Sorc Bubble

crrypto

Doesn't this seem like it could use a little fine tuning? From what I hear, it absorbs up to 10k damage with 0% getting through. Whenever I see a sorc pop this barrier, even w/ 100 health, it means to immediately shift targets and pretty much makes them invulnerable for 10 seconds. Is this truly how it works? Is this truly working as intended?

Can you stop showing off your autism at forums?

Sorc "buble" is not "sorc" buble. Its team buff. Its designed so that it would be easelly spammable at whole team at all times. So you complain that squishiest class in game benefits from shield buble while Juggernaut or BH benefit from it the same way.

If sorc in your team does not cast the shield on you, complain to him and not to Bioware. Really, you people make me sick.

Also 10k damage.. ...

Edited by KorwinOfAmber

Can you stop showing off your autism at forums?

Sorc "buble" is not "sorc" buble. Its team buff. Its designed so that it would be easelly spammable at whole team at all times. So you complain that squishiest class in game benefits from shield buble while Juggernaut or BH benefit from it the same way.

If sorc in your team does not cast the shield on you, complain to him and not to Bioware. Really, you people make me sick.

Somebody's touchy about their FOTM reroll.

Somebody's touchy about their FOTM reroll.

Care to argue my point?

Whats next? You going to complain about healers heal, since they die to hard? Too bad both shield and healing were added (along as healer classes at all) there primary to protect YOU in pvp and pve, but seems people like you fail to realize you.

Edited by KorwinOfAmber

Doesn't this seem like it could use a little fine tuning? From what I hear, it absorbs up to 10k damage with 0% getting through. Whenever I see a sorc pop this barrier, even w/ 100 health, it means to immediately shift targets and pretty much makes them invulnerable for 10 seconds. Is this truly how it works? Is this truly working as intended?

Playing a sorcerer and I can't confirm this. 10k seems too high for my taste because the bubble lasts like 5 seconds or so ( felt). Then again this might be also when receiving dmg from stim buffed pvp monsters.

Its not a weak skill or so, but some people (that may be my subjective pov) seem to make more out of it as it really is. In combination with guard its a ****** skill, if you are alone fighting an enemy 1v1 you will see yourself having a hard time even with the bubble

Playing a sorcerer and I can't confirm this. 10k seems too high for my taste because the bubble lasts like 5 seconds or so ( felt). Then again this might be also when receiving dmg from stim buffed pvp monsters.

Its not a weak skill or so, but some people (that may be my subjective pov) seem to make more out of it as it really is. In combination with guard its a ****** skill, if you are alone fighting an enemy 1v1 you will see yourself having a hard time even with the bubble

Its 3k damage with points in Lightning. 2500 without.

wow....

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list

"Static Barrier is our shielding ability. It will shield for 3.27 *healing bonus + (0.164 * 7085). If you are curious where I got the formula, consult this thread here. With a 464 healing bonus, static barrier would shield for ~ 2.7k. It has a 20 second cooldown per target, which is reduced to 17 seconds by the PVP healer set bonus (2)."

Care to argue my point?

Whats next? You going to complain about healers heal, since they die to hard? Too bad both shield and healing were added (along as healer classes at all) there primary to protect YOU in pvp and pve, but seems people like you fail to realize you.

Regardless of the amount protected, as I've read anywhere from 4k - 9k, the fact this can just be repeatably spammed to shield an entire pvp team seems a bit much. I don't play a caster but I think you get a debuff of some kind so you can't just repeatedly heal the same target over and over again in rapid succession.

I'll give credit as far as that if our own casters don't use it on our team, shame on them.

Still doesn't change the fact that you play a class that is definitely FOTM, haha.

Try playing a Guardian or Jugg. May be too hard for you.

Regardless of the amount protected, as I've read anywhere from 4k - 9k, the fact this can just be repeatably spammed to shield an entire pvp team seems a bit much. I don't play a caster but I think you get a debuff of some kind so you can't just repeatedly heal the same target over and over again in rapid succession.

I'll give credit as far as that if our own casters don't use it on our team, shame on them.

Still doesn't change the fact that you play a class that is definitely FOTM, haha.

The amount is nowhere near 9k, people are simply exaggerating because they're frustrated that it feels like they're not doing any damage to a player in a bubble.

There is a 30 second debuff that is put on anyone affected by the bubble. If you're unable to do enough damage to break the shield in 30 seconds, maybe a Guardian or Juggernaut is too hard for you.

The amount is nowhere near 9k, people are simply exaggerating because they're frustrated that it feels like they're not doing any damage to a player in a bubble.

There is a 30 second debuff that is put on anyone affected by the bubble. If you're unable to do enough damage to break the shield in 30 seconds, maybe a Guardian or Juggernaut is too hard for you.

/applause

Also makes them CC immune while under a bubble if that CC does damage to apply its effect

needs to be toned down

Except sorcs have this stuff called CC, which they can chain over and over while still dishing out Damage and healing themselfs

Edited by Darthneubauer

Also makes them CC immune while under a bubble if that CC does damage to apply its effect

needs to be toned down

Except sorcs have this stuff called CC, which they can chain over and over while still dishing out Damage and healing themselfs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

If you believe that, then I have some coastal property in Idaho for sale.

I got 4 classes - Sorc, Powertech, Sniper AND Juggernaut.

Of them all BH is the most OP easymode , Sniper is great for damage, Sorc is most fun and hardest to play. Juggernaut was hard to play at beginning, but he scales extremely well at high levels - same cant be said about Sorc.

The shield can be recast if specced very fast, but same target has a 12 seconds shield debuff where the shield cant be recast. There is no debuff for healing you mentioned.

I hardly understand why people whine about Sorc shield, as its one of the weakest bubles in game - its only advantage is its fast recast time, but thats intended for use on team mates in PvP and PvE.

Btw, sorcs not casting shield on team mates are just noobs. Let alone it helps your team mates a lot, it also gives you lot of protection medals. If you play healer sorc, you try to keep it on everyone at all times. If damage, it has longer cooldown and substantial mana cost, but still a MUST CAST whenever you see situation where someone from your team is engaged in combat. Considering its intacast and protects for 2.5-3k damage - its best "heal" to save someone in emergency situation.

On higher levels and gear, sorc substantially looses in damage and survivability to other classes, so its main use stays utility and mobility.

needs to be toned down

Which CC effect requires damage to apply its effect? I'm able to stun people with electrocute while they are bubbled, and it causes damage upon hit. I've also been affected by every CC imaginable while bubbled. It's possible this is a bug, but I've never personally seen it happen to myself or opponents while under the effect of a bubble.

Sorcerer CC is a bit more limited than you seem to be implying. They have electrocute (1 minute cooldown 4 second stun), Whirlwind (1 minute cooldown 8 second CC with a 2 second stun on break if talented), and Creeping Terror (2 second root on cast; 31 point madness talent).

With the way resolve works, the absolute most CC I have been able to do against a single person is to open with the stun, which buys me four seconds, and then whirlwind for another eight seconds (assuming I am doing no damage to them, as ww breaks on damage). This is assuming that the opponent does not use their stun break to get out of the WW.

By this point their resolve bar is full and I can no longer CC them outside of Creeping Terror every 12 seconds (I think?).

At the most I can CC them for 14 seconds, and only do damage for 6 of those seconds if I want the CC to last that long. This is still not enough time for me to cast a new bubble on myself if they have managed to break mine.

Okay, Korwin seems to have some teenage angst and down syndrome, but whatever.

My whole point is that this is third class that should never die. A good operative or assassin should never die. You should always vanish and get away. A good sorc, should never die, you should just shield and force charge off. It's just interesting that this is the third class that should never, ever, ever die if the player is competent.

Now I am curious though...

What if the sorc/sage has max pvp gear reducing 10% of the damage. Is that damage mitigated on the bubble as well? Or does the bubble receive full dmg before the mitigation?

If the damage is mitigated first from the gear then I'd say 4k-5k dmg absorbed from shield is about right.

But really I don't know, perhaps someone could clarify.

Edited by Aricus

The amount is nowhere near 9k

How much is the number? You seem to think it's not 9k but then don't provide an amount. Cause even when I ask sorcs, they say 9.5k. No one seems to know the real number then or everyone, including all the sorcs but you, lying?

Edited by crrypto

How much is the number? You seem to think it's not 9k but then don't provide an amount. Cause even when I ask sorcs, they say 9.5k. No one seems to know the real number then or everyone, including all the sorcs but you, lying?

You should always read the whole post not the last argument. It was already named in here... around 3k

You should always read the whole post not the last argument. It was already named in here... around 3k

Ty sir may I have another. :\

This is odd, because I know I have hit a sorc with three tracer missiles and HSM which is over 5k non-crit and it was all absorbed. But I will burn through a bubble next WZ and check it out...

Edited by crrypto

Okay, Korwin seems to have some teenage angst and down syndrome, but whatever.

My whole point is that this is third class that should never die. A good operative or assassin should never die. You should always vanish and get away. A good sorc, should never die, you should just shield and force charge off. It's just interesting that this is the third class that should never, ever, ever die if the player is competent.

Amusing. Too bad in any normal coordinated situations, OP, Sins and Sorcs are the first to die and easiest to kill. Shield and charge off? Stun. Root. Slow. Saber trow. Charge. Pull. Any decent player just anticipates the moment the Sorc would try to get away - its best way to kill him. Currently there absolutely nothing sorc can do if he is CCed when charging away, and than rooted/slowed after breaking the stun.

And as always, you forget to mention that shield is not exclusive for Sorcs - it can be applied to anyone. My favorite is shielded and guarded sniper.

If you think shield is such a great problem - buff our HP by ammount it deflects (since we have the lowest hp and armor in game) and make it not appliable on our self (its still vital for PvE and healer sorc in pvp to protect team mates though). Even IF you consider shield protection as additional HP - sorc still have least HP with shield than most other classes heh.

Edited by KorwinOfAmber

wow....

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list

"Static Barrier is our shielding ability. It will shield for 3.27 *healing bonus + (0.164 * 7085). If you are curious where I got the formula, consult this thread here. With a 464 healing bonus, static barrier would shield for ~ 2.7k. It has a 20 second cooldown per target, which is reduced to 17 seconds by the PVP healer set bonus (2)."

I love people that want to run off at the gums in a thread before reading anything but the title and 1 or 2 lines of a post....

If this were EJ you'd get the banhammer.