Update 2.5 (or 2.6): Companions

YoshiRaphElan

Change max affection to 15000

Yick, no thanks.

I like the idea of additional companion content, but am completely opposed to the idea of mooting all of the work it took to max out companion rep by raising the affection cap.

Voice acting and animated cut scenes are cost prohibitive. They simply don't have the resources.

I agree, but this is exactly why I feel they should allow you to reset your class quest as well as companion conversations. That money has already been spent...it would be a very cheap way to give the solo player a chance to re-do their class missions.

Yick, no thanks.

I like the idea of additional companion content, but am completely opposed to the idea of mooting all of the work it took to max out companion rep by raising the affection cap.

well perhaps if it was story driven missions for the companions they would give incredible amounts of affection gain. like i said previously, if they had their own companion missions that we went on ourselves they would give maybe 500-750ish affection for the missions, u would have no problem capping it out

Would love to see companions be more useful, but raising the affection cap higher would suck as, other than spending credits on gifts, there's no easy way to raise it anymore. The more recent missions have their affection gains few and far between.

Maybe have a daily area where each mission is handed out by one of your companions?

/facepalm

Go re-learn that the movies take place 100s of years after this game.

I can /facepalm too...

Also, go re-re-learn that in KOTOR, Jedi were wearing the "traditional" robes that Alec is asking for that were seen in the movies, and happened to have their hoods down. KOTOR takes place, what, 300 years before this game lore-wise?

In addition, there are literally NO Jedi robes that look like what's in the movies, and only 1 with it's hood down. Would it be such a bad thing to put in an iconic appearance from the very source that made us all love SW to begin with?

Would love to see companions be more useful, but raising the affection cap higher would suck as, other than spending credits on gifts, there's no easy way to raise it anymore. The more recent missions have their affection gains few and far between.

Maybe have a daily area where each mission is handed out by one of your companions?

maybe just have your companions themselves hand out a dailie or 2 per planet if your on one with a weekly and the weekly is just to do a certain amount of the companion dailies. And all not only raise affection but hand out comp gifts too but the drawback is that you can only work on missions for one companion at a time.

They're worthless. I would absolutely HATE to see even 5-minutes of developer time wasted on companions I never even see.

On my end, I actually pay attention to the story and characters. I'd love some more of it. But giant team content is boring and restrictive. I HATE to see even 5 minutes of developer time wasted on Operations that I never even see.

On my end, I actually pay attention to the story and characters. I'd love some more of it. But giant team content is boring and restrictive. I HATE to see even 5 minutes of developer time wasted on Operations that I never even see.

Nicely put..lol I think if some more effort was put into developing the companions storyline it would be a good thing.15k affection not no but hell no.I have all mine unlocked on first chrs to complete their class but have 22 chrs and I don't feel like adding to the 10k I have to get.Improving on the stories would be good though.

Edited by well

• 2 months later...
Wow. I must've caught all the anti-companion players today. :eek:

Seriously, though. SSSP -> Class Balance -> Companion update. Companions are a fun part of the game and a part that is important to me. A companion patch would be way more fun than that update (was it 2.1?) where everything was CM related.

I agree. I like to run alone so i spend a lot of time with my companions. i wouldn't mind a few updates to them