Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

One thing I didn't see on the FAQ:

How long will the free transfers be available from origin to destination servers?

Forever?

Just until the destination server reaches its population goal?

Until patch X.x?

Some other time that cannot be determined by non-clairvoyant mortals?

Go read where it says: My account > Character Transfers > and it should say there.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this and every other thing BW has improved since December, just goes to show that if Bioware offered unlimited IRL money, free cars, and platinum chains to everyone that people would complain that they nerfed life with all the money cause everyone can have it, the cars weren't washed enough before delivery, and the chains weren't shiny enough to wear. smh :rolleyes:

i havent complained at all, ive been patient, but this is the last straw. im complaining because ive been playing on a dead server for months now and im sick of it. and im sick of paying bioware to ignore me... think ill just quit paying them all together.

Only 1 server to TRE and 1 to TOFN? 1 origin is not gonna be enough them up, come on...

I knew the first batch of origin servers would be limited but 2!!!! (excluding French and German) SERIOUSLY???? Not THAT limited!!!

If they are worried about the higher pops filling up, move loads of low pops to another low pop.

EDIT: Yay, they added more. I made a test char and moved it to Red eclipse and it works fast and perfectly. Now just plz make Sith'ari an origin ASAP.

EDIT 2: Or not. They just RP servers they added. Still sucks. For now.

Edited by DarthZaul

So will other servers be announced throughout the week or every week or like are they waiting to see how those listed today will preform?

I didn't see any announcements on like what the timeline is going to be.

Really?!?!!?!?!!

Keller's Void --> Jedi Covenant

Hedarr Soongh --> The Fatman

JC and TF are the most dense servers in NA.

WHY THE HECK transfer people there.

Why not save other servers like Shadow Hand?

Because the servers that are transferring to JC and TF are completely dead, so they deserve a thriving community.

I have a lot of respect for BW starting the process gradually, with a small number of servers. This way, they can quickly address any issues, give people individual attention, and make it easier and smoother for the next wave - that is, for the majority of players involved.

This is a good practice, both in community support and in software development.

Why cant people read?

It does say more servers will be added to the list as they work out the current 4 servers.

I guess people can't wait?

hmm.

No we can't, I haven't played in 3 months because of this issue, the wait should be over.

Like this and every other thing BW has improved since December, just goes to show that if Bioware offered unlimited IRL money, free cars, and platinum chains to everyone that people would complain that they nerfed life with all the money cause everyone can have it, the cars weren't washed enough before delivery, and the chains weren't shiny enough to wear. smh :rolleyes:

i havent complained at all, ive been patient, but this is the last straw. im complaining because ive been playing on a dead server for months now and im sick of it. and im sick of paying bioware to ignore me... think ill just quit paying them all together.

Because the servers that are transferring to JC and TF are completely dead, so they deserve a thriving community.

They don't need to be transfered to JC and TF. They need to be transfered to servers that can be saved.

Are we ALL going to end up on JC and TF in NA?

Just shut it down. I'm sick of this biofail.....

Edited by Urael

but, but but! just wait another indefinite amount of time! ok? thanks!

oh, and don't forget to keep your sub active while you wait on your dead server! have a nice day, thanks for your feedback!

Everyone freaking out that your server isn't on the list needs to chill out. They will very quickly be adding servers to the list. They already stated they need to watch for overload issues etc. I know everyone wanted to move today, but this is actually a much better way to do it. If they just bombed transfers to each server, you'd have log in issues, crashing issues etc. Think about people leaving a burning building, if everyone tries to bolt for the door, it gets jammed up and everyone dies. If you just leave calmly, things work out great. It will be a matter of a day or two before most transfers are done. If your still playing this game then surely you can wait that long to once again enjoy having people to play with and a sense of community.

My math. There is in fleet on most light servers 40 people (high estimate) for about 8 hours. Figure about 320 people is my estimate and another 320 for the rest for the day. That is about 1280 people a server. That is about 153,600 active players on the minor servers.

I think this game has about 500,000 players.

Your talking about roughly 5,000 people who could move.

The fundamental problem people like me see is abandoned characters are not contributing to the other server unless you can unify under a single legacy. Those of us who moved when we started having issues simply queuing for warzones are not inclined to go to some other new server and start over again those character(s) and legacy lines. For me I surrendered to population issues at 1.2.

If they don't get this moving they run the risk of not populating the servers. People are going to look at the options before moving and with this sort of schedule how do you expect them to see more people? They will check the boards, maybe make an alt, then might move.

Way to slow to be successful in my opinion.

How are you guys interpreting this as a let down? I was surprised not to hear more from BW about the xfers earlier this week, and yes the lack of knowledge was annoying. But these guys are doing exactly what they said. transfers START today. All you nerd rage-aholics were complaining 45 minutes after they rolled this out.

Need I remind you that this is a MASSIVE multi-player online game? despite popular belief there are more than 45 people playing this game. BW has to move hundreds of thousands of accounts and if they did it all at once you would still be waiting forever, it would just be a bigger shiz show than it already is. so cool your jets and give it a day or two.

I am so tired of the forum people not having a mode between satisfied and on the brink of murder/suicide. Can't you be mildly annoyed, or somewhat dissapointed without declaring the end of the goddam world?

Really?!?!!?!?!!

Keller's Void --> Jedi Covenant

Hedarr Soongh --> The Fatman

JC and TF are the most dense servers in NA.

WHY THE HECK transfer people there.

Why not save other servers like Shadow Hand?

It gives me the sense like they are REALLY going to be consolidating servers down. Like, possibly 10-fold.

As another east coast PvP wasteland, I welcome the opportunity to (hopefully) go to Fatman too. I don't want to go to some other half-*** population server.

They don't need to be transfered to JC and TF. They need to be transfered to servers that can be saved.

Are we ALL going to end up on JC and TF in NA?

Just shut it down. I'm sick of this biofail.....

The people on those dead servers ARE being saved, they're probably going from nothing to a thriving community.

YES, if your server avg. pop. is low enough, then you might be sent to JC or TF where you can enjoy the game with other people for once. Remember, Bioware is trying to make bigger pops across the board, so I expect to see the same destination servers come up often (until they reach the capacity that Bioware wants).

today , 03:20 pm | #95

report post quote

how are you guys interpreting this as a let down? I was surprised not to hear more from bw about the xfers earlier this week, and yes the lack of knowledge was annoying. But these guys are doing exactly what they said. Transfers start today. All you nerd rage-aholics were complaining 45 minutes after they rolled this out.

Need i remind you that this is a massive multi-player online game? Despite popular belief there are more than 45 people playing this game. Bw has to move hundreds of thousands of accounts and if they did it all at once you would still be waiting forever, it would just be a bigger shiz show than it already is. So cool your jets and give it a day or two.

I am so tired of the forum people not having a mode between satisfied and on the brink of murder/suicide. Can't you be mildly annoyed, or somewhat dissapointed without declaring the end of the goddam world?

sounds legit

The people on those dead servers ARE being saved, they're probably going from nothing to a thriving community.

YES, if your server avg. pop. is low enough, then you might be sent to JC or TF where you can enjoy the game with other people for once. Remember, Bioware is trying to make bigger pops across the board, so I expect to see the same destination servers come up often (until they reach the capacity that Bioware wants).

IS this game that dead that we are going to become like WAR?

Are we really going down to one or two of each type of server in NA?

Is this game THAT dead? EA the MMO killer. :mad:

IS this game that dead that we are going to become like WAR?

Are we really going down to one or two of each type of server in NA?

Is this game THAT dead? EA the MMO killer. :mad:

I'm done with this conversation. Keep trolling somewhere else.

Look, before we all go COMPLETELY crazy ...

I'm sure that the low number of servers just means that they are worried about how this will work and possible mistakes.

The FIRST BATCH of people are therefore "guinnea pigs" or "sacrificial lambs"

I am absolutely positive that once it works (bug free) they'll open it up

Actually they worked out the bugs very well on character transfers to the PTS already. I think their concern is more, once you que a character for transfer it cant be played and if they open 60 servers up that might make that wait 3 days, so do you wanna play you character for 3 days and see if your server shows up OR better yet you end up a destionation server OR have your character in limbo for 3 days?

I prefer knowing that doing it this way will reduce the time I cant play my characters then I can wait, I am still hoping my server becomes a destination for 1-2 others.

From numbers ive seen online it appears they have choesen the lowest 4 pop servers to transfer to the highest 4 pop servers. You think your server is bad, imagine if you were on one of those servers, a friend of mine quit because his server (listed in this initial phase) had 11 people on Imperial fleet in primetime last month and PvP ques werent popping for days. So if your not on the initial list your likely on a server with a better situation. I highly doubt they just randomly picked servers, but rather they picked the servers with the most frustrated populations for players who were dedicated enough to still be playing now.