

10/30/2012

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

A potential method for Imperial players to reach Anchorhead on Tatooine has been corrected.

aka

Corrected an issue that allowed imperial players on PvP servers to implement their own PvP raids for fun due to lack of PvP content in SW:TOR.

IMO they should just take out the exhaustion zones leading to both spaceports on Tatooine and maybe even allow opposite fractions to travel to each others area on Corellia. With so many post about lack of PvP I feel this was a step in the wrong direction. Bad enough we can't fight in Voss-Ka any longer.

How hard would it be to implement getting commendations for player kills. Obviously you get nothing for killing grays and if you kill the same player within a certain amount of time. Easy temporary fix.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. BW didn't just wake up one day and say forget that people complained about it.

I remember a thread not to long ago started by someone (can't find it right now) who got killed in Anchorhead. They wanted it changed so Imps couldn't get there. There was a bunch of opinions going both ways but I guess more people said it was a game killer on the nerf side.

If you look around the General Discussion forum you will see a lot of posts that use the words "force me to PvP" quite a bit. They hated Section X because, surprise, everyone was there trying to get HK. They hated going into Outlaws Den for the parts. They get upset about the events because they have to PvP occasionally.

Let's not forget the most populated servers for this game are the PvE servers. If enough of those guys ask for something the devs will give it to them. Not to say there aren't good PvPers on those servers but I would guess the majority of the people there don't PvP at all.

TL:DR - This is a PvE game. "Exploits" like this will get eliminated to appease the PvE crowd.

Imps can't get to Anchorhead anymore? That sucks, one of my most memorable experiences as a new player was seeing a bunch of imperials in an Anchorhead cantina roleplaying, and then eventually breaking out in to a fight.

Why remove fun things?

Nothin' stoppin' you from doing it in Alderaan.

It just wasn't intended to occur in Anchorhead/Mos Ila, that's all.

Can't they just keep it the way it is for PvP servers and still make these changes for the PvE servers? Problem solved right? Or am I being ignorant?

Exactly what I was thinking but I'm assuming they have a master layout for the world maps and when they make a change to it, it effects all servers. If that is the case, they should have a PvP and PvE one. I understand people not wanting to be forced to PvP. Other than Outlaw's Den, a lot of the complaints were of other players exploiting the system with AoEs or healing NPCs.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. BW didn't just wake up one day and say forget that people complained about it.

I remember a thread not to long ago started by someone (can't find it right now) who got killed in Anchorhead. They wanted it changed so Imps couldn't get there. There was a bunch of opinions going both ways but I guess more people said it was a game killer on the nerf side.

If you look around the General Discussion forum you will see a lot of posts that use the words "force me to PvP" quite a bit. They hated Section X because, surprise, everyone was there trying to get HK. They hated going into Outlaws Den for the parts. They get upset about the events because they have to PvP occasionally.

Let's not forget the most populated servers for this game are the PvE servers. If enough of those guys ask for something the devs will give it to them. Not to say there aren't good PvPers on those servers but I would guess the majority of the people there don't PvP at all.

TL:DR - This is a PvE game. "Exploits" like this will get eliminated to appease the PvE crowd.

Lets also not forget at launch the most populated servers were PvP. They screwed over the PvP players and continue to do so.

Lets also not forget at launch the most populated servers were PvP. They screwed over the PvP players and continue to do so.

come on. designing the game and certain maps to limit ganking/griefing lowbies is not screwing over PVPers. there is no reason imps need to be able to get into what is supposed to be a safe zone for the other side. how about you all stop booohoooing about not being able to gank lowbies on a lowbie planet and go to the endgame areas where level 50s are?

aka

Corrected an issue that allowed imperial players on PvP servers to implement their own PvP raids for fun due to lack of PvP content in SW:TOR.

IMO they should just take out the exhaustion zones leading to both spaceports on Tatooine and maybe even allow opposite fractions to travel to each others area on Corellia. With so many post about lack of PvP I feel this was a step in the wrong direction. Bad enough we can't fight in Voss-Ka any longer.

How hard would it be to implement getting commendations for player kills. Obviously you get nothing for killing grays and if you kill the same player within a certain amount of time. Easy temporary fix.

I do enjoy killing members of the opposite Fraction.

aka

Did you not play on Illum during 1.2 pre-hotfix? Imperial players are home to most of the griefers/campers/degenerates. Blame them, not BioWare.

It may have been fun a few times but the Imps were coming over to Anchorhead daily on The Bastion,i know my 50 Scoundrel and a host of other Repubs would fight them often so that lower levels could yah know get on the speeder or even exit the spaceport,,like i said it was fun at first but the Imps abused it.

aka

no bioware hates you

Did you not play on Illum during 1.2 pre-hotfix? Imperial players are home to most of the griefers/campers/degenerates. Blame them, not BioWare.

Honestly, that was the very reason I didn't pvp for many months since I started playing this game in January, I've read so many "horror" stories about camping in Illum that I decided never to try pvp in SWTOR. Lucky for me, I started pvping a few months ago and now I'm totally hooked it!:cool:

Let's generalize guys! That's always fun to do, right? I mean, it's not simply because in this specific circumstance one side overwhelmingly dominated the other numerically, right? There's no such thing as Mob mentality. This totally doesn't happen in any other game, so it's totally fine to demonize human beings.

Edited by RazielHex

right, because groups of 50s ganking lowbies on tatooine is PVP. :rolleyes:

right, because hordes of 50s NEVER come to help out :rolleyes:

i dunno if you know how true pvp works. your super hardcore and ultra elite pve operations are that way ----->

Edited by FourTwent

i dunno if you know how true pvp works. your super hardcore and ultra elite pve operations are that way ----->

Exactly and within an hour you got 50 on 50 with a side a lag.

yes i know, gankers love that argument. "we only stomp lowbies to get 'real' pvp going". what a joke, lol. always has to be lowbie stomping for some reason. guess you never thought of going to a lvl 50 pve area to start up some pvp?