is jugg DPS effective

Sliptallica

Rage is currently the burst spec. It's all about obtaining 4 stacks of Shockwave and smacking 5 targets with 3k crits via Smash. I can't vouch for the middle tree (brain farting the name) as I played it in beta and didn't get past 15. Immortal puts out decent damage for a tank tree.

For reference I'm level 47.

Edited by OBLCDiomedes

In PvP? Certainly, I'd say that they may even have a slight edge on Marauders in that regard. In PvE I believe they are maybe a tiny bit behind the marauder, however from what I understand, Sunder armor STACKS.

So if you have 5 Juggers sundering a boss, it's armor just keeps getting lower and lower, so they also add a bit of raid dps, however you could argue the same of Marauders b/c they can activate Bloodthirst, a raid waid dps boost for 20 seconds.

And really, who else is going to use that STR based heavy armor? Any raid will want a balanced group, and a SW Juggernaut is going to be part of that. So if the style appeals to you, go for it, they are fun and viable.

I would say Jugg dps is viable, don't expect to beat a Marauder on a PvE parse but we arent the dead weight everyone thinks we are. Im always pulling aggro and ran Eternaty Vault tonight in my Rage PvP build and in the one fight where everyone has to fight a 1v1 mob I had a 74k hp Assassin down way before the next person got theirs. PvP I usually am up their in kills and total dmg and in a 1v1 fight I'm usually the victor. I'm pretty happy with my choice.

In PvP? Certainly, I'd say that they may even have a slight edge on Marauders in that regard. In PvE I believe they are maybe a tiny bit behind the marauder, however from what I understand, Sunder armor STACKS.

So if you have 5 Juggers sundering a boss, it's armor just keeps getting lower and lower, so they also add a bit of raid dps, however you could argue the same of Marauders b/c they can activate Bloodthirst, a raid waid dps boost for 20 seconds.

And really, who else is going to use that STR based heavy armor? Any raid will want a balanced group, and a SW Juggernaut is going to be part of that. So if the style appeals to you, go for it, they are fun and viable.

I'm sorry but you are a joke sir... jugg dps competes with mara dps in pvp? no not even close. in pve however jugg dps is fine. once you apply your sunders and get into a rotation you start getting some hard hits.... in pvp however.... well they are good ball runners

I'm sorry but you are a joke sir... jugg dps competes with mara dps in pvp? no not even close. in pve however jugg dps is fine. once you apply your sunders and get into a rotation you start getting some hard hits.... in pvp however.... well they are good ball runners

Perhaps I should clarify; Rage spec, with the pts into their other dps tree that gives increased smash dmg Juggers can do the highest burst aoe dmg in the game, and that pretty much gets them by in PvP for keeping up numbers wise.

For actually killing things, I would agree, they are not so great. But the numbers are there. Just aren't terribly effective killers.

Perhaps I should clarify; Rage spec, with the pts into their other dps tree that gives increased smash dmg Juggers can do the highest burst aoe dmg in the game, and that pretty much gets them by in PvP for keeping up numbers wise.

For actually killing things, I would agree, they are not so great. But the numbers are there. Just aren't terribly effective killers.

I'm going to diss agree with you about the killing things part. I play a Rage spec Jugg in Pvp and am 95-98% of the time in the top 3 for kills and dmg. Now our talents definitely are in burst AoE but if rotation is right we can easily get the kills. I've gone up against many Marauders and the only thing they have to their advantage is their vanish to get away before killed. Yes they do great dmg but we have some really good utilities to help us turn the fight in our favor too