Stealth speed increase talents

Endofwow

I took the stealth speed increase talents and yet people are still faster than me (and by people i mean everyone, not just warriors with the increased speed, etc). With the talents i should be running at full speed in stealth right? or am i missing something.

Thanks

Not quite, the increased stealth speed helps, but it's never intended for you to run at normal speed while stealthed. However with the stealth speed as well as sprint and force speed you can easily get into combat and engage targets without missing out on potential damage dealing time.

Stealth lowers your speed to 85%. So basicly -15%.

Sprint increases your speed by 35%. 85+35= 120%

Even in stealth you're doing fine.

I'm going tank spec, so IDK about speed increase talents, plus I'm too tired to look it up :D

Edited by Bravemonster

Obfuscation talent increases stealth level by 3 and movement speed by 15%. So my math is wrong to assume 15 + 85 = 100% run speed?

It goes off base speed. While stealthed, base speed is 85%.

.85 * .15 = .1275

.85 (or 85%) + .1275 (or 12.75%) = 97%. So yes, you will be slower than other classes while stealthed, if only marginally.

It goes off base speed. While stealthed, base speed is 85%.

.85 * .15 = .1275

.85 (or 85%) + .1275 (or 12.75%) = 97%. So yes, you will be slower than other classes while stealthed, if only marginally.

thanks for the math to support your info. that clears it up. most are not much faster but there is a difference.

The main reason you get this is so you can move around better in combat. Having played an operative in beta for quite a while with the operative version of this talent, i felt very slow and sluggish on my assassin in combat until i got these talents.

Im also pretty sure the talents do not stack with sprint, so sprint in stealth is going to be roughly 115% speed (135% * 0.85)with or with out these talents.

Id also like to add that i, like the OP, originally assumed these talents were simply to negate the stealth speed penalty. stealth making you move at 85%, and a talent that increases stealth levels and movement speed by 15%, just seems like its supposed to 'remove the stealth penalty'.

Im happy its a flat out speed boost though :p