Class with the best and worst companions?

Jakeswed

Whats everyones opinion on this?

Can't say I've played with every single class to 50 and tested everyone out. But looking over every class and playing some to higher levels I think I've got a good overlook.

In my opinion the class with the best companions is the smuggler.

As a smuggler you get a wookie, a ****** mandalorian chick, a pirate princess and Guss Tuno, the most hilarious companion in pretty much any game I've played. Corso Riggs is lame but every single one after him is awesome.

Close after is the sith inquistor.

As for worst companions in the game its a split between agent and jedi consular. They seem to be getting a bunch of bland and boring companions. Putting me off for playing them.

Whats everyones opinion on this?

Can't say I've played with every single class to 50 and tested everyone out. But looking over every class and playing some to higher levels I think I've got a good overlook.

In my opinion the class with the best companions is the smuggler.

As a smuggler you get a wookie, a ****** mandalorian chick, a pirate princess and Guss Tuno, the most hilarious companion in pretty much any game I've played. Corso Riggs is lame but every single one after him is awesome.

Close after is the sith inquistor.

As for worst companions in the game its a split between agent and jedi consular. They seem to be getting a bunch of bland and boring companions. Putting me off for playing them.

Can't agree. IA has awesome companions, bland and boring? No way, 3/5 are simply insane in one way or another (well, scorpio is somewhere beyond insane), Ensign Temple (your trainee) is pretty much just a cute girl that you teach stuff, quite fun, nothing special, the 5th companion is part of the kilik hive mind... so... no, they definetly are not boring (well, Vector actually is boring - still a freak though and srsly THE weiredest romance of all time in a videogame... you could probably still do worse in RL) ;)

SI is quite funny with Khem, Andronikus (though I'm not a fan) and Talos (genius VA), Xelek is the most boring companion ever, Ashara brings an interesting perspective of a Jedi joinig the empire.

SW has my alltime fav. companion - Vette. She is just awesome. The rest... ah well, you got a srsly boring Captain with Quinn, a typical brute soldier and a maniac Talz with serious issues... and Jaesa of course who is either the 2nd biggest psycho in the game (nr. 1 is still scorpio) or... well... a jedi.

Can't say much about BH, mako is funny, Blizz is really funny by nature, rest idk.

For the worst comp though - JK, except Kira these are just incredibly boring, I don't get how someone can roll a male JK, play LS and not fall asleep after every dialogue or feel an urge to strangle a hamster or burn some puppies.

Can't say much about the Reps. though but I found the VA/classes(stories) pretty lame compared to Empire and the companions just too... "typical" - like "you're the hero - here are your heroic companions who agree with every heroic thing you do you heroic hero you" whereas the Empire is more like... well, 1 comp. wants to eat my char, one wants to kill him and become a master himself, another one would love to but can't kill me because it has a restraining bolt, another one actually tried to kill me... actually three tried to kill me at some point, all on the same char...hmm... it's just more interesting - watching the JK stoy on yt was like a cascade of faceplams followed by cliche sickness.

For me,

BEST:

Blizz. You have to love the guy, he calls you 'Boss' and it's just plain awesome. Comic relief companions are the best.

Mako. No, not because she's the 'hottest companion ever', but because she's sweet and tomboy-ish. She reflects my real life personality a lot, and that's probably one reason to like her.

2V-R8 - Yes, the ship droid. I like the ship droid, though annoying, he does insanely better than most of my other companions on crew skills. He crits more of my items that my other companions with bonuses on them! That and he's the only one that actually respects and does everything for you to make you happy.

WORST:

T7: I wish this stupid droid would just melt and die. I hate this thing and my goal is to make him leave. I actually hate this worse than ship droids.

Ashara: I hate the republic. I hate this companion. I hate the republic because of this companion. Ugly, completely devoted to Jedi teachings in front of a SITH LORD. WHY CAN'T I FRY HER WITH LIGHTNING?!

Tharan Cedrax: His 'charms' sicken me. The more he tries to flirt with me makes me want to force choke him myself. His jokes are horrible, and his holographic dancer gets on my nerves to no end.

Nadia Grell: There's no reason for me to like this thing. Any companion who is pro-jedi is something I want to get rid of.

Tharan Cedrax is the best, because he has the best companion ability in the game. Blizz is second because Jawas are awesome - he would be first if I could punt him into enemies, but because I cant I have to dock some points.

Bowdarr is the worst. Hes big, smelly, and if you get him wet he stinks up the ship for DAYS. And theres that whole "RRRRRWWWWWWWOOOOOOORRRRRAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" thing.

My favorite so far (I don't have a SW, Trooper, or BH of any notable level) is the JK companions. T7 is pretty cute. Kira is interesting and has a cool story. Doc is hilarious. Seriously love Doc. Rusk is pretty meh. Scourge is cool because he's huge in the lore.

Least favorite is the SI set. Khem is kinda cool. Andy is kinda meh. Should've been more like Oghren in DA1. The rest aren't all that hot.

Tharan Cedrax: His 'charms' sicken me. The more he tries to flirt with me makes me want to force choke him myself. His jokes are horrible, and his holographic dancer gets on my nerves to no end.

I agree Tharan is annoying, but he honestly has the best healing companion moveset in the entire game.

Why does Taran have the best moveset? Aren't they mirrors of eachother? On the 3 classes I've been playing alot - JC, JK and BH - they have all had similar abilities.

They all have a disorient move that locks enemies for like 8 sec.

Mako does that electrocute beam

Doc carbonize enemies

Tharan "deploys Holliday"

Is it something in their healing abilities that make them different?

Doc must be one of the most underrated companions. I think he's a really good comical relief character. Not 1 sentence that comes from him is serious. He's like the games Han Solo, medic style.

And like everybody, I just love Mako as a companion. Of the ones I've "met" so far, she is the overall best in every category.

JC's companions are all horrible or worse. Except Nadia, who is a force sensitve who believes in justice and vengence. Much like a "grey" Jedi.

Starting an IA I just got totally repulsed by the first companion. The bald, chaotic evil punk "thing". I just dropped my operative before lvl 20 mostly because of her.

Currently play all the classes (ya i know the whole no life thing).

Best Comic Relief: Smuggler Guss

Runner up: Doc and Blizz

Most Loyal: T7

Most Spirit: M1-4X (trooper droid)

Best Date: Kira and Elara

Wildest Date: Akaava

Easiest to be dark with: Khem Val

Best Friend: Mako

Most annoying: Tharan

Most Enduring: Vette

Edited by Burtlebe

bounty hunters have the absolute best companion, a jawa named blizz. he is also a tank. UTINI! gault might as well be my second favourite, i really like his sarcastic comments and attitude.

BHs also have the worst companion, and that's skadge who's rude and looks like a pile of rotting slime. i don't really give a damn about him. actually... no, i do, i hate him for standing there in my ship. but at least he's silent, not like the goddamned droid who paints my quarters every time my BH takes the shore leave.

best = sith warrior (close behind is bounty hunter, mako and gault rule.. trooper is up there just because of forex, i swear forex cracks me up so much.. his secret mission storyline had me rolling)

worst - jedi consular

Edited by teambff

first: joss whedon is overrated.

second: companions are indeed functionally mirrors, but dancing holiday is definately better than electro beams and carbon spray for reasons that should be obvious.

third: GUSS RULES!

fourth: blizz gets kind of annoying after a while, but thankfully anytime I'm not in the mood for cutesy star wars i can just whip out Skadge, then when i get kind of tired of the vulgarity (which takes longer than for cutesiness incidentally) i just whip out blizz. also a healthy sprinkling of gault, but thats more for the sake of getting through the trash quicker

my favorite companions

1. Guss Tuno

2. Skadge

3. Mako

4. Blizz

5. Kaliyo, gault, akaavi, scorpio ensign temple... depends on my mood

my favorite companion groups

1. bounty hunter, all except torian are spectacular

2. agent, nothing spectacular individually but the most solid set that as a whole feels the most like a team as opposed to a random group of people

3. smuggler, corso's an idiot and wookie is way too much of a noble savage cliche for me to really love, but if one doesn't read his subtitles he instantly becomes way cooler, as does the customization kit where he gets welding goggles, and literally every companion is better than the last

4. sith warrior, haven't played it but i love twi'leks, chick apprentices, talz (not as awesome as ortolans, but still great), and malavai looks way too dumb not to be hilarious

5. trooper, none of them really jump out at me but they all seem like they have an interesting concept and im looking forward to rolling one come legacy unlocks, along with the sw

• 4 years later...

Worst class.... hmm.... hmm.....

Well the one that i have the least amount of companions i like will have to be the Bounty hunter, i only like Blizz and Gualt, everyone else can burn in that crew.

Best class for companions.

Smuggler, and here is why.

You have the useless jedi (Guss Tano)

The Wookie strongman (Bowdarr)

The Princes (Risha)

The Farm boy (Corso)

All your missing is your own astromech droid with the story and you have a mirror of the Star Wars Ep. IV a New Hope (Everyone has C2-N2 so thats Goldie for you) and you are the dashing scoundrel (or gunslinger).

Either way gear companions, Akavi is meh ok i have nothing against her, and the story is good to. So ya story and companion wise, Smuggler is #1 when comparing both story and companions.

I think Sith Warrior has the best set of companions. Vette, Quinn, Jaesa, and Pierce all seem well integrated with the story and I enjoyed them all. I liked how often they participated in the plot conversations and really felt like they were a crew together. Broonmark is very meh to me, but I can't think of any class that I like all of the companions.

Jedi Knight also has a good crew. I really like Kira and Scourge and T7 is adorable. Doc annoys me some with his cheesy flirts and I don't even know why Rusk is there though. I also enjoyed the Trooper crew a lot, as I felt they really fit in with the story, but Trooper one of my least favorite stories overall.

Jedi Consular has by far my least favorite companion team. I find Qyzen super dull and, as someone who played a healer sage pre-4.0, I was stuck with him way too long. Theran is amusing but his flirt path is awful and he doesn't connect well to the plot. I enjoyed Zenith alright but he's nothing special save for not being Qyzen. Iresso actually has a cool backstory given the Consular themes but his personality is dull and flatly nice guy. Nadia is okay . . . But I liked every other class's padawan better. Just all in all a dull group that doesn't integrate as well to the story as some other classes,

I'm currently pressing through JC's story to get Nadia (why did she had to be the LAST companion >_<)

Qyzen is indeed somewhat one-dimensional. I actually like Holiday and attachment (:p) and Tharan's comments when you entered new areas in Balmorra provided a bit of background actually. I didn't like Zenith during his story arc because I'm not really a fan of that kind of attitude/personality, even though I *can* understand his bitterness.

WIth my other characters I only have the first companion, so not much to comment on that.

Edited by Mahoukenshi

the ones i've got so far, my favorite is Kira, who does not love her comments about basically everything? And her way to be a jedi without fully compromising with the code, making her kinda grayish, and her story is heavy for the lore. T7 is cute but gets annoying very fast. Blizz is awesome, but the same way as any "non normal speaker" companion, the voice gets boring and annoying too after a time. I like the crazy righteous cowboy style of corso and laugh with the stories of Doc, seriously.

Worst is C2, GOD, how i hate this thing, talks ALL THE TIME, no personality, at least 2V has that polite cowardly way, but i gotta say that the feels of doing C2's quest on odessen are awesome, some ninjas came through here cutting onions close to my eyes at the time i first did it properly. xD

Keep in Mind, because of Romance options I prefer to play Male toons, so the below includes the Romnaceable Female companions as part of the equation.

Class with the Worst Companions? That one is easy. Hands Down the Jedi Consularand it's not even that close. Not only is the not really a memorable Companion (unless you include Halladay), but because the first companion is so unbelievably bad, and that you are stuck with them until at least the end Nar Shada. Nico and Treek look worth their weight in gold just to get rid of Qyzen.

Best Class Companions? Sith Warrior, Especially if you play a light side leaning character who nonetheless turns Jaessa to the Dark Side, and then Romances Vette. I got this feeling that at any point Jaessa was going to decide that between being "jilted" and me being too Light sided, that I was going to the SW version of Fatal Attraction.