Stormcaller stunning tank

Greetings all! After doing a pretty lengthy internet search and coming up dry, I've decided to seek wisdom in these hallowed halls.

My guild recently started working through HM EC, and we have encountered an issue with Stormcaller and FIrebrand. When our tank turns Stormcaller's turret to let the melee DPS soak up Double Destruction, he is getting stunned by Stormcaller (then promptly hit with double destruction x 2 and 1-shot).

We never had this issue pop up during any of our Story Mode runs, and I wasn't able to find anything on it by searching the web. In fact, I wasn't able to find anything on a Stormcaller stun at all. That leads me to believe that it is either a bug or a new issue. Any ideas out there?

The tank getting hit by double destructs is what causes the stun. If the tank is getting locked down before orbs are getting cast then my best guess is that some pretty horrific lag is occurring preventing the visual from appearing at the right time.

There has been some strange visual lags and slow downs recently from patch 1.4 so that may be the cause of it.

Edited by Codek

Yesterday we had unexpected similar issues in this fight. We've been clearing EC HM for quite some time now, so are familiar with the mechanics and normally do not have any issues during this fight.

One of our tanks would keep getting "stuck on something" while moving around on stormcaller, seemed like some type of collision issue to us although it may have just been lag related. This may be the same thing you experienced. We simply swapped our two tanks and had them return to their original boss after every cycle (something we often do anyways). This bug only affected one of our tanks, the other one was fine (although a dps would occasionally get jammed moving on top of the tanks). If you are using an dps taunter on firebrand simply swap your tanks and call it a day.

This seems to be either generated by lag or a client side collision issue that I've never seen prior to 1.4, but it's very easy to compensate for.

One of our tanks would keep getting "stuck on something" while moving around on stormcaller, seemed like some type of collision issue to us although it may have just been lag related.

Hmm, that is something I experienced a couple times during 1.3. I think I eventually decided that it was caused by using Storm to jump over to Firebrand while I was inside the model for Stormcaller's turret. I made it a point to not be standing inside the turret before jumping across, and then I didn't have that problem again. Who knows if that's actually what the cause was...