Hard Modes: What are we doing wrong?

Hey all.

So me and my group went on some hard mode flashpoints shortly after getting lvl50.

We started off with Black Talon, and even though we cleared it there was 1 unlootable chest, no big deal. Moved on to the others and we found this:

-Revan 1-shots players after his AOE attack at 50%.

-Boarding party end bosses enrage timer seems very short.

-Black Talon has unlootabe chests.

Are we doing stuff wrong or what?

Probably yes. Lookslike you lack DPS. And chest may require some crew skill like slicing.

We killed every boss up till that point without lacking dps, but I doubt for Revan our DPS was 50% lower then it should have been ^^. And no the chest was not slicable, no loot chest after boss kills are.

Edited by TheFirm

Had similar experience with Revan, got him down to 25-30%, but he just starts one-shotting people too quickly. We did manage to kill the boarding party end boss though (although in an unconventional way). Unfortunately their chest is also bugged and can't be opened.

There is baout zilion chests unlootable atm. Im questing together with my room mate and we are 45 lvl atm. We have done every possible FP only in the 2 ppl with comps. Of all the possible chests lootable, we managed to loot one. so......

It really disturbing since doing FP with companions really is challanging (with micro managing of them) and after numerous wipes on for example boardining party last encounter we got nothing.

We have done Taral V, Battle for Ilum, The False Emperor and The Esseles on hardmode. Sure we wiped like 7 times on the hardest bosses, which often seem to be the 2nd or 3rd. But most others were 2 or 1 shot. We also had problems with loot chests being locked after killing a boss, or getting the normal mode loot table, but we found the flashpoints themselves to be easier then expected.

We have done Taral V, Battle for Ilum, The False Emperor and The Esseles on hardmode. Sure we wiped like 7 times on the hardest bosses, which often seem to be the 2nd or 3rd. But most others were 2 or 1 shot. We also had problems with loot chests being locked after killing a boss, or getting the normal mode loot table, but we found the flashpoints themselves to be easier then expected.

You managed to get past the Gark ? (the guy who spawns waves of adds) What strategy did you use ? We managed to get him to 20% and enrage with 1,5 healers, but with a lone healer someone would always die during or right after the stuns.

Did any of you guys successfully kill the last boss of Boarding Party and can give me some pointers? Is the enrage time based or do the NPCs enrage after one of them dies? How do you manage the crazy damage of the Commander? What kill order do you go for? We tried killing the Commander first and just ignoring the reflect shield, but couldn't manage to down him before the damage just got way too unmanageable. We had a somewhat cheesy tactic which resulted in us killing the Security Chief, but Commander and Medic both enraged shortly after that and just destroyed us.

Did any of you guys successfully kill the last boss of Boarding Party and can give me some pointers? Is the enrage time based or do the NPCs enrage after one of them dies? How do you manage the crazy damage of the Commander? What kill order do you go for? We tried killing the Commander first and just ignoring the reflect shield, but couldn't manage to down him before the damage just got way too unmanageable. We had a somewhat cheesy tactic which resulted in us killing the Security Chief, but Commander and Medic both enraged shortly after that and just destroyed us.

Posted this in my heroic summary post. Don't tank, spread out to avoid aoe damage, dps zerg medic->chief->commander. Most of the damage in the fight is random anyways, so just need a good healer.

Posted this in my heroic summary post. Don't tank, spread out to avoid aoe damage, dps zerg medic->chief->commander. Most of the damage in the fight is random anyways, so just need a good healer.

We did it another way, we had out tank pull the Melee boss to the stairs where you enter.

Tank was the only one in range of Main Boss' grenade spams, killed Melee -> Main Boss -> Medic.