Why Was Oricon Never Made Solo-Friendly?

Ylliarus

So on my Sith Inquisitor, Sith Sorcerer better said that I have been playing for years now the mission on Oricon is still there.. stuck at the same exact point... left untouched... It's where you have to finish the 2 OPS in order to finish the story arc on the planet. Which is something I don't understand why it hasn't been remedied to be solo-friendly.

I don't do OPS, I don't want to do them as it's not my playstyle and I don't need the pressure of it on my shoulders. Flashpoints sure I love 'em, PvP I do daily and love it with all my heart, but I'll stay away from OPS. Which is where my issue lies with because now I will never be able to finish Oricon. Why wasn't there an alternative added to the Dread Master Arc like we had in Shadow of Revan? People could choose to play the OPS or they could do dailies instead to progress the story. So, it's not like an alternative is unthinkable and lately Iokath also has a story arc that can be supplemented with an OPS but it's not vital to continue the story. I ask therefore again, why after all this time there wasn't crafted a solution for the Oricon story arc?

Perhaps the alternative could be really easy and doing the dailies will be what is needed. A more fun solution could be making an alternative flashpoint for the Oricon OPS that allow the player to experience the raids but it's not on actual Operations level and is also soloable for those who like that playstyle. You'd be given the choice whether you'd want to complete the Oricon story through OPS or Flashpoint. The latter would also be a good preparation for those who'd eventually want to dive into the operations.

Edited by Ylliarus

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this has to be one of the most-requested things on this board. And I concur. It's frustrating to do the dailies on Oricon and see that little enticing golden triangle...and know that you have no way to really properly finish the planet. I know they don't like going back and fixing older stuff, but IMHO a solo-friendly way to finish Oricon, such as a flashpoint with solo mode, would bring more players back than a new ops boss any day.

I think this has to be one of the most-requested things on this board. And I concur. It's frustrating to do the dailies on Oricon and see that little enticing golden triangle...and know that you have no way to really properly finish the planet. I know they don't like going back and fixing older stuff, but IMHO a solo-friendly way to finish Oricon, such as a flashpoint with solo mode, would bring more players back than a new ops boss any day.

I get that redoing old stuff shouldn't be a priority albeit I will always believe making the previous stuff better will also improve the future of something... this is another matter. The case with Oricon is that a solution to the forced OPS is very long overdue and should have been implemented when Shadow of Revan hit or shortly thereafter. This is something that we deserve as paying customers of this game, we should be able to finish story arcs properly and Bioware has shown they have no qualms about giving that to us such as the arc on Yavin and the recent story of Iokath. So demanding that they do this for Oricon as well is just something we have a right to at this point in time.

Also, the Shroud mission is also something that should be made solo-friendly. Finding groups for that or the Seeds of Rage is nearly impossible. Those are things that simply have to be fixed, there is no "but's" regarding it. These things should have been made solo-friendly ages ago.

Edited by Ylliarus

I feel like they're almost hoping they can force players into doing ops/uprisings/etc. if they block content/story completion. But it doesn't work - players just get annoyed and walk away. I'd rather leave the planet unfinished than to do an Op, but I shouldn't be faced with that choice.

And yeah, especially as a paying customer it's frustrating. It's like watching a movie where someone's cut off the last ten minutes.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Oricon finishes and THEN you get the ops. After doing Dread fortress/palace, you dont get a closing cutscene that "wraps up" the story for you, and even after you finish the ops those quest givers still have that gold triangle over their heads so you can re-take it after. (or at least, they still have it for me) So, if you are at that point youre done with the story for all intents and purposes, theres not an ending or wrap-up that youre missing out on or anything for not doing the ops.

Oricon finishes and THEN you get the ops. After doing Dread fortress/palace, you dont get a closing cutscene that "wraps up" the story for you, and even after you finish the ops those quest givers still have that gold triangle over their heads so you can re-take it after. (or at least, they still have it for me) So, if you are at that point youre done with the story for all intents and purposes, theres not an ending or wrap-up that youre missing out on or anything for not doing the ops.

There are cutscenes on YouTube that are not given unless you do the Ops.

This is not a single player game. There are single player elements, but not everything needs to be accessible to everyone. This is such a bad idea. No no no no never.

Even if you don't raid normally how hard is it to do the op ONCE? It's not solo content.

Some star wars fans are so anti-social and terrified of others. It's like if you say hello to them they might have a panic attack. Never understood what is so scary about group content. Games are actually fun to play with other people. Make some friends it's actually quite nice.

and before the reply of "but people are mean and yell at you for making a mistake" Oh boohoo. there is an ignore feature, plus I have played since release and can't even count on one hand the times someone raged at me for a mistake.

This is not a single player game. There are single player elements, but not everything needs to be accessible to everyone. This is such a bad idea. No no no no never.

Even if you don't raid normally how hard is it to do the op ONCE? It's not solo content.

Main storyline should be accessible to everyone.

Some star wars fans are so anti-social and terrified of others. It's like if you say hello to them they might have a panic attack. Never understood what is so scary about group content. Games are actually fun to play with other people. Make some friends it's actually quite nice.

and before the reply of "but people are mean and yell at you for making a mistake" Oh boohoo. there is an ignore feature, plus I have played since release and can't even count on one hand the times someone raged at me for a mistake.

I don't want to group up for the story, what's wrong with it? This isn't everquest which you need to level up with a group.

Same thing with the Seeker Droid and Shroud quest. It was bad from the beginning.

Again. Star Wars is an MMO that second M means MULTIPLAYER. Those are amazing missions and we need more of them. This game has been reduced down enough from when it was actually challenging and you want to remove the last bits of challenge. No no no no. I can't say it enough. More of these not less.

Main storyline should be accessible to everyone.

Except that isn't a main storyline. The entire Story of the Dread Master's (other then the empire quest to release them on Belsavis), is all an Operation Storyline. So if your not willing to do the Operations, then finishing the Oricon Story really shouldn't matter to you, since you've not been paying attention to that story anyway (It all starting with hints in KP about the dread master's and every Operations after that EC, TFB, SnV, DF, and DP are all about the dread master's).

Now with that being said, it is a GROUP CONTENT Storyline,so if your that stubborn about not doing group content, then it's your own fault if you are unwilling to group up for it. Most people won't rage on you if you tell them you do not know the fights ahead of time, and are willing to listen, and try to do the mechanics they are describing. Those that will rage most are due to the fact someone stays silent and doesn't mention they've never done the fights, and it causes wipes.

1. There's no problem with group content being its own thing - as long as you don't have story content leading into it. Setting up a story that you can't complete without an op is sh***y, the same way it would be to, say, create an Op that could not be completed unless you fully decorated a Stronghold.

2. Nope. Not being forced to do an Op even once. And as an Ops player, do you really want lots of people who don't want to be there, hate what they're doing -- and who have never raided and don't know what to do -- coming into the Op with you? I certainly wouldn't.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Again. Star Wars is an MMO that second M means MULTIPLAYER. Those are amazing missions and we need more of them. This game has been reduced down enough from when it was actually challenging and you want to remove the last bits of challenge. No no no no. I can't say it enough. More of these not less.

You get 20 solo players on various planets, there your MULTIPLAYERS. It does not mean you must play together, must group, must do Op's or anything else . It just means you can have multiple players online at the same time. So don't start quoting MMO to me as clearly you don't even know what it means. There is nothing in the world that's ever going to force or make me to group with you. Solo versions does not stop you grouping at all. If there is a solo version and players choose to do it solo and not group anymore, well that tells you everything you need to know. If players still choose to group regardless of there being solo versions, well than what you so worried about??????????????????

Except that isn't a main storyline. The entire Story of the Dread Master's (other then the empire quest to release them on Belsavis), is all an Operation Storyline. So if your not willing to do the Operations, then finishing the Oricon Story really shouldn't matter to you, since you've not been paying attention to that story anyway (It all starting with hints in KP about the dread master's and every Operations after that EC, TFB, SnV, DF, and DP are all about the dread master's).

The Dread Masters storyline is a pretty big deal in the Sith storylines, and Oricon is presented as a purple (main) quest. Not to mention they give you a number of solo cut scenes on Oricon before they spring the op requirement on you. The other purple quests are all able to be completed solo, including the flashpoints.

So if they don't want it to be accessible to solo players, gate the entire thing inside an op and take away the purple mission designation. Don't string along solo players for several quests and then drop an op requirement on them.

Sorry, it's totally on you if you can't even be bothered to learn the game at least to a level so you can participate in easy SM OPs. Everything can't be delivered on a silver plate via veteran fps which are no challenge or involve any traces of skill whatsoever. I regard your demand as cheap to say it moderately. Edited by Khaleg

Sorry, it's totally on you if you can't even be bothered to learn the game at least to a level so you can participate in easy SM OPs. Everything can't be delivered on a silver plate via veteran fps which are no challenge or involve any traces of skill whatsoever. I regard your demand as cheap to say it moderately.

Frankly, it's not about learning the game. It's about not wanting to spend my recreation time interacting with other players with surly attitudes. Not all of us need to run in a pack for validation, and doing the content yourself without assistance from other players is hardly cheap.

Frankly, it's not about learning the game. It's about not wanting to spend my recreation time interacting with other players with surly attitudes. Not all of us need to run in a pack for validation, and doing the content yourself without assistance from other players is hardly cheap.

Such a bs excuse. surly attitudes? right i have always done group content and the vast majority has had positive people. you are not going to get raged on if you are new to it. stop accusing actual mmo players of being ******es when the majority aren't.

Hmm, so my advice is "Beware of all the people out there. They are literally almost EVERYWHERE"...☺️

Your concerns are invalid, and your attitude IS cheap. In case I'm not forgetting anything the ONLY solo content in the game that is somewhat challenging are the two Eternal Championship runs under 15 minutes and the one without dying, and maybe the Star Fortress without any utilities and buffs. I guess you are asking for less to finsih your "story" line on Oricon, like killing a mob which has no chance whatsoever!?

Only a few assh0les with a mini ***** would call you out for not knowing the OP mechanics if you are honest about it. We, and especially me as raid and guild leader, have people with no OP experience whatsoever join our guild and in the aftermath our raids all the time. Nobody gets beaten with a club for cluelessness but gets a thorough explanation instead. In addition you can do most SM OPs with 4-6 people. What does it matter if the 5., 6., 7. or 8. guy f1cks up and still needs some learning curve? It's ok, the rest of the team compensates this easily. OPs are THE fun element in the game when you open your mind for them - and for other so "extremely evil" people. Everything else can be fun as well but is more or less kindergarden gaming, especially inside an MMO.

Edited by Khaleg

So if your not willing to do the Operations, then finishing the Oricon Story really shouldn't matter to you, since you've not been paying attention to that story anyway (It all starting with hints in KP about the dread master's and every Operations after that EC, TFB, SnV, DF, and DP are all about the dread master's).

Actually...

KP drops one sentence about something strange happening in the criminal underworld; EC fully explains that Dread Masters betrayed the Empire; TfB is a 'monster of the week' in Dread Masters arc; SnV has something important happening at the end. All you need to know about the time between Belsavis and Oricon is that the Dread Masters betrayed the Empire and that one of them was killed - and all this is explained in Oricon cutscenes

That being said, story mode DF and DP are much easier than many HM flaspoints (or even veteran flashpoints if you find yourself in a bad group) and people running ops are usually friendly and helpful so it's worth giving a shot. For Raptus' monologues \ battle taunts if nothing else :)