So, did Luke and Leia....

Velaran

.... Ever find out who their mother was? Padme is obviously never mentioned in the movies, (Thanks Obi-Wan.) but do they ever figure it out in the EU?

In fact, while we're at it, did Anakin ever appear to Luke or Leia after his death?

In the Expanded Universe they do find out who their parents are and Luke does see his father in a place called the Lake of Apperations , yet its never said if they talk.

What about Leia? And how do they find out about Padme?

Its not be written yet if Leia gets to see her father , but they both get to see recordings of them before the fall of the Jedi (but Luke sees recordings of his father as Vader killing in the temple from stuff R2D2 still had)

Well that must have been awkward.

Luke gets conned in a novel when a lady tells him she knows who his mother is to get him to help her and her people. At least, I think that was the basic plot. Been over 10 years since I read the story, and I can't even remember the name of the book now. Turns out at the end that she doesn't know, but he helps her out anyway. Not sure about after that, though. *shrug*

Oh, and I remember a suggestive scene where it appears he sleeps with her. If anyone can remember the name of the novel, that would help. I'll try going through The Box later to see if I can recognize it. :o

In the novel Tatooine Ghost, Leia travels to Tatooine to find a painting. There, she comes across the diary of Shmi Skywalker and Anakin's childhood friend Kitster, and she finally learns that Anakin wasn't always like Darth Vader.

Leia and Winter were trained by Sabe, Padme's decoy and handmaiden in The Phantom Menace. Her Wookieepedia entry doesn't mention whether she died on Alderaan or survived. If she was off planet, she very well could have told Leia about Padme. All we really know is that she did work for the Rebellion.

While a Senator, Leia developed a good working relationship woth Pooja Naberrie (Padme's cousin), as well. She could also tell Leia about Padme.

Edited by JacenHallis