What hard mode flashpoints actually work?

Before I quit playing TOR's endgame PVE content completely because of the horrible state it's in - can those that were more patient than I let myself and others know what hardmode flashpoints have:

1. Loot containers that work

2. Loot is actually level 50 loot and not randomly low level loot from the normal mode

3. No bosses are bugged out making them unkillable

4. You can actually zone in

5. The instance is finishable and the last boss drops the correct loot.

I've tried to run 3-4 hardmode instances now and only 1 of them: Black Talon, was even doable.

Also what the frak is up with PVE tier 1 gear costing like a minimum of 30-35 runs of a hardmode instance to get just one piece but strangely you can get a piece of tier 2 pvp gear with better stats after playing 8-10 warzone matches???

Right now it seems there's no reason whatsoever for my guild to do flashpoints - we'd all be better off just pvping and getting the gear then going straight to operations.... oh wait operations don't have problems do they? Like lockouts not working correctly, loot not being distributed properly - starting to get frakkin disgusted with Bioware on their PVE endgame.... what the frak were you thinking Bioware?

Also animation lag is so fun in PVP. How long do you think we're all going to maintain interest Bioware?

Edited by Mandilio

Yeah, endgame content is a joke. It's so horribly unpolished and bugged. There is basically no flashpoint / operation without a bug. We did a 8-man operation today and when we wiped and revived we couldn't enter the operation and needed to reset it. Thus we had to clear all the trash again after each wipe. Apart from that, we randomly died while being outside the operation, standing in the fleet. We just died for no reason. Gave us a few good laughs at least.

Black Talon, Directive 7, Battle for Ilum and False Emperor are all capable of being completed with some patience and coordination.

As for Boarding Party and The Foundry, they are not really working too well right now. Boarding Party's final boss is difficult, and his loot chest is also broken, making the flashpoint honestly not worth doing unless you want something from the earlier bosses. The Foundry's final boss is currently bugged (or extremely overtuned) and begins to instantly kill players when the fight reaches a certain point, rendering it impossible to complete for most groups.

All of the level 50 hard FPs have major bugs and broken mechanics. The difficulty is also extremely inconsistent - some bosses are completely trivial while others are practically unbeatable without creative use of game mechanics or a specific group makeup. All in all, like the above posters said, the endgame PvE as a whole is very clearly in an extremely unfinished/unpolished state, although I honestly wasn't expecting much more.

We have cleared all hard modes except Foundry (where last boss is broken). That doesn't necessarily mean they all work 100% though, but they are not utterly broken. The major issues you'll encounter is Black Talon missing mob spawns, Boarding Party final boss chest is bugged and Directive 7 Bulwark is heavily overtuned.

Other than that there are just some minor tuning needed and possibly some reworking of mechanics based on what the devs consider valid tactics or not. There are several bosses in the game that can be made significantly easier by using untraditional tactics (which some would consider exploits), and there are also a few bosses here and there that just require straight up gimmicks without giving any clues about what you need to do.

We have cleared all hard modes except Foundry (where last boss is broken). That doesn't necessarily mean they all work 100% though, but they are not utterly broken. The major issues you'll encounter is Black Talon missing mob spawns, Boarding Party final boss chest is bugged and Directive 7 Bulwark is heavily overtuned.

Other than that there are just some minor tuning needed and possibly some reworking of mechanics based on what the devs consider valid tactics or not. There are several bosses in the game that can be made significantly easier by using untraditional tactics (which some would consider exploits), and there are also a few bosses here and there that just require straight up gimmicks without giving any clues about what you need to do.

They aren't meant to work the way they do atm, so they are simply broken. Not 100% of them but a really large number and this shouldn't ever happen. It's okay, when a boss has a bugged ability or whatever but not multiple bosses being broken, one-shotting you for no reason or having an enrage timer, that is probably set for 8 people not for 4.

Edited by Mazzrad

They aren't meant to work the way they do atm, so they are simply broken. Not 100% of them but a really large number and this shouldn't ever happen. It's okay, when a boss has a bugged ability or whatever but not multiple bosses being broken, one-shotting you for no reason or having an enrage timer, that is probably set for 8 people not for 4.

That is just exaggerating. Except for the bosses I already mentioned there are no bosses that one-shot for no reason or have enrage timers that aren't possible to beat with a normal setup. While I would probably agree with you a few days ago, after having done them a few more times and discovered more tactics and mechanics what you're saying is simply not true.

Just today we figured out ways to deal with both HK in emperors betrayal and the third? boss (the guys that spawns waves of adds) in Battle of Ilum in consistent ways, bosses which we previously had struggled with. We have beat the last boss in boarding party easily the last few days, and got Bulwark on our second try and Mentor on our first today.

Although it's probably too late I'm not listing these to brag or something, but to let you know that with the right tactics and good execution all of these bosses are possible to beat consistently. Do I think we're doing it the way we're "supposed" to ? No. Do I agree that a lot of these bosses are over-tuned ? Hell yes. But saying everything's broken is just wrong.

Edited by Airees

I would agree that enrage timers are tuned to an extreme point - we were barely matching enrage timers even with a full Champion geared Commando and half Columi Guardian DPS. But mechanics wise? It's really up to you to use your surroundings and think about what to do. It's also incredibly important you interrupt boss abilities instead of soaking them like a wet sponge.

The enrages are fine, it's the bugs and the generally uninspired, rehashed encounters that are a problem. I mean every 2nd hard mode boss is a guy with blaster attacks that can be interrupted who does nothing of note except enrage after x time.