Are the waves over for today?

Shimy

The real question you have is whether you'll get in today. The answer is probably no.

Four waves done so far (they say 3, but then they did a 'bonus' wave), and it appears they're only on July 26ish. So, perhaps if you're July 27-29, you have an outside chance of getting in today.

Otherwise, you should check back in a day, or two, or three, etc, depending on when you submitted your pre-order code.

You can probably assume Day 2 isn't going to be much better than Day 1, and maybe it won't be until Day 3 that they start letting in multiple weeks worth of pre-orders.

Edited by revial

In the sticky it was mentioned that BioWare received a staggering amount of pre-orders on the first day it was released, as hundreds of thousands of people had been waiting rather impatiently for it. So the first waves are all going to be for a small time frame. Wave one didn't have any people from halfway through the day of the 21st. So that right there implies just how many pre-orders they received in the first few hours of announcing it. Probaby by the second or third day of inviting we should see waves that have days or weeks worth of pre-ordered players in them. Simply because such a high number of the pre-order codes were redeemed nearly immediatly, the waves will contain the people who entered/purchased their codes first. We must concede to the logic of the numbers...if 80% of all pre-orders were on the first 5 days of if being available, then the first few waves are only going to be inviting people who got their orders in the soonest.

they did state many times, that the sooner your redeem your code the sooner you get in. If lots of you took that as "I won't get in first thing in the morning, but should be in by evening" is a pipe-dream on your part. And besides, this is making you want to play all the more isnt it? The demand has been created, some can play, some cannot, and most are impatient. So they are going to complain. Trust me, every time my smart phone jingles im diving for it praying its a new email from BioWare saying I can go in. I just refuse to let myself feel negative over the situation. Thoughts and emotions are seeds. You plant a mean and angry one and you end up with a mean and angry thought process later on.

And to BioWare, you know full well this doesn't effect your sales AT ALL no matter how much they *****. Someone complaining as hard as some have here today, wont' walk away from the product because they are displeased. They will be there practically vibrating out of their seats waiting for their early game access confirmation email. However, using the down time to complain. I highly doubt a single player who is here right now (which means you were waiting for the game as much as we all were) is going to walk away from their chance to play when it comes around. Threats don't work in mass numbers if we all use a different threat, lol.

Use this time to make sure all your real life needs are met. Do your dishes, wash your cars, walk your dogs, kiss your wives extra (cause they ain't getting nothin' soon as your in, for a few days at least :p lol), and call your friends and tell them you have a horrible flu from some other country and they would be best to not call/see you for a few days :p...y'know, keep some upkeep on your real lives, that way they don't turn south and go downhill while your in the game. Man i wish i could make an android of myself to take care of day to day crap so I have more time....=( ADDICTION!? no!

edit: the 80% value I gave was just an example, I don't know the real percentage of how many of the overall pre-orders happend right away, but logically from the situation, we know it was a LOT.

Edited by BBushy