Which romance is best written?

Halinmonk

Well, as a guy, I recommend Vette. Difference is I ran my SW 100% LS with no DS points whatsoever. Just for a change of pace. Vette's romance is sweet, old fashioned, and with a bit of a kinky side that I was left going :eek::D at. If you DON'T want to see it, don't click the spoiler. ;)

On the Wedding Night, Vette says "Oh, I found my old shock collar, come on" right before the FTB. Reminded me of Allison Hannigan's "And this one time at band camp" line from American Pie.

Indeed, Vette's romance is great. My favorite in the game for male characters :D. I've played every single class in the game except Consular. Those outfits are horrid and I don't like projecting pebbles :3

I had the same reaction as you the first time I saw Vette say that :D. I wish I could re-experience companion convos without leveling a whole new character :(

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched all the romances and done 3/4 of the female romances ( so I'm playing a male )

I think that Vette was the best because it felt natural and I liked how this prince like villain falls for a lowly slave girl.

Most disagree with me on this but I think Nadia has the 2nd best.

You know her through most of the game and I like that it is the only mentor-apprentice romance that doesn't feel like its based only on physical attraction.

And the worst is jaesa because it is only attraction that never feels like it connects to love

And the worst is jaesa because it is only attraction that never feels like it connects to love

in fairness it wasn't supposed to. if you romance her she's dark side and almost certinly so are you. a Sith relationship is going to be just a little messed up, and it kinda shows. it's not your typical romance though no.

I'd say the WORST though was Quinn.

the reasoning for that should be obvious to anyone whose run through the SW storyline on a female warrior and romanced him

Edited by BrianDavion

I enjoyed the smuggler & Rishia romance best. My smuggler who'd experienced a FTB moment on nearly every planet, but

still fell in love with the princess. Instead of her marrying a prince for a crown, she married the scoundrel who wanted to settle down.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Gotta go with Kaliyo.

My Agent's character development started with him being a loyal, professional, unquestioning stooge of the Empire, and ended with him realizing that he has to rely on those he personally trusts instead of the state.

Kaliyo is both the first and last step in that character development.

My favorites were Vector, Quinn and Scourge.

What? I can't romance Scourge you say? Oh wait...that must have just been in my head then...

I thought the Corso romance was fun on my smuggler, and Iresso was surprisingly sweet on my consular. I think that guy deserves a bit more credit than he gets. Andonikos isn't my "type" but he was perfect for my bat-crazy dark side sorceress. Kept her down to earth or else she would have surely flown off into the stratosphere with her power-hungry ego.

Edited by CloudCastle

Best-written?

Of the ones I've played, I'd say Mako. It's kinda funny watching her stave off your advances and pushing her slowly over the edge, even if there are only a few intimate scenes with her. Granted, I haven't played any of the "best" ones. In order, for me, they'd be:

Mako

Kira Carsen

Lieutenant Iresso (surprisingly fun :) )

Jaesa Wilsaam

Andronikos Revel

Raina Temple (nothing really special here)

A yet unwritten one.

From the whole huge cast (40 characters, holy cow!) I found a non-RO the most appealing from the background. I grew up on the tales of the bright-eyed revolutionaries + the way I interpret Jedi commitment, I see Zenith as an unusual option for a more mature non-commitment romance, where each parties' respective calling takes precedent, but sparks do fly.

I haven't gotten far with the only RO I so far managed to secure (Riggs), but I find that the whole affection build-up & the speed of recruitment is somewhat of a flaw. I am told Vector is the hottest thing in the Galaxy and Bio's latest gift to the womanhood, but I can't say I am chomping at the bit for his backstory as per codex. Kaliyo makes me wish there was a same gender option, because she is fun.

If there are new characters to be introduced, my vote goes for a Zabrak (still pining for Bao Dur), Nautlan or Miaralian. A romance with an alien race is a more interesting undertaking, because it opens background talks/lore stuff.

Edited by DomiSotto

I gave Iresso a nickname: "Clear Jello", because he has no flavor. It's not totally his fault, he can be sweet, but you get him so late in the story, and FemConsular is so emotionless most of the time, it's all very *yawn*.

Iresso is kinda like Mical the Disciple from KOTOR 2; there's not a lot to go on in-game, but he's an amazing amount of fun to write fanfic for since he's a built in straight man compared to the Consular's crew.

He's more interesting for what he's not. You know the typical BioWare male love interest? Yes, he's cute. But he's got more issues than a magazine rack, and more luggage than O'Hare airport. You had Anomen and his crazy superiority-inferiority complex. Carth was understandibly and justifiably paranoid (I still suspect Carth was an untrained Force Sensitive, which likely didn't help). Mass Effect? Who didn't have issues? Kaiden was a little broken on the inside due to the training from hell. Garrus was the alien equivilent to a 70's cop movie. Thane's terminally ill. Cortez (one of 2 gay options for M!Shep) is trying to get himself killed. Even Jacob (who seemed to be pretty drama-free) turned out to be commitment-shy. And then there's the swamp that was Dragon Age - Alistair and his interesting heritage with all that entailed. Zevran was raised in a brothel and became an assassin sent to kill you. Fenris was a victim of sexual abuse and disgusting enslavement. Anders...long story.

Felix? No real drama. You're probably better off keeping him out of range of the Dread Masters due to that little souvenir he's stuck carrying for life. Otherwise? He's a perfectly sane guy.

Edited by Allronix

What i find really amusing is that the cutest and nicest thing in the whole game is Ashara's romance with a light side Inquisitor. Sweetest thing in the whole game and, surprisingly, it's for the Imperials. :] Was my fav romance.

Dude above me... where the hell did you get the parts about Fenris being sexually abused?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Word of God from BioWare confirms the sexual abuse, but he's got all the signs in-game - hates being touched (not all of it was the markings), the creepshow that was his ex-Master, the broken way he acts if you are a completely vile monster and send him back to that...thing.

Haven't done all the romances, but enough I feel I can have a favorite.

Torian.

It's just so drama-free. Feels like the most relaxed and naturally-progressing romance in the game. He won't throw himself on your character - yes I'm looking at you Corso and Ashara, you needy, creeping, stalkers. And there is probably a grand total of one line anything close to "this is a bad idea" and is brushed off and forgotten completely five seconds later, which can't be said for any jedi romances or female sith warrior. It's gradual, and isn't just a fling one day and proposal the next, Andronikos and Jaesa.

And while Torian teaches my BH Mando'a, I imagine her trying to instill in him the importance of grammar and complete sentences.

Seriously his structure is more blunt and unfinished then Xalek's.

Anyways one of the reasons re-playing bounty hunter as a female is worth it if you haven't already.

Thank you for this thread. It is hard to judge the 'feel' of the romance from the Codex, so it makes it a touch easier to pick the characters to play with. So far, I can only comments that from 3 characters I have created only one has an RO as a companion. I don't like it when you have to basically play 50-75% of the game without an RO. It would have been Okay, if that was compensated by the ability to flirt often with the scenery characters, but so far the only character that actually had the options to flirt was the one who has the RO along (Smuggler/Riggs). Lol, it's either a flood or a desert.

Thank you for this thread. It is hard to judge the 'feel' of the romance from the Codex, so it makes it a touch easier to pick the characters to play with. So far, I can only comments that from 3 characters I have created only one has an RO as a companion. I don't like it when you have to basically play 50-75% of the game without an RO. It would have been Okay, if that was compensated by the ability to flirt often with the scenery characters, but so far the only character that actually had the options to flirt was the one who has the RO along (Smuggler/Riggs). Lol, it's either a flood or a desert.

Play as an Imperial Agent and you'll have NPCs all over you. Just sayin'.

Seriously, there were many times when playing as my male IA, it seemed like the options were fight your way out, talk your way out, or flirt your way out. I normally went for the latter.

Also, I really liked the BH/Mako option. I wish they'd given the option of a traditional Mando wedding, though. It's only 4 lines long, so they could have done it.

I played Imperial Agent till level 16 so far, through to the 'go to the underground temple' Drumond Kas, and had exactly one flirting option. The Zabrak who recognized the PC on Hutta. It was good, but that was all she was eligible for. I normally do not play cross-gender.

I played Imperial Agent till level 16 so far, through to the 'go to the underground temple' Drumond Kas, and had exactly one flirting option. The Zabrak who recognized the PC on Hutta. It was good, but that was all she was eligible for. I normally do not play cross-gender.

I'd assumed it would be a similar amount of options for male/female agents, but apparently not. By that point I'd had plenty of flirting and a FTB moment or two.

If you don't take it at face value, Ashara + inquisitor is nauseatingly well written. I say nauseatingly, because she seems incredibly naive and the evil inquisitor is more or less manipulating her fragile mind into undying loyalty. What attachment? I don't feel the slightest bit attached to her despite all my "loving words".

The game gives you so little reason to be attached to her, so little genuine affection from the inquisitor's side - it's an incredibly abusive relationship. You say all the right things to her, but the inquisitor is far too cold for it to appear genuine.

• 3 years later...

for me my 3 favs so far are kira vette and mako

question: how can anyone actually like malavai though since the first time I met him ive hated him and my hate for min only grows the more he opens his yap especially when he complains about vette i also hate jorgan and cant wait to tell him to **** himself when my trooper becomes alliance commander