Belsavis dailies removed

Master-Nala

Why? You got the Level Sync right (they lowered the NPCs to 46), and the heroics from the bonus series can still be done, why lose the daily area?

On a more global note, there are pages worth of undocumented changes. I'm finding them left and right. Like nerfing Force Speed just to mention one such change.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? You got the Level Sync right (they lowered the NPCs to 46), and the heroics from the bonus series can still be done, why lose the daily area?

Just to clarify:

The NPCs that gave Herioc quests still work, but the NPCs that used to give the daily quests no longer do so?

On a more global note, there are pages worth of undocumented changes. I'm finding them left and right. Like nerfing Force Speed just to mention one such change.

They may have been moved to a central Daily location also.

I'm gonna guess they did it to lower the affection gains from those solo dailies since they provide a lot of free affection for the original companions.

The Heroics are still there because they want you to do those for affection, but the conversations for the solo quests probably gave too much in relation to how quickly you'd gain it solely on heroics.

The original Belsavis dailies, you know the only other daily besides Ilum that has voiced cutscenes and companion affection gains.

Anyone check on Ilum?

Ye, and they were part of Belsavis bonus series.

They were just turned on "repeatable" to serve as dailies.

Edited by Mikahrtwo

Ye, and they were part of Belsavis bonus series.

They were just turned on "repeatable" to serve as dailies.

Yes well.. can't check on the true bonus series only quests because they are once and done. But it's like what 2 or 4 quests that are only once and done, been so long I can't remember. Probably safe to assume the entire bonus series is removed or was made a once and done series without the daily anymore. So the daily was removed, that much we know.

I haven't tried myself yet but remember reading somewhere in the patch notes that non storyline missions would not be viewable by default. Is there an option in our preferences somewhere that might make these solo missions viewable? That could be the issue. Bummer if they have taken them away.

Ilum dailies are gone also! The heroic can still be done, but not the dailies. What's going on? We were never notified of this! Is it a bug?

If the heroics disappeared, I would have thought it a bug, seems intentional. Especially with both Belsavis and Ilum dailies gone, but heroics still there.

I also worried about Belsavis Dailies and had it on the back of my mind.

What happened in Belsavis from day one.

A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far away.

Never mind!

As a stealth class in group,

We were able to sneak passed trash mobs, and pull main NPC then instant stealth once in battle.

The aggro would change over to another person in group, while everyone else is sitting next to the door allowing the main NPC to pass all other NPC's without adding to the NPC aggro. the stealth class would sneak back to group and kill main NPC.

Heroic Lights Out.

Was a Stealth solo quest!

This was just 2 quests in Belsavis on the Imperial side.

All in all Easy Credits great faction and gear for our companions as rewards.

Things changed but not before i was able to gather reward items to pull mods out to gear and max out my companions affection. I guess my lesson learned is to exploit things while I can, before the Devs exploit us!

They removed it because of rewards and the ability to level up our Companions quickly and that would reduce our new time sink grind and get more subscription $. They fixed a lot of these exploits why could they not fixed the quests to a level they would be happy with.

So the simple fact is I will now craft major amounts of gifts to max out my companions and make some cash with the new system and lack of content to level up my companions at end game.

P.S, Give us daily quests to level up our Companions only because you have placed end game for them much further away.

Edited by Darknightosb

Because Belsavis awarded +58 affection for each positive affection gain conversation option.

Bioware is trying to make the Influence grind a huge time sink and Belsavis would have been easy influence.

Influence Directly Increases Companion Power

In a way, Influence kind of functions like "relationship XP" with your Companion. As you build Influence with a Companion, your Influence rank will increase. Every time a Companion's Influence ranks up, that Companion gains a scaling bonus to Presence (which increases Companion damage, healing, and health), as well as bonuses to crew skill time efficiency and critical rate.

For example: when converted into Influence, 10,000 Affection (the cap for the old system) is exactly enough Influence to hit Rank 10, which equates to +500 Presence, +15% Crew Skill Time Efficiency Bonus, and a +5% Crew Skill Critical bonus.

As an additional note: We are changing the way that Presence works such that each point provides percentage based bonuses, instead of flat numerical bonuses. This more or less translates into two things:

Sadly, the Companions of low level characters with massive Presence bonuses from their legacies will no longer be hilariously overpowered (I promise we're just as sad to see this go as you are, it provided some good times).

Presence will scale much better at higher levels.

Companions max out at rank 50 and it takes 250,000 influence to max a companion now. Edited by Falensawino

It's not just the Belsavis and Ilum dailies, but also Alderaan and Voss Bonus Series (probably more, these are just the ones I noticed). Had them before in the mission log, now they are gone and none of the original quest givers or anyone on the two planets grant these missions anymore.

So... what's the reason for that? Problems with the level-sync, since these missions are way above the normal planetary limit and not within a story phase?

If yes, is that a temporary or permanent solution?

Would really be a pity if they were gone forever. I would have liked to replay them in the future, and be it just as non-repeatable ones.

Because Belsavis awarded +50 affection for each positive affection gain conversation option.

Bioware is trying to make the Influence grind a huge time sink and Belsavis would have been easy influence.

Companions max out at rank 50 and it takes 250,000 influence to max a companion now.

Um yea, 300 influence/day/companion would be HUGE

Problems with the level-sync, since these missions are way above the normal planetary limit and not within a story phase?

If yes, is that a temporary or permanent solution?

I would be shocked if this weren't the reason. All these conspiracy theories are pretty humorous to read though.

The simple answer (not saying it was the right decision) is the only way you can enforce a level sync is if all the quests on the planet are approximately the same level, or if you make the bonus series/planetary dailies (Belsavis/Ilum) max level (65) quests. A lot of people saw this being a potential issue and asked about what the solution would be, but never got any reply.

I'd be curious to see what the mob levels in the bonus series areas and daily areas (e.g. killiks on alderaan pub side) are now. If they're closer to the planet level then I think you'd have you answer. For the bonus series specifically, maybe they get rolled into the planet quests at level, but people saying they can't get the quests back, then I'd guess they're gone for good.

Seems like removing them will sort of make whole sections of planets ripe for the question "Why isn't there anything for me to do here?"

Edited by JMagee

I would be shocked if this weren't the reason. All these conspiracy theories are pretty humorous to read though.

The simple answer (not saying it was the right decision) is the only way you can enforce a level sync is if all the quests on the planet are approximately the same level, or if you make the bonus series/planetary dailies (Belsavis/Ilum) max level (65) quests. A lot of people saw this being a potential issue and asked about what the solution would be, but never got any reply.

I'd be curious to see what the mob levels in the bonus series areas and daily areas (e.g. killiks on alderaan pub side) are now. If they're closer to the planet level then I think you'd have you answer. For the bonus series specifically, maybe they get rolled into the planet quests at level, but people saying they can't get the quests back, then I'd guess they're gone for good.

Seems like removing them will sort of make whole sections of planets ripe for the question "Why isn't there anything for me to do here?"

That might apply to other bonus series, but not to Ilum where the planet level is 50 and you should get synced higher than that based on Corellia syncing to level 52, you should sync to 52 on Ilum as well.

Yet they removed the Ilum dailies, and the only rationale for that is companion influence gains.

That might apply to other bonus series, but not to Ilum where the planet level is 50 and you should get synced higher than that based on Corellia syncing to level 52, you should sync to 52 on Ilum as well.

Yet they removed the Ilum dailies, and the only rationale for that is companion influence gains.

You didnt get any influence on Ilum....

Fair point with regard to the Ilum level requirement being universal. Oversight on my part.

I disagree with the only rationale being influence gains. It could very well be the reason, but I don't subscribe to it.

It could be part of their "streamlining" of the story-leveling experience. Belsavis and Ilum were the original dailies and were grinded everyday into the ground way-back-when to get Rakata implants. With the way entry level comms/crystals are given out now, there is considerable less requirement to run them at all. This is not to say that their inclusion was negatively impacting the game in its current state. It wasn't

I don't know the last time that I went to run dailies on Ilum/Belsavis, so I couldn't even say what the rewards were (basic comms, would be by guess) but I wouldn't be surprised if it was underutilized content that they felt when people stumbled across it for the first time wouldn't be "wise" enough to understand and appreciate why it exists.

Those daily missions were a means to an end way back in 1.x, but now they kind of do feel "dated" and "relics of the past" so I could understand why they may feel it necessary to clean up dailies on planets that contain story. But as I stated earlier, their removal is also strange as they weren't hurting anyone.

Edited by JMagee