Titles

Bhigtimm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that I have significantly less titles available compared to beta as well. My assumption is that they were testing the system (beta?) and gave everyone many titles to make sure they all worked properly and now that we're live, the titles are (rightfully) more rare and milestone achievements. I kind of felt like they were too easy to obtain in beta anyway. I'm personally glad they're not just 'gimmes' anymore.

Okay at present the following titles seem to be either bugged or removed:

Imperial Scholar

Sinister

Vicious

Loathsome

Conqueror of Balmorra

Shadow Hunter

Primeval Explorer

Champion of House Thul

Scorcher of Worlds

Venomous

Jailbreaker

If someone has obtained any of these titles please let us know when/how?

I want more titles for my BH. I'm playing a "good" BH and all the titles are the merciless, the big douchbag, the hired gun, the revenite, etc. BORING. And I didn't get ANY titles from Balmorra. I check once in a while for new titles and was very disappointed.

I'm playing a Light inclined Bounty hunter too (I wouldn't call her 'good' or 'nice' by any stretch) and I'd like some more titles but I confess I'm not sure what would be appropriate. 'The Unexpectedly Merciful'? 'The Really Quite Reasonable'? 'The Misunderstood'? 'The Merciless But Only If You're A Complete Douche And Happen To Have A Price On Your Head'?

<shrugs>

don't kill the captain in black talon and get the stalwart, should serve you until you can snag a lightside title

But i didn't want to kill him! My group was all EVIL!!! I was just stuck on that damn ship. I just wanted to go to Dromund Kaas, not go on some killing spree. :(

Edited by Gasaraki-

But i didn't want to kill him! My group was all EVIL!!! I was just stuck on that damn ship. I just wanted to go to Dromund Kaas, not go on some killing spree. :(

You're playing empire, meaning 90% of the players are darkside.

Just like how if you're playing Republic, 90% of the time everyone will want to save the engineers rather than jettison them

Personally I'm not convinced they really have removed all the titles. It doesn't make sense to remove the planet titles, they gave you a real sense of accomplishment and a reward for all your hard work. You conquered an entire planet, that deserves a fancy title. Plus, the codex still says there's a title to be gained on nearly every planet.

I think they just removed some of the more random minor titles, and the rest got bugged. But the overworked and overwhelmed CS staff just sees "missing title" in the bug report, assumes it's one of the ones they removed, and gives you the stock response so they can get to the next 500 tickets.

Okay at present the following titles seem to be either bugged or removed:

Imperial Scholar

Sinister

Vicious

Loathsome

Conqueror of Balmorra

Shadow Hunter

Primeval Explorer

Champion of House Thul

Scorcher of Worlds

Venomous

Jailbreaker

If someone has obtained any of these titles please let us know when/how?

Yeah. The loss of some of those titles left me a little heart broken. In fact, in beta, I had JUST earned Primeval Explorer the day before they took those titles out. The only titles I had left were Skirmisher, Revanite, and Apprentice, none of which I ever cared for.

When I saw they weren't reimplemented for launch, I was upset and confused. Happy to be playing, but longing for the titles of old.

And in the case of Conqueror of Balmorra and Primeval Explorer, a LOT of time and effort went into them.

I hope they bring them back. I can't even see why they took them out.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

Either they are still in teh game and bugged, or someone forgot to update the codex. Because if you look under "Planets" and expand the list of codex entries found, almost every planet so far (seems to be all except the starter planet for other classes than your own) list a potential title codex entry.

I'm inclined to believe that they attempted to remove maybe some of the force alignment and maybe social titles, and ended up borking the entire system.

Well I keep hearing that some of the titles were removed in the beta and I am thinking considering the sorry state of the codex as a whole that it was low on the list to fix and so they just left it broken when the game launched.

I know its not game breaking but for a completionist like myself the codex is extremely frustrating. I don't like having to look at a third party site to tell what I can find and what I can't because its broken, mostly because you end up finding out where the unbroken stuff is and it takes some of the fun out.

I would like a developer to comment on this.

This is just silly if they did remove them, and they must ahve since I've completed a lot of the tasks to earn most of the titles up to Alderaan.

So far I see everybody with the same small handful of titles which in my opinion just lessens the impact of even having one, and now I know its because for an inane reason the develoeprs decided to take all of them out, or are bugged.

It's not like they have to "add content" for this fix, like say "neutral" gear options. It's already there, it should be a line of code that someone can add in 5 minutes of time.