Vette's quest Memory Torn not updating.

seedypete

No spoilers; the quest seems stuck at the "Travel to Nar Shaddaa" point. Flew there, no updates. Found the person I was supposed to talk to using Google, went to him and talked. Conversation moved along normally and he sent me to Crystal, the next person I'm supposed to meet, but the quest is still sitting at " "Travel to Nar Shaddaa" and it doesn't update to direct me to Crystal.

All quest markers still point me to the Nar Shaddaa spaceport, but once I arrive there nothing else is marked. Any ideas how to fix this, has it happened to anyone else, etc?

Barring that, if nobody knows a fix where do I find Crystal? Might have to do this manually.

I had an issue like this. I left my ship on nar shadda, talked to the people I needed to talk to (won't mention names due to spoilers,) then noticed there was no change in my journal entry.

I then headed back to ship and as I walked up the ramp to the door, the quest updated and said 'talk to X.' Ofcourse when I went back there was no conversation because they were already done. So I thought I was stuck on this quest line.

BUT I fixed it by first doing the above, then reseting the quest (NOT abandoning it, but reseting.) Then I walked up the ramp to the ship door which then updated the quest from 'Go to nar shadaa,' to 'talk to X.' The quest behaved normally then and I completed it.

I had an issue like this. I left my ship on nar shadda, talked to the people I needed to talk to (won't mention names due to spoilers,) then noticed there was no change in my journal entry.

I then headed back to ship and as I walked up the ramp to the door, the quest updated and said 'talk to X.' Ofcourse when I went back there was no conversation because they were already done. So I thought I was stuck on this quest line.

BUT I fixed it by first doing the above, then reseting the quest (NOT abandoning it, but reseting.) Then I walked up the ramp to the ship door which then updated the quest from 'Go to nar shadaa,' to 'talk to X.' The quest behaved normally then and I completed it.

A combination of those two things eventually fixed it. Thanks for the help, folks!

Although honestly the quest resolution was kind of anti-climatic.

• 1 month later...

The key to this is the ramp of your ship. I had a different companion out when I arrived. All I had to do was get vette out and go back to my ship, when I hit the ramp as if I were going on board, the quest updated. Thanks for the tips though guys.

SJRACER

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i finished the quest, but the quest still there so i abandoned it to restar and i can't start it again. some help?

Same here. Any resolution to this yet? Submitted bug reports, but would like to move along with the story here...as it's really the only thing keeping me around at the moment, lol.

Edited by Rhazyk

• 7 years later...
The key to this is the ramp of your ship. I had a different companion out when I arrived. All I had to do was get vette out and go back to my ship, when I hit the ramp as if I were going on board, the quest updated. Thanks for the tips though guys.

SJRACER

This fixed it for me have Vette out run up your ships ramp then down quest should update. Confirmed 21OCT2019