Reward ideas for starfighter

warsfallenone

I don't really see the point of valor except for restricting gear to certain valor levels. I like the statistics page they have implemented on the PTS better.

I do agree that there should be rewards for the ground game that we get from GSF. Right now all we have to show for our time spent in GSF are legacy titles. It would be nice to get commendations or something that we could use to buy character titles, pets, emotes, gear, etc. That might also give some people more incentive to play once they master their ships.

I think we are getting a reputation soon. Should be enough.

The problem is that any system that caps out like a Rep grind or an upgrade path ultimately does end and MMO players are sort of like trained seals looking for rewards beyond just the activity itself.

For example, how many people still do the Gree Event if they are capped out on Rep and have the rep rewards they want? I daresay most players stop. Ok, maybe some go to finish any achievements. Then what?

Unless there is some kind of massive e-peen ladder thing that happens with the lifetime records, I can see a lot of people not playing GSF much if at all once they max out on ships, achievements, and any rep.

The problem is that any system that caps out like a Rep grind or an upgrade path ultimately does end and MMO players are sort of like trained seals looking for rewards beyond just the activity itself.

For example, how many people still do the Gree Event if they are capped out on Rep and have the rep rewards they want? I daresay most players stop. Ok, maybe some go to finish any achievements. Then what?

Unless there is some kind of massive e-peen ladder thing that happens with the lifetime records, I can see a lot of people not playing GSF much if at all once they max out on ships, achievements, and any rep.

I notice how they did the rakghoul event that's a LOT better then a pure rep grind, as you also have to quest for the tokens.

I notice how they did the rakghoul event that's a LOT better then a pure rep grind, as you also have to quest for the tokens.

That's the same way it is w/ the Gree - even if you're capped on Rep, if you want the weapons/speeder, you still have to grind for the Gray Helix Components. But once people have accumulated all the rewards they are interested in, there's not much reason to keep doing the event, except doing it in place of other dailies.

If they got a new reward system I might play more than 2 or 3 matches a week to finish my weekly when im really bored. But this is bioware, even if they did bring out a reward system it would be boring and easily finished, wouldn't want to compete with the cartel market.

If they give fleet commendations and add fighter clothes, ships,colors, and things to the ship shop in fleet would be great and it would be a simple patch. Everything is already in game they just link and update lists.

Problem is they already GAVE away suits of Imperial & Republic flight suits...

Yes but they will always add more. On a side note I wish they would make a x wing fighter for the game.

Those ships don't exist yet, by a long shot.

I actually wish they'd stop using references/images from the movies so much. You know... flex that creativity muscle.