This week's raids, anything but successful

Previously we've killed every boss in normal, all but Soa in 8m hard(very close)/nightmare. We started this week off doing 16man normal, only to find that it is improperly tuned and all the drops are not appropriate for the shift in difficulty. We cleared it anyways, up to the 1v1.

The 1v1 is easy as hell, except for the one high damage mob that is champion rank and is unkillable since he has double the hitpoints of his counterparts of same intended style of mob. I don't know if this is an intended design for 16 man normal but none the less we went ahead and killed him by having the other 15 of us finish our 1v1's and then come over and randomly landing shots on the mob every once and awhile.

Moving on to Soa, we get to third phase every time without fail, but once there we encounter absolutely stupid bug after stupid bug. First up is the buffs not being removed from Soa despite killing all the pylons on the way down. This makes for a lovely ae filled third phase that is just a real treat. And when we make it down with no buffs on Soa what happens? Well we land pylons right on his head and he completely ignores them, eventually enraging and wiping out the raid. He'll usually kneel for the first pylon or two, but after that it's been a no go.

We finally get frustrated and say f it and head on over to nightmare 8 man. We obliterate the first boss, only to find zero tier 3 loot on him. Sweet, thanks for that. We sprint off to the second boss where we miraculously encounter no issues! Thanks for the rakata offhand lightsaber guys, wait what's that, oh ilevel 51 mods in it worse than columni. Well I guess it's the thought that counts.

We trudge on now towards everyone's favorite boss encounter the "ancient pylons puzzle." Where you guessed it, the thing completely bugs out on various stages of the encounter. Most of the time it just quits on the second tumbler. We do all the tricks that are mentioned over in that cluster frell that is the thread going on it. We do all the button presses at the same time, we do them all with the south tumbler going first, we do them all in the shortest possible rotations, and we rotate pressers to minimize the overall duration. We've solved this thing before, and we reproduced the processies to perfection and modified tactics when that failed. This thing is just buggy like every other aspect of this game.

Needless to say, the guild is more or less systematically turning against the game's pve content. It is so buggy that it is hit or miss whether you can make any progress. The lack of combat log makes it impossible to troubleshoot, and if it did all work right it would be obscenely easy.

Let the south pylon lead and complete before the north.

Did, no such luck. We had a counter outside of the two clickers. He would count out "1, 2, 3, Click" to the clickers. The south would click on 3, the north on "Click." All messages and lock in indicators fired in the appropriate sequence. The terminals would just cease to function. We got to the last chevron one go round, but it bugged out on the last turn of the north pylon. T.T

The 1v1 is easy as hell, except for the one high damage mob that is champion rank and is unkillable since he has double the hitpoints of his counterparts of same intended style of mob. I don't know if this is an intended design for 16 man normal but none the less we went ahead and killed him by having the other 15 of us finish our 1v1's and then come over and randomly landing shots on the mob every once and awhile.

we did that in 1st try

you just need to lead your raid better

what i mean is

a smart raid leader would know which player can handle that mob

if you don't have a player who can handle that mob than i suggest you should try 8 man

Edited by psysention

we did that in 1st try

you just need to lead your raid better

what i mean is

a smart raid leader would know which player can handle that mob

if you don't have a player who can handle that mob than i suggest you should try 8 man

Yeah yeah, l2p, gotcha. What class do you have killing that champ? Good to know that mob is intended to be there.

Did, no such luck. We had a counter outside of the two clickers. He would count out "1, 2, 3, Click" to the clickers. The south would click on 3, the north on "Click." All messages and lock in indicators fired in the appropriate sequence. The terminals would just cease to function. We got to the last chevron one go round, but it bugged out on the last turn of the north pylon. T.T

Not the south has to click before the north. Has to solveeach level before the north. Let the south solve completely the 1st ring and be the initiators of the fight. Then the north...etc. You dont need to do any kind of a countdown, even on hard/nightmare the mobs are easy takedowns, so when the south has solved the first ring let the north do it. Once north does first ring have south solve 2nd ring, and so on.

Also I would recommend splitting into 2 8 mans. Alot less buggy.

Edited by Condorius

Not the south has to click before the north. Has to solveeach level before the north. Let the south solve completely the 1st ring and be the initiators of the fight. Then the north...etc. You dont need to do any kind of a countdown, even on hard/nightmare the mobs are easy takedowns, so when the south has solved the first ring let the north do it. Once north does first ring have south solve 2nd ring, and so on.

Also I would recommend splitting into 2 8 mans. Alot less buggy.

We'll give that a try. Also we have no intentions of running 16 man's for now, there's just no point.

Thanks.