server connection problems

--ll--

hey guys, im not sure if this is just me or if others have the same issue. now i want to start and say i have really bad internet but the past 2 weeks or so (perhaps 1 as i know my internet was bad that week and it was effecting other games) but as of right now all other games i play are perfectly fine.

the problem is when i log in, where the connection bar is will either be 1 bar, then go to the red x and log me out after several minutes or it will be on the red x instantly and log me out after several minutes. on the few times it lets me play i have random connection drops, now i know this could be my internet but surely if it was it would affect other games i play with the same regularity that it does with swtor? which it doesn't, so is it just me or do others have this too?

Log onto other Servers, if youre east coast, go on another EC server and see if it's persistent. If the lag is persistent over servers, it's probably you.

Honestly, it's probably you when you said you've had bad internet for weeks. But double-check that it's not server based.

Edited by Xairon

This is true but that does not excuse BioWare lag.

I did lots of research on the lag and fully had my ISP do a diagnostic on my network.

Guess what? Most of my lag is at BioWare end!

My worst lag is 17ms to 21ms, but the first hop at BioWare is 29ms and continues to be 30ms or more.

Per standard practice of ISP if anywhere you add up the numbers and it is over 150ms then you have a bad network!

But add up BioWare and it comes to 151ms starting at the first hop at Bioware!

This is true but that does not excuse BioWare lag.

I did lots of research on the lag and fully had my ISP do a diagnostic on my network.

Guess what? Most of my lag is at BioWare end!

My worst lag is 17ms to 21ms, but the first hop at BioWare is 29ms and continues to be 30ms or more.

Per standard practice of ISP if anywhere you add up the numbers and it is over 150ms then you have a bad network!

But add up BioWare and it comes to 151ms starting at the first hop at Bioware!

Are you playing on a server across the country or what? I'm confused. I got 19ms total lag ever across the game other than weird spikes and disconnections (most of which are on my end because the idiot that set it up actually used a splitter instead of a directional coupler - something I just realized the other day).

There was about a week where I was randomly getting kicked out of the game to the server list screeen, with an error box that said "unable to retrieve server list". I'd have to totally exit the game and restart it to get back on.

Hasn't happened in the last couple of days, thankfully.