Defense good for solo leveling?

SniperCT

Or should I stick to one of the DPS Specs? I just generally prefer single-saber for this particular character but me and my wife are splitting our healer/tank combo into soloing most of the time, since our playtimes don't always mesh anymore. Its been awhile since I last played! Edited by SniperCT

Or should I stick to one of the DPS Specs? I just generally prefer single-saber for this particular character but me and my wife are splitting our healer/tank combo into soloing most of the time, since our playtimes don't always mesh anymore. Its been awhile since I last played!

Generally speaking its a little slower than running dps but a little safer. Since the discipline system came out imo Defense is a lot better leveling than it used to be, but honestly its leveling do whatever you want to do if you enjoy the playstyle. All the disciplines are fine for the leveling experience.

Yes it is, and in fact is more so than the other discs. Provided that you HAVE a HEALER comp on standby! Which is a problem for Guard and not so much for Jugg. However if you bought Tweek...

Here is why:

Guards don't really have an AoE spec(Focus will hit a bit harder with their F.Sweep forced crit than you do with your edit: G.Slash and Vigil is mostly trivial because its huge AoE comes live only on lvl 56!) and that is where you come in. Your G.Slash(ability from lvl 26) is actually quite powerful provided you combo it, of course! The added resilience when mixed with such good AoE presence will make most levelling fairly easy. And most of levelling content is AoE fest anyhow, with the rare few instances of CC one -> burst another. That's EXACTLY why you're good.

Just play it and have fun!

Edited by Cuiwe

Defense/immortal is by far the best leveling spec until level 36. The AoE from guardian slash/crushing blow, off the GCD riposte/retaliation, and reduced damage taken from Soresu are much better than anything the other trees have. I'd honestly recommend it for trash dailies at 60 too, if you have a DPS companion geared (both Knight and Warrior have great DPS comps)

Defense/immortal is by far the best leveling spec until level 36. The AoE from guardian slash/crushing blow, off the GCD riposte/retaliation, and reduced damage taken from Soresu are much better than anything the other trees have. I'd honestly recommend it for trash dailies at 60 too, if you have a DPS companion geared (both Knight and Warrior have great DPS comps)

Thanks! My knight is at like level 24. I actually quit playing before the first expansion and my highest level is 47, but my knight was always one of the top 3 I wanted to level. I think I'll go defense, since that suits her the most anyway :D I can always respec!