KEITH Please respond.... RIN

Why does GF MM or any mode show tank Role in Need with all flashpoints checked (23/23) and yet when I join as tank or any other role it still says role in need: tank? What is going on there? If the role is filled why doesn't group finder create the group? :confused: Edited by Zerileth

Why does GF MM or any mode show tank Role in Need with all flashpoints checked (23/23) and yet when I join as tank or any other role it still says role in need: tank? What is going on there? If the role is filled why doesn't group finder create the group? :confused:

Not that confusing to understand that other tanks may be in queue before you, and they may be letting the group-start timer run and expire, thus delaying your chance.

Also, if there are more than 1 slot open in a group/finder still needing to be filled, it will wait until all slots will be filled before offering the invitation. Then, see my first point for either of the slots.

Edited by olagatonjedi

Not that confusing to understand that other tanks may be in queue before you, and they may be letting the group-start timer run and expire, thus delaying your chance.

Also, if there are more than 1 slot open in a group/finder still needing to be filled, it will wait until all slots will be filled before offering the invitation. Then, see my first point for either of the slots.

Ok, then what's the point of Role In Need? Seriously, if it's needed the group invite should pop. I'm not talking 1 min here, I'm talking 10 mins or more. If there's tanks ahead of me... then there's no "role in need" for tanks, right? Some other role is required. How long is the timer expire? Not ten minutes....

And to you second point... if there's more than one slot needing to be filled, there should be NO RIN.... or are you guessing tank is default...because I've seen healer too.

Ok, then what's the point of Role In Need? Seriously, if it's needed the group invite should pop. I'm not talking 1 min here, I'm talking 10 mins or more. If there's tanks ahead of me... then there's no "role in need" for tanks, right? Some other role is required. How long is the timer expire? Not ten minutes....

And to you second point... if there's more than one slot needing to be filled, there should be NO RIN.... or are you guessing tank is default...because I've seen healer too.

I've even seen dps in need as well, and it didn't pop when I queued.

IMHO role in need should only be active when there's a group member missing, and as soon as you queue for the RIN it pops, otherwise makes little sense.

This has to do with the Flashpoints you have tagged and maybe some of the above mentioned issues with pop expiring etc. and lastly with "in proggress" ques.

Like the GF has a role in need when the FPS is in progress but if you que without the "que in progress" box checked then you wont get the pop. For me GF pops instantly when i que the role in need everytime.

the only significance of the Role-in-need is to determine who gets the bonus CXP; otherwise, it makes no sense, since you do not get an instance pop, when you queue are the role-in-need.

There is no such thing as multiple groups in queue. Players are queued individually, and are in the queued based on when they queued. of course, players can queue in groups of 2-3 but but they'll still be placed in individual slots. Therefore, if there is a shortage of tanks in the queue, and a tank joins then the tank would automatically be grouped up with the first 2 DPS and healer.

There should be no role in need for Normal FPs, which is why i think its more of a way o even out the number of different roles in the queue by giving players an incentive to queue that role.

I hear what you guys are saying and appreciate the feedback but it still doesn't make sense. I'm queued for all FPs, and match w/ in progress... When I fill the RIN spot it should immediately pop, yet it doesn't. If tons of healers and dps are waiting... there's no reason when the tank spot is filled to delay the FP pop. Again, no offense but I've yet to see a valid explanation for this delay.

If the RIN is filled, it should pop a flashpoint. Ah well. I don't think we'll get clarification. Just seems sad to me.

I've noticed it didn't always update when it should, so if tank was the role in need when you opened the window, it may not be the role in need when you actually queue. Basically, it's buggy.

I agree though, if you queue for everything as the role in need, you should get an instapop.

Edited by LordTurin

Ok so another scenario today: RIN: Healer. I go in as a new healer 23/23 nobody on ignore list... and it immediately switches to tank (RIN)...

K that's BS! Don't tell me if I fill the position GF won't honor the RIN... Bait and switch. C'mon, seriously. And don't say the default is heals or something, and once that was filled it went to the next class that wasn't filled. Baloney. I know dang near nothing about programming, but I know they can make it with a "blank" class as default if other classes aren't RIN. In other words if there's no RIN... show it grayed out. Starting to think being a dev is HS programming education. Try that in any other business field.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated. I don't want this game to go down this path. :(

Well to be honest that bonus reward is not that great to be so frustrated about it :) for me its good to know what the que is missing thats it, don't care about the bonus reward.

The only thing I can imagine is that people might be doing the same, they want to que and see role in need, relog and then the role is swapped to tank from healer cause the 5 tanks in que reloged to heal, I dunno. I dont thing the system is faulty, just that the behavior of people is too sudden maybe.

Well to be honest that bonus reward is not that great to be so frustrated about it :) for me its good to know what the que is missing thats it, don't care about the bonus reward.

The only thing I can imagine is that people might be doing the same, they want to que and see role in need, relog and then the role is swapped to tank from healer cause the 5 tanks in que reloged to heal, I dunno. I dont thing the system is faulty, just that the behavior of people is too sudden maybe.

Oh my fauilt, I guess I wasn't very clear. I don't care about the bonus either. You're right it's poop. I just want the group to pop so I get into the FP. My frustration lies in that the RIN was designed to help us get groups faster. I can't see how it's helping as the information it provides is inaccurate or missing. I mean, we take information from things in life to be able to understand a given situation. If my ATM machine shows it's working then I insert my card. But then it shows it's broken and so I take my card out and now it's working again, that wouldn't work in RL very well. If GF says it needs a healer and I provide a healer, why does it then switch to tank?