Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Live!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another horrible, buggy patch. Great job, as usual. Your so-called balance changes blow, dropping the token to sell for the recruit gear was bad, old bugs are back, and the GTN is broken.

The ONLY decent things in it were the companion unify color/hide head slot checks, and even it is buggy.

Edited by Hambunctious

I'm really disappointed that you broke the GTN for release day. This is when it's most needed. Also I nad my friends are noticing a dramatic loss of FPS compared to yesterday, we did not change any of our gfx settings.

On the plus side, I'm excited for dreadguard, it's finally an endgame armor set for agents that I love the look for. Also, as a marksman, getting the followthrough to proc on my execute makes the end of boss fights feel <so> much cleaner. I honestly think it should have always been this way.

Content-wise this is a great update, but you really need to work on getting them out far more often, instead of having ugly dry patches all the time.

(have your animators practice their teeth... yea...)

Edited by Galby

so ive been having issues all day with this new patch ive been trying to download it since 11:30 this morning and still havent been able to get it downloaded called swtor they said that there issues with this happening all over the place so i gotta wait even longer to play but its going to worth the wait is there any one else having this issue

so ive been having issues all day with this new patch ive been trying to download it since 11:30 this morning and still havent been able to get it downloaded called swtor they said that there issues with this happening all over the place so i gotta wait even longer to play but its going to worth the wait is there any one else having this issue

Yes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Now I'm stuck on a red screen telling me the launcher is updating.

I've emailed support... no response yet. I have cancelled my subscription and if things don't get better REAL fast I won't renew. I had to delete a trooper character because the previous patch bugged the storyline so bad they couldn't fix it. They sent me 20,000 credits and told me to reroll. I don't know *** is going on at BioWare but they need to pull their heads out and quick. I'm voting with my wallet. No play = no pay.

/ragecancel

No HK-51, no level incrase, no story line increase, no new high end tradeskill function/recipies: FAIL BW.

Going back to EQ.

It's all coming...you do realize they have to patch some stuff before they can introduce these major things? HK-51'll be here by the end of the year, the new planet next year, new crafting missions/schems being added all the time, and the storyline will increase next year. Just be patient...

No HK-51, no level incrase, no story line increase, no new high end tradeskill function/recipies: FAIL BW.

Going back to EQ.

no real class story,

bugs still,

fleet ppl drop to only 1 stance on US peak time,

only nerfs,

fail again BW,

going back to gw2.

Any reports on the slideshow/jerky motion/stutter with new shadows we saw on test ?

If I still have it I'll be gutted.

System

i7 @4ghz

32gb ddr3

ssd 230gig drive

gtx 680

It is not a problem with my system I can promise you that.

I, for one, am having this problem. This is the first time I've experienced it though; I wasn't on the PTS. It is very annoying, especially considering we were supposed to get shadow optimizations, but instead this patch has made it much worse. I have to turn off shaders entirely to get smooth camera movement back.

Please, PLEASE fix this, or give us an option to use the old shadow tech...

maybe i am stupid, but i swear i thought we were getting cathar race and HK companion on this release?

They promised that for this year, and with a 6 week planned release schedule we'll be lucky to see that by the end of November.

Being a player on the AP servers improvements to the group finder and a new Operation don't mean much when our server populations are so low. Some attention over here please Bioware.

Ok, thank you for the update, but, as a pvper, I had no benefits apart low performance issues and bugs on warzones: on civil war, for istance, when you are empire vs empire, you start as a republican, and also the voice is that of the republic commander that tells you to beat the empire. I have 2 gtx 560 SLI config, and never had problems of low FPS, now I have a lot.

Nice thing the moddable offhand, hope to see fixes coming soon! :D

Update 1.4 is Live....and broken...

This is why they should sort it on test live so EVERYONE can copy live chars to testlive and not just select raid guilds.

I got shot down some1 saying its a raid patch your not needed basically, i am no programmer but known some GMs in various games and said when one thing is even slightly altered it can have varrying consequences on completely unrelated content. This is that proof. Please bioware you have many players willing to test all content so you dont have as many glitches when it goes live. This issue is worth you spending time on so you get less negative response on release of new patches.

Patch 1.4 as a whole is pritty good.

I was un-excited about this update but I have to say fair play for some basic but valuable improvements:

Respwns on Dailies - much better.

Reduced costs for transferring mods and armouring - fantastic.

Companions don't look like muppets ...well they are always gonna look bad compared to my lovely characters but at least you can now see their faces so that the credits spent on varying their appearance aren't wasted.

Only thing I am not sure about is the animation on the Trooper's Grav Round - the starting point is kinda hard to hear but its probably better for group play even though I loved the sound of the old one.

Reducing the stuns for PVP play must make the gameplay better - those that say its horrible are probably those that were owning Recruits with Force Chokes and stuns rather than clever fighting.

Keep up the efforts Bioware they are appreciated...and roll on some new world events please - I love 'em!