Why people write that the are leaving ?

sponym

i dont understand people that writes walls of text when they want to leave the game - if I dont like a game - i just dont play it :D and that's it - simple enough - nobody is forcing me to play this is my choice and my only :D - and what are these people expecting ? that somebody will rewrite the game for them ? i dont want to be rude but if you dont like a game just dont play it :) there so no need to write it on the forums - because in my opinion... who cares ? my opinion about the game wont change because people leaves.

Because some people may actually like this game, however due to the large number of problems with it feel they can no longer play the game. Rather than just leave quietly, they have to vent their frustrations on the forums .There may be people who will have the same problems and understand why they are leaving, Devs may read and get a feel as to how the community is feeling regarding certain problems.

The posts made by people leaving are for those that might care. Not for the people who just complain about their posts. You really dont have to read them if they dont interest you :p

Thing is, most of the "OMG IM LEAVING" posts suffer from being "destructive criticism" or else blame the company for things that may not even be their issue.

Honestly, I think the posts usually are people just trying to get attention. When you cancel most MMOs nowadays, it asks you then for feedback on why you are canceling, so posting it on the forums too is at best redundant and at worst as i said, just attention grabbing.

There are multiple answers, all of which are true for different situations or can even be true for the same situation:

1) People have decided to stop playing for whatever reason and want to share those reasons in hope that the game will change according to their feedback

2) People want to vent

3) People hope to find agreement with other people so they hope others will post their agreement

4) People hope to find conflict with other people and hope to argue about it

5) People want attention and are dramatic to get it

Hence the universal best response to said threads are a variation of:

"Can I have your stuff?"

Edited by Alandross

because they are not ready to leave yet, they are hoping to be talked out of it, they are hoping that maybe if they vent their grievances, company will take heed and change things.

generally people who are truly done with the game? they just stop playing. uninstall and move on. only people who still have some sort of hope that maybe just maybe this game will be more like something they wish it was - these people stick around.

There are multiple answers, all of which are true for different situations or can even be true for the same situation:

1) People have decided to stop playing for whatever reason and want to share those reasons in hope that the game will change according to their feedback

2) People want to vent

3) People hope to find agreement with other people so they hope others will post their agreement

4) People hope to find conflict with other people and hope to argue about it

5) People want attention and are dramatic to get it

Hence the universal best response to said threads are a variation of:

"Can I have your stuff?"

Noooo!!! Its "can i haz your stuff?" Plenty of that on Eve forums ;)

I believe those who write "I'm leaving" post care actually about the game and want it to be better even if the express it otherwise. There's no other suitable explanation to why somebody would write a wall of text if they didn't care about subject.

Attention? Facebook is better place for those who whore for attention.

They hate it so much? Probably for some of people this is the case(after free month usually), but this doesn't explain why some people stay for months and suddenly rage and stop caring. Illogical if you ask me.

Some people make "the last stand" post and hope BioWare will see it and do something in the future so they can come back to the better game.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

It is down to the person really. I mean I am a mature person, as a result I have had quite a few years to build up a lot of friends (IRL of course), and the best way I can sum up my view of it is....Divorce.

Over the years two of my friends have separated from their partners and ended up getting divorced, both about a decade apart actually, both very different situations.

First friend.....came home one day from work...thinking he had a normal and happy life...to find his house was empty...completely gutted of all items apart from his clothing and personal effects and his wife and baby daughter were gone...he was of course extremely upset and it was about 3 days later when he finally heard from her...all she said was 'I decided I didn't love you any more so I left'....He was in a bad way for a while but eventually moved on.

Second Friend.......Had been married for 12 years, normal marriage usual ups and downs, they ended up during the last year of their marriage, not getting on well at all, and ended up arguing all the time until eventually one night about 1am they ended up in the mother of all fights, screaming, shouting, furniture flying through windows (literally) etc...they BOTH got arrested and spent a night in the cells (first time either of them had been in trouble with the police, usually nice people), the next week they decided to divorce...so started months of abusive phone calls between them, legal action, court cases etc...it was a mess.

A bit long winded basically but all I am trying to say is that different people react in different ways to the same situation...each to their own really.

Edited by Vigilanis

I don't think it is because they think we care. Maybe some crazy people think that the general community cares when they leave. No. I think it is because they like the game. They want the developers to read it. It's like an exit interview when you quit a company. The company wants to know why you quit.

Look, a lot of people complain about a lot of things. They keep playing though. So they are ignored as just blowing steam. When someone actually up and quits, that is money lost. They want to listen to that person.

So the people quitting are doing us a favor. They are increasing the odds that the problems get fixed.

I plan on doing the same thing when I quit.

they do it for attention and 15 minutes of fame.

every mmo has a exit interview where you have a opportunity to state briefly why. no need to write a book with a list of perceived and real issues of the game. the real problems are known.

after reading so many of such posts i truly believe we are better off with such people. the entertainment value of their reasons are just priceless. while some have expectations which will never be met at any just released mmo most have really few justifiable complaints. a vast majority wants newly released mmos turned into the one they have left. when not done the frustration level rises until they go back and post why. you just cant have 7 years of content at release but too many think it should be there.

They are under the false delusion that they are somehow important to the SWTOR community and that they will actually be missed.

That and they might actually want to vent issues that are the reason for them leaving in the hopes that a developer might see.

i dont understand people that writes walls of text when they want to leave the game - if I dont like a game - i just dont play it :D and that's it - simple enough - nobody is forcing me to play this is my choice and my only :D - and what are these people expecting ? that somebody will rewrite the game for them ? i dont want to be rude but if you dont like a game just dont play it :) there so no need to write it on the forums - because in my opinion... who cares ? my opinion about the game wont change because people leaves.

Because kids shows taught them that they are special. And important. And what they have to say matters. Several generations of kids shows were responsible for this. So now we have several generations of self-important yahoos who think their opinion is important and special. Over. Every. Little. Thing.

Now, since you don't agree with their opinion, that pretty much makes you a traitor to life itself. They can't comprehend in their superiority how anyone could play this game, when it is CLEARLY inferior to the standard set by the newest, shiniest, prettiest game currently out.

And one day, they'll make babies.

I weep for the species.