Is this launched yet ? Cause it feel like it isn't...

kalibri

Cause it seems to be the same beta.

Where's my high res textures ?

Why is the grass growing 30m in front of me while on High settings ?

Why is my female smuggler running funny while having the blaster out ?

Why my tickets are Closed while unresolved ?

Beta ? Seems so. Early beta, even.

Poor job Bioware, very poor job. I don't care about server queues, non-existant customer support, but the game as a whole has an unfinished feel.

Fanboys, if you post telling me I'm crazy, you must be delusional yourselves, so just don't. No amount of love for Bioware (which I always admired) and Star Wars (which I will still love) can change the fact that this game was not ready for launch.

Edited by kalibri

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor job Bioware, very poor job. I don't care about server queues, non-existant customer support, but the game as a whole has an unfinished feel.

Fanboys, if you post telling me I'm crazy, you must be delusional yourselves, so just don't. No amount of love for Bioware (which I always admired) and Star Wars (which I will still love) can change the fact that this game was not ready for launch.

I think they did quite a lot right, wouldn't be here writing this if not. But agree with the OP on the highlighted parts.

More thoughts on my sig.

Edited by Azazzello

I know human beings are built to complain, and we love doing it.

But good lord people, it's been technically released for 7 hours, and you're complaining about the bloody game already. Get off it, if you don't like it don't play it.

Blame the player base for wanting to play it now, now, now.

Blame EA for probably pushing the developers to release it on time, on time, on time. (Even early, in this instance.)

Could the game have been more polished and better done? Probably, but we would be waiting even longer to play it and in the face of the pressure of the masses and the publisher, you have what you have.

On the plus side, this is a MMO and not a console game. Since that is the case, it will be improved with time. I think the developer did very well for the most part, and I'm sure they would have liked to release something more refined.

No, is it for you ? Because you know, this is 2011, not 2004, and most people expect games of a certain quality, and this isn't one of them.

This is an MMO. They are launched half-baked. You have two choises, really.

a) Deal with it.

b) Don't play them at launch (or at all).

If anything, SWTOR is of higher quality than most MMO launches in the last few years. Graphics-wise pretty meh, but it seems they are aiming for a certain art style and not really towards a high-resolution photorealistic look.

Don't know what that has to do with the year. Games have been released just as buggy and unfinished for years now with no change for the better.

While I agree there are aspects of the game that are lacking, calling it early beta is unfair. I can attest, having been in beta for months, that early TOR beta was better than late beta of a lot of other games, and even better than launch of other games. Call a spade a spade, but don't over do it.

While I agree that theres plenty still to be fixed, the game is in decent shape. Much better then most of the other releases I've been a part off. In fact, I feel its more of a finished product then a beta.

While I agree there are aspects of the game that are lacking, calling it early beta is unfair. I can attest, having been in beta for months, that early TOR beta was better than late beta of a lot of other games, and even better than launch of other games. Call a spade a spade, but don't over do it.

It was just irony. While reporting these issues in beta, most "enthusiastic" followers were going "relax, it's just beta, still 6 months till launch", "duh it's beta, 3 weeks till launch", "stop whining, it's a _beta_ 3 days until launch".

Some people live and die by marketing.

There are a few bugs, and a handful of graphical tweaks they have yet to address, but "early beta"? Come on... you're either full of it, or you don't know what you're talking about.

I was in the WoW "early beta", when the level cap was 15 and a Cross Roads raid would routinely crash the server. I was also there for launch, and saw a lot of unaddressed issues go live... this is how the MMO world works: launch now, fix later. Indeed, this is seemingly how the entire video game industry works these days, given the ability of most consumers to patch via always-on internet connections.

It was just irony. While reporting these issues in beta, most "enthusiastic" followers were going "relax, it's just beta, still 6 months till launch", "duh it's beta, 3 weeks till launch", "stop whining, it's a _beta_ 3 days until launch".

Some people live and die by marketing.

I mean let's be honest here, this is not the first time that a SW game has been launched early right before Christmas. In the past it was at the behest of LucasArts; I'm not sure if they have the same pull as they usually do but I would not doubt that the developers would have loved another months to work on it if not for either EA or LA forcing their hand. So especially on that note, when we complain on the forums it's all directed to the developers when in reality they likely are not the guilty party, and the guilty party likely does not read the forums

I love the graphics, although I have a machine that can run the best graphics I fully understand that an MMO cannot do this.

You have to understand there is a huge difference between multi player and single player engines. Not only that, they don't want to alienate players who can't afford the best machines.

Anyway, the graphics are still lovely. The views on Alderaan are amazing.

With your character looking funny, well she's sprinting, who doesn't look strange when sprinting?

Nice to see you expect queues, every MMO has them at release and I think this MMO is the most anticipated MMO ever, so expect larger queues than normal.

Thanks everyone for your opinions.

I have to abandon this topic because of overzealous mods (are they human?) deleting posts left and right.

I think the Flag button just runs a script sending warnings and deleting posts, so abuse away.

Your opinion. My opinion:

The game looks stunning as I run it on max with a high resolution. It's stunningly beautiful with a slightly cartoon-esque feel. This is good. Realism in graphics does not age well. Do you remember AoC when it first came out? If a PC was top notch it was the most stunning MMO at the time in respects to graphics. Now, however, other MMOs that are older than it look better. Realism in graphics does not age well. Regardless of the realistic element, it does not pen for childishness and looks striking and smooth. The animations of abilities, the reflexes of the character and the general motion of movement is smooth, without clips and looks high quality.

The grass I see from far, far away. It's set on max and I not not notice a chop off from 30m away.

My main is a female smuggler scoundrel. You said blaster and not blasters. Can't comment on two but one looks fine. Absolutely fine. As you would run with such a thing. As they run with such a thing in previous games and in the movies.

Lastly I made a ticket and received an answer a few hours later. The issue was resolved and matters were dealt with quickly and efficiently.

For a start I'm not a "fan" of the space opera SW. I'm playing with this my partner who isn't either really. The game is of such high quality it draws people who have little interest in the mammoth pit that is Star Wars.

Edited by Triss

Your opinion. My opinion:

The game looks stunning as I run it on max with a high resolution. It's stunningly beautiful with a slightly cartoon-esque feel. This is good. Realism in graphics does not age well. Do you remember AoC when it first came out? If a PC was top notch it was the most stunning MMO at the time in respects to graphics. Now, however, other MMOs that are older than it look better. Realism in graphics does not age well. Regardless of the realistic element, it does not pen for childishness and looks striking and smooth. The animations of abilities, the reflexes of the character and the general motion of movement is smooth, without clips and looks high quality.

Who said anything about the STYLE ? It happens I LIKE the STYLE. Animations are half-good, half-bad.

The grass I see from far, far away. It's set on max and I not not notice a chop off from 30m away.

You must be playing a different game, cause I can see grass popping out of the ground 30m away from my character, and that's on High graphic settings.

My main is a female smuggler scoundrel. You said blaster and not blasters. Can't comment on two but one looks fine. Absolutely fine. As you would run with such a thing. As they run with such a thing in previous games and in the movies.

Do the following thing: press Z to draw your blaster out, then run forward. Watch closely how arms and legs are de-synchronized, it looks unnatural, unlike when she runs normally with the weapon holstered.

Lastly I made a ticket and received an answer a few hours later. The issue was resolved and matters were dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I don't really know what to say. I must be unlucky then, maybe its because I live and play in Europe, but both my tickets were closed while unresolved.

The rule in support is: "never close a ticket until you have a resolution of some kind". The just said, ah well ok thank you we noted then closed the ticket. Unacceptable and insulting.

I was expecting at least something on the lines of "yeah we know, but we can't solve it right now". I case you're wondering, one of the tickets was about a un-abandonable quest stuck in my quest log, so not a big issues, but an issues nonetheless.

"Don't like it, don't play it."

Dumbest... argument... ever.. Constructive critisism is good. You're actively paying for a product, you give suggestions and expect to see improvements. Stop whining about whiners, if you don't like it, don't bump it.

3 of the 4 of your complaints were about graphics. What is it with you kids? Graphics haven't and never will = game play. You want graphics go play AoC or Aion. You won't have fun but you'll love the 8x AA! Edited by Mythrid

No, is it for you ? Because you know, this is 2011, not 2004, and most people expect games of a certain quality, and this isn't one of them.

then you are living in dream world, there all the same, just look at BF3 as an example, at release buggy as ****, and its still buggy as ****. and yes i know its a first person shooter. every online game that gets release is always buggy, just cos its 2011 and not 2004 makes no difference what so ever.

software developers always release unfinshed, just look at microsoft, every OS ever released is unfinished, buggy full of holes and just the same as the mmos, they get fixed with patches and updates.

so get down of your soap box and ****.