I finished taking all 8 classes to level 50, will answer any player questions.

Myshtar

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you find Operative as a healer?

What is an Operative like to level to 50?

Is the assassin a viable tank?

1. I did not use operative as a healer, I used a healer companion with the operative specc'ing in Concealment. If you are level 50 and going into PvP, you should play it as a healer until you can atleast equip full cent gear, after that switch over to Concealment and have some fun face planting healers :)

2. Had no problems at all, as long as the companion is a healer.(Lokin) I use a standard 3-31-7 build, in my opinion is best for PvE leveling solo.

3. No. I used an Assassin defense build with a healer, only so I had no problems with elites or bosses. I tried to spec it offensively and it simnply did not work for my play style. If you have played other MMO's, having light armor and stealth is not a "tank" regardless how you spec it. Don't get me wrong, you can spec defensively and even heal yourself mid combat using 3 stacks of HD, however you cannot mitigate damage like a true tank(Powertech) True the powertech cannot heal itself, but when you are getting focus fired, 3% of health per tick is meaningless...

So I only have 4 days left of my sub,,,, It so far will not be renewed.

My question is,

How did you manage to stay playing for so long and not want to self harm? I personally cannot get my alt past Taris due to boredom. Really find leveling so tedious I cant stick to one alt for long. What is your secret, what am I missing, are you just leveling by only doing main story and no dull side quests??

If you have the secret please let me know and maybe I can rethink my sub.

The trick I used to powerlevel is the same I used in WOW. You know when you do not play your charcter it gets "rested exp". I only played one charcter per day which means my other 7 were getting rested exp. If you do this correctly you will be getting double exp from level 20 all the way to level 50. This would also solve your problems of being bored, since everyday you would play a different character.

I don't group until the end game,(always keep an eye out for a good guild) while you group you can only level as fast as the slowest group member.(If you find a good guild early this makes the game a lot more enjoyable) I only leveled by doing quests,(storyline and side quests) I did not PvE group or PvP until level 50.

I have over 12,000 hours of online gaming experience, and the best advice I can give you is that if the game is making you upset, put it down and do/play something else. You paid for the game and you are paying a monthly fee to play the game, if you are not being entertained, put it down, its just a game :)

Got to love how there's a whole lot of jealous people in here, asking OP to move away from the computer. My bet is, OP has a family, job, does sports, and just did this on the side, because he knows his hobby. Knows how to game.

Just because you take several months to reach 50 doesn't mean OP needs the same.

Edited by Truga

First off, wow.

But seriously, why did you have them all on the same faction, AND go dark side on all of them? (Do you really have so much pent up hate as to go dark on that many characters?)

Are they all the same race and customization too?

Sarcasm aside (unless they all look the same too), I like rolling alts as much as the next person. But I always like to shake up the faction, race, gender, and alignment. Otherwise my characters would feel like an army of robots. Just seems like you're making the game more boring for yourself than it has to be.

Anyways, what is your absolute favorite class to play?

Edited by Stenrik

The trick I used to powerlevel is the same I used in WOW. You know when you do not play your charcter it gets "rested exp". I only played one charcter per day which means my other 7 were getting rested exp. If you do this correctly you will be getting double exp from level 20 all the way to level 50. This would also solve your problems of being bored, since everyday you would play a different character.

Thanks, I might give it a try, I dont rest my Alts in cantinas (which i think is where they level when not used?) I will log on tonight give it a couple of days and make my decision on Friday where to renew..

My question to you is : do you think AC switching should be allowed? given that you have level both ACs of each class to 50.

LOL, it would be obvious I would say NO :) However since leveling is so fast in SWTOR, I see no need for it, IMO it would shorten the actual time a player subscribes, "dumb down" the player base, and totally ruin a lot of the content that BW put in the game. Playing all the classes to 50 I can tell you that I have been reacted to based upon my race, class, sex, and former choices. If they put in AC switching gamers will miss out on a ton of new content they would have experienced if they played the class outright.

Great, now go grab a list of all available gear ingame and replace Torhead. Either that or go outside, you´ll see the sun in your face is feels good.

What´s the point of your post, really?

He said he would answer questions, he did exactly that. No point hating on the guy, he knows what he is doing clearly.

I do not see all 8 classes at level 50

I only see 4 classes at level 50 twice each

still got rep side to do bro

A Sorc plays nothihng like an Assassin, a Sniper plays nothing like an Operative, etc...

How do you make leveling efficient?

How long were average play sessions?

1. All the play times were under 4 days. It is hard to say an average because I did not skip conversations if I did not do the quest before. Since my Sorc was first for each planet her playtime will be much more then others.(She is also 51 valor, but I did not count that as /played time to level from 1-50) My Marauder will have more play time then my Jugg because he did not skip through his conversations for his class quests, even though my Marauder seemed to level about 10% to 15% faster then my Jugg.(A healer with a DPS class will level faster then a healer with a tank class, even though I spec'ed mu Jugg offensively so she was not really a tank)

2. I was always in rested from 20-50 so that is the best way to be efficient. I did not group and just did all the quests I was given as quickly as I could do them.(no heroic's or group quests, I play at very odd hours so sitting around for a group is a waste of time, right now it is 6:56 A.M. no way I am going to find a group now)

I'll bite. How does one get this double XP? By rotating alts and parking 'em in cantinas? If that's not it, I am clueless. :)

1. All my characters were always parked at the fleet.(in rested) I would log on and take a chacrter through a planet, then the next day take the next character through that planet. Remember ALL the quests are so much easier when you already know where to go, what to do, etc...

LOL, it would be obvious I would say NO :) However since leveling is so fast in SWTOR, I see no need for it, IMO it would shorten the actual time a player subscribes, "dumb down" the player base, and totally ruin a lot of the content that BW put in the game. Playing all the classes to 50 I can tell you that I have been reacted to based upon my race, class, sex, and former choices. If they put in AC switching gamers will miss out on a ton of new content they would have experienced if they played the class outright.

Are you saying you don't mind experiencing the same class story twice and repeated for all the classes?

Or did you even notice the story at all?

Ah..... I just mean that I'd say the best classes for solo PvP are the ones you seem to have most valour on, and assumed you'd found that too. :)

(by best I mean solo PuG friendly - in the way say a undergeared DPS Guardian/Jugganaunt is not)

Yep, since I solo'ed all the way from 1-50, I did not look for a guild until I hit 50.(Only interested in PvP now, so needed to find a decent PvP guild) It took me about 50 WZ's to find a guild I was interested in. The Sorc is so versatile,(Mine is a hybrid spec) I took her first so I could heal or DPS depending on what the group needed. I then started to play the Operative because it is so much fun in any WZ.(As long as you are geared) And lastly wanted to be able to DPS so took the BH, although he needs gear as well to be effective. I really want to take the Powertech into PvP, but cannot because of time limitations.

Follow up question.

Why do you think, if any, are the fundamental play-style differences between pairs of ACs?

i.e.

1.) Juggernaut vs Marauder

2.) Operative vs Sniper

3.) Assassin vs Sorcerer

4.) Mercenary vs Powertech

Its funny,the fact you have spent so much time getting to 50 you probably don't understand any of the classes beyond the basics.

Having a 51 valor Sorc and 2 other that are valor 30 each means I am a total noob :)

Great, now go grab a list of all available gear ingame and replace Torhead. Either that or go outside, you´ll see the sun in your face is feels good.

What´s the point of your post, really?

I know it might be difficult to believe in this jaded world of ours but maybe he just wants to help? :)

Could happen!

1. All my characters were always parked at the fleet.(in rested) I would log on and take a chacrter through a planet, then the next day take the next character through that planet. Remember ALL the quests are so much easier when you already know where to go, what to do, etc...

Ah yes. I have done that since games added rested XP. :)

Yup, I just thought you had something else up your sleeve. Thank you for your response.

I will list the character info here,(all are lvl 50 and completed all class quests) in case there are any character/class/companion questions. All the listed crafting skills and gathering skills are all capped at 400. I was not in any beta, so I cannot comment on any changes that were made in the beta before retail, compared to how the classes are today.

Myshtara – Sorcerer – Valor 52 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Biochem – Bioanalysis – Diplomacy

Val = 9870 Revel = 10k Drellik = 10k Zavros = 2954 Xalek = 5920

Myshtar – Assassin – Dark 8600(Dark 4)

Synthweaving – Archaeology – Underworld Trading

Val = 7912 Revel = 7790 Drellik = 7823 Zavros = 10k Xalek = 6579

Myshtarg – Marauder – Dark10k(Dark 5)

Artifice – Archaeology – Treasure Hunting

Vette = 7265 Quinn 8257 Willsaam = 8848 Broonmark = 9917 Pierce = 6867

Myshtarie – Juggernaut – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Slicing – Investigation – Treasure Hunting

Vette = 3394 Quinn = 9657 Willsaam – 7454 Broonmakr = 10k Pierce = 7978

Myshtard – Sniper – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Armstech – Scavenging – Investigation

Kaliyo = 6687 Vector = 8304 Temple = 7898 Lokim = 9626 Scorpio = 6043

Myshtary – Operative – Valor 31 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Armortech – Scavenging – Underworld Trading

Kaliyo = 5147 Vector = 7240 Temple = 9992 Lokim = 10k Scorpio = 8045

Myshtaria – Mercenary – Valor 29 – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Cybertech – Scavening – Underworld Trading

Mako = 6260 Gault = 7532 Blizz = 8879 Skadge – 5887 Cadera = 10k

Myshtarc – Powertech – Dark 10k(Dark 5)

Bioanalysis – Slicing – Diplomacy

Mako = 9830 Gault = 9798 Blizz = 8793 Skadge = 9418 Cadera = 9550

P.S. Just post any questions you have and I will answer them as soon as I have time. I was also the first player in World Of Warcraft to cap out the classes.(Both were done on PvP servers, although SWTOR was done on an RPPvP server)

A jack of all trades, is a master of none. . .

Got to love how there's a whole lot of jealous people in here, asking OP to move away from the computer. My bet is, OP has a family, job, does sports, and just did this on the side, because he knows his hobby. Knows how to game.

Just because you take several months to reach 50 doesn't mean OP needs the same.

43 been with the same woman for 18 years, 4 children. 2 are out of the house,(one is going into the military, I am a vet myself) the other 2 are twin 17 year olds, will graduate next year. I have coached soccer for 6 years.(girls 6th to 9th grade) You just gotta let the trolls have some posts, it gives them something to do :)

What allows me so much game time is the fact that I am permantly disabled.(No trolls not on welfare) Since I have made money from the gaming industry in the past,(No trolls not a coin pharmer) that is what I am aiming for now. I also have a few websites as well as a new one coming out that will be done by the Diablo 3 launch(I hope, LOL it will be if Bliz keeps pushing the release date back)

Like I said before all of the characters took under 4 days to go from 1-50, I am not a super hero, just know how to power game.