when we will see PVE content in GSF?

Kissakias

I do not think it would be so easy, those ships were not made for pve they were made for pvp, which means that trying to take out npc ships as a bomber as opposed to doing the same on a scout would be two totally different experiences. Plus then it complicates things, where one you only have to worry about pvp balance, with pve then you have to worry about the balance of both which sometimes is conflicts with one and the other which can often create complication and trouble doing proper balance.

Hey Noob this was the PVP part of the Rais elf the Hutt Cartel xc pack noob

Show some maturity.

I would honestly like to see a pve version of it, cause the pvp side is so......boring, but then again all pvp is boring, its so primitive, why people need to compete in a video game, i will never understand...i see no point in it to be honest.

I do not think it would be so easy, those ships were not made for pve they were made for pvp, which means that trying to take out npc ships as a bomber as opposed to doing the same on a scout would be two totally different experiences. Plus then it complicates things, where one you only have to worry about pvp balance, with pve then you have to worry about the balance of both which sometimes is conflicts with one and the other which can often create complication and trouble doing proper balance.

dont think is so complicated as you say since XvT have both at same time and is more than 10 years old

yes this one has different components that each one ofthem do specific job, but to add it as it is in a PVE is sooooooo easy, they just need to add the calc into the ships that the Game that will handle

This is an idea I have had and thought about since it launched and its good to see I'm not only one who would like this. I mean a PvE GSF would be so much better then the current space missions we have and would and can be done and work but whether or not they will want to spend the money and time to do is another thing and the real problem in my eyes.

just take examples from x wing vs tie fighter multiplayer or x wing alliance mutliplayer and put them into the GSF

It's nowhere near as simple as you make it sound. Scripting enemy AI for dog-fighting in three-dimensional space is no simple cut-and-paste job. That alone is probably why the original space mini-game was designed as an on-rails experience with scripted enemy movements, instead.

They would have to hire a whole new team of developers to implement 3D A.I., since that sort of coding is almost certainly outside the expertise of their existing staff of traditional MMO programers.

I doubt this is something we're likely to see outside of another Digital Expansion, if it is ever implemented at all.

Edited by DarthDymond

Show some maturity.

I would honestly like to see a pve version of it, cause the pvp side is so......boring, but then again all pvp is boring, its so primitive, why people need to compete in a video game, i will never understand...i see no point in it to be honest.

Just because "you" find it boring (and probably have no skills at pvp, either) doesn't mean others do. It's fun to put your skills with your class up against other people. Unlike a boss fight in an op, which is the same mechanics everytime, people can think creatively, they can surprise you, they can challenge you. So if you don't like pvp, don't whine about how you think it's "boring" on a pvp thread, just don't post at all. OK?

Just because "you" find it boring (and probably have no skills at pvp, either) doesn't mean others do. It's fun to put your skills with your class up against other people. Unlike a boss fight in an op, which is the same mechanics everytime, people can think creatively, they can surprise you, they can challenge you. So if you don't like pvp, don't whine about how you think it's "boring" on a pvp thread, just don't post at all. OK?

While I agree that PVP offers more dynamic content than PVE content can (and that the person you're replying to is definitely being about as douchey as possible about their own personal preference for PVE by calling PVP "primative"), this really isn't "a PVP thread" - its a Suggestion thread asking for a new type of PVE Content to be added to the game.

Discussing whether the current PVP style of GSF content is entertaining enough is pretty relevant - as long as those posting their opinions on that point don't treat their personal preferences as objective fact.

I'd like to see PvE content for GSf personally ... since I don't do PvP.

Even if the basic of the setup would make fighter vs fighter difficult to do from what I understand of it there should be a way to tweak it for fighter/bomber vs installations and capital ships, something like the base TOR space setup but more MMO PvE vs the current gameboy-like system.