Technical Question regarding PC build, CPU, and impact on APM...

MurkyDregs

Okay...

I strongly suspect I have a PC bottleneck...

i7-3770k cpu. I have 16gig ram. (I need to investigate latency timings...may be at default)

1070i gpu

Anyhow, no matter what I do, I'm at an APM wall with DF/Viru...meaning 38.

I've tried various builds...High Mastery/Crit/Low alac

High crit/High alac

etc...

And no matter what it's as if I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul and I end up parsing the same #'s meaning 8.9k-9.3k.

I run the game on low settings...and it gets laggy even in 8 man ops at times...16man just kills my machine...like 14fps...

Anyone else can confirm or add other things to consider that may be impacting my systems response time? Anti-virus, etc..?

Parse: http://parsely.io/parser/view/319726/0

Edited by MurkyDregs

Looking at your parse I noticed a few things,

Your rotation looks very good, so I don't think it has anything to do with rotation. ( :cool: )

A few things could be impacting your apm. First, it could be latency, especially with the server changes last Tuesday. If you aren't east coast you could be experiencing latency that is causing this, especially if you are from Hawaii, APAC etc. Another thing could be your settings. I'm not super technical, but you should experiment with low graphics (including turning off bloom, this helps a lot), turning off friendly nameplates, and hiding flytext. I personally run in pretty high graphics with bloom turned on but grass/shadows turned off in 8 man because it looks nice and I can run at 40-60 fps in fights. In 16 man I turn all graphics down and hide nameplates. The last thing could be just general slow reaction time. Try to make sure you are using abilities immediately as the channel or global cooldown ends. Based off the replay of your parse it looked like you were doing this well already, but might be worth double checking.

That's all I got, but hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

first NO WIFI or wireless devices

then no shared connections with others watching movies or downloading

then check to see if your other components are recommended/tested by mother board

I Spent about $100 us more on an asus system 3 years ago with entry level high end stuff that was tested together and it runs gorgeous even today. The SSD really makes a difference for loading in times.

buying stuff over time is a BIG gamble.

When you say High & Low Alac, what values are you pushing to? There are tiers at ~700 & 1860 alac where up to the breakpoint you won't be getting the benefit of the reduced GCD for instant cast abilities (which if I remember right, DF has a few).

That might be a partial influence.

• 4 weeks later...