Please buff sorc heal or give us better tacticals

Ahwassa

If its no complaining about aoe heal, what is it then? you are still the best single target heal spec... so why sooooooooooooo whiny?

Are you ok my friend?

Merc is the best single target heal now.

And the tactical you suggested is a general tactical that assumes you use a click relic.

You don´t see a problem there?

Edited by Ahwassa

merc best single target heal? did you ever have a look at parsely? sorry i meant rolling boil

it does not need a click relic it needs a relic proc.... which happens at least every 25 sec....

but hey live in your little bubble without any empiric data and cry.....

Edited by Opiklo

I am fine with low aoe heals, it has been this way for very long time, and it made other heal classes supplement sorc healer nicely - sorc focuses more on tank or whoever is getting high sustained dtps in the raid and the other healer throws out aoe heals that will heal wounds from aoes, circles, dots and such on the rest of the raid.

The issue is that if there is a class that can outheal sorc in a single target healing - which is the case now - sorc suddenly lost his main and only specialization and will not make up for it in other ways. If both ops and merc have stronger aoe heals and hots (as they should, they were created with more focus on aoe healing and hots) and one of them can outheal sorc in single target healing, then there is no reason to bring in a sorc. He will not be able to put out better aoe heals than merc even if he uses revivification on cooldown with One for All tactical. He will not be able to HoT people, because, well, we just don't have those kind of HoTs... So what we would like is return to be THE best single target healer. Or, if we should no longer be one, then we need to have something (either aoe or hots) buffed enough to be competitive with the ops or merc in this area. But I would not like this route tbh, I like how it was before, when all 3 healer classes brought something unique from other 2 healers.

In scaled content this issue is not visible and yesterday in 16m nim raid I could sometimes parse better eHPS than both merc and ops on boss fight (which probably says something about their skill and not their class). However in unscaled content like PvP, Dxun, Uprisings there is a huge change in how sorc heals work for some reason - our single target biggest heal that could give 20% health bar back to tank in scaled content suddenly gives about 10% health back, but the damage taken is the same percentage wise - so when tank in scaled content got hit for 30%, I can use Dark Infusion + free Dark Heal to heal him back. Now in unscaled content the same Dark Infusion + Dark Heal combo will give back about 15-20%, taking the same time and resources to cast, but leaving the tank with 10-15% health missing.

I really do not care if my heals heal for 10k or 20k or 50k, I just want them consistent when it comes to percentages. For all I care the heals could not give heal numbers at all and heal for x% of target's health. If the biggest single target heal suddenly heals for much less percentage wise depending if I am in scaled or unscaled content, then something is very off...In 6.0 health has doubled, dps has doubled, dtps has doubled and sorc heals increased by 30%. People around you will expect that you will still heal them same as before - they take hit for 30%, you fill it back in 3 seconds. But suddenly you cannot do that, and they start dying... you search for better sets, for better tacticals, for better anything to increase your healing output - and as a sorc you will find nothing for your most used skills. You will not magically go to back to sustained single target healing that people around you learned to expect and to add insult to an injury, you see other healer classes to be able to do better than you can in the single target healing and aoe healing both.

That is the reason we asked here to either have our heals buffed, or be given a tactical for our skills to return us to be the best single target healer even in unscaled content. For the record, spreading Resurgence by Revivification would be stupid OP and not fitting sorc theme at all and I agree that this should never be considered. But we need a buff so we would be ready when all content is scaled up to lvl 75 - we must be able to put required hps before it happens, the raid teams will not stop and wait for several months or years for their sorc healer to be buffed to be viable in nim content again - we would have to leave or reroll merc/ops. And most of us do not want to reroll, otherwise we would have done so already...

I know the parsely numbers. But single target on a dummy means nothing.

In Ops a merc has more aoe and single target because he has a good tactical.

Sorcs can use "luck always changes" or the time one. But is it too much to ask to get a good class related one?

(And please calm down before you write. Your poor heart. It´s just a game.)

I know the parsely numbers. But single target on a dummy means nothing.

In Ops a merc has more aoe and single target because he has a good tactical.

Sorcs can use "luck always changes" or the time one. But is it too much to ask to get a good class related one?

(And please calm down before you write. Your poor heart. It´s just a game.)

sustained single target means nothing?

ok i am done talkin to you

But the thing is he isn't wrong.

Sorcs have always been the old school single target healers, you needed someone back to full health quick you called a sorc now you call a merc, you need AoE well both the merc and ops have us beat and always have, keeping people alive again mercs with their kolto shells do a better job their our shields since they can just spam them out and reapply whenever they want we have to wait until the debuff is off before we can put it on and even then other then taking like 1 hit it doesn't give a benfit for having it on anyone but ourselfs in ether reflecting a bit of damage or healing us where the kolto shell heals them.

in the best case if we didn't have to worry about other people and just heal one person without having to waste force on the shield and switching targets then yeah we are fine but thats just it in a bubble we are fine but in actual use no we get trounced on by both of them, i got 1 of each healer up to 75 full gear and tacts and still i hate healing on the sorc more then any other because the stress of trying to keep people alive is just that much greater.

On the merc i have so much just raw power and mobility that it's crazy that people havn't just all moved to the mercs yet as they not only get kolto shell which helps a crap ton as you don't have to worry to much about people if they have it but you also get kolto missle which is a amazing ability that does good upfront healing to a group but also leaves behind a really good AoE heal in the area, you get emergancy scan which i've had crit for way more then even a bouncing roaming mend and on top of that you then get a insta healing scan which can crit for nearly the same amount as well as them having their supercharged gas which makes their healing scans cheaper but also gives them a extra 5% healing power while it lasts and its super easy to get back.

For ops you got your kolto probes which just give good cheap heals to everyone and stacks 2 times, they have nanotech a good smart heal, kolto waves another amazing AoE that craps on our healing doughnut and is cheaper, a spamable good heal that refreshs our probes, the infusion does good up frount healing as well as applying a good hot and they have koltoinjection a heal that can do wicked crazing amounts of healing.

Not to mention they both have really good tacticals and set bonus that help them do their healing even better while we sorcs got what 2 tacticals that do the opistite of each other and a few sets that bearly do anything face it we got screwed again just like we always do, i tend to always play force users because starwars but even now i would play ether of the other healers over a sorc anyday.

Sorcs have always been the old school single target healers

Ah if you want to talk old school...

...you didn't make an operation in meaningful content back in the day without sorc healers because not only did they have the best resources for healing anyone up they also had the best by far aoe healing.

Sure you could take other healers.

Just as long as you had enough sorc healers to start off with. Otherwise it was needlessly difficult.

That was oldschool and it's not something to hold up as a gem of balance.

Edited by Gyronamics

• 4 weeks later...

Since it´s obvious that we won´t get better tacticals here are my suggestions how to make the 3 existing ones better.

All for One

- Revivification heals more the less allies it heals.

- 1 player = 960 %, 2 players = 410 %, ..., 8 players = 80 %

- Revivifications doesn´t use up the Reverse Corruption stacks

One for All

- Revivification heals more for each ally it affects.

- 8 players = 120 % etc

- Revivifications doesn´t use up the Reverse Corruption stacks

Storm’s Succor

Damaging an enemy with Volt Rush causes your ally with the lowest health (in 30 m radius) to be healed, scaling with how many Energized charges you have. The last charge doesn´t cost force.

Edited by Ahwassa

By now I would even use a general tactical item based on :

Overwhelming Offense

Dealing damage increases all damage done for 2 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

something like:

Overwhelming Treatment

Healing an ally or yourself increases all healing done for 2 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

See, it is a general tactical, not a sorcerer specific, so maybe if everyone can have it then sorcs can have something useful too? ;)

The idea of voltaic rush tactical change is great, I tried so much to get it working as it is now, but even on "easy" bosses like nim nefra - where people are kinda static with positioning, so you should be able to make it heal the person you want - it usually healed no one (4 out of 6 volt rushes did nothing) and the 2 times it worked it decided to heal my co-healer, who was not really damaged, instead of tanks that were below 80% of health... so I cannot justify using it anywhere where tacticals should matter.

For the Revivification ones - both would be welcome changes, but... All for One is usually better than One For All already when not in ops group, and in ops group I am usually happy if I manage to hit 4-5 people with Revivification, so the cut point imo should be that both perform same at 4 people cap, with All for One drastically increasing effectivness for 2 and 1 target, while One for All being a bit more linear.

For example:

All for One - (1) 500% (2) 250% (3) 150% (4) 125% (5) 100% (6) 90% (7) 80% (8) 70%

One for All - (1) 50% (2) 75% (3) 100% (4) 125% (5) 150% (6) 175% (7) 200% (8) 225%

But the idea of them not using the Reverse Corruption stacks is neat.

A food for thought - how about a tactical that just makes Consuming Darkness be off GCD when player has Force Surge stack? It would not affect healing output directly - no heals would heal for more, so it would not make for example Raptus challenge less challenging - but it would eliminate "downtime" when you spend up to 3 GCDs not healing, just standing there and creating some force, while it would still retain the mechanics of the Innervate used a lot to create those stacks and would not completely trivialize Force management (because we would need those stacks, and being able to use more skills means more Force lost). It would be possible to heal during time when we now do nothing except for creating some force, which would directly increase our hps without actually increasing any of our healing skills specifically. It would also synergize with the Empowered Restorer set - it would be possible to burn down Force Surge stacks to create a stack of Consuming Darkness "on demand" just before using Dark Heal could make this set much more viable.

Oh well.. I guess I will stop here, we could think up so many nice tacticals, and it makes me only sad when playing the game knowing what we have and what we brought up as improvements...

how about a tactical that just makes Consuming Darkness be off GCD when player has Force Surge stack?

Good idea! The tactical could make it work like the old "Noble Sacrifice" in the "OP Sorc heal" days.

In general it would be good to have tacticals that bring back one thing each that used to be OP, such as improving Resplendence effect for any following ability. Not necessarily to the full power of "OP Sorc heal" days, just enough to be on par with Rocket Fuel Vapors. More crit to Healing Trance/Innervate, less force consumed by Salvation etc.

Good idea! The tactical could make it work like the old "Noble Sacrifice" in the "OP Sorc heal" days.

In general it would be good to have tacticals that bring back one thing each that used to be OP, such as improving Resplendence effect for any following ability. Not necessarily to the full power of "OP Sorc heal" days, just enough to be on par with Rocket Fuel Vapors. More crit to Healing Trance/Innervate, less force consumed by Salvation etc.

I haven't been around in those days,because I started playing after both KOTFE and KOTET were out, so I only really saw one set on healer before 6.0 :) I had no idea this existed before. But yeah, if it was there before and was liked, but too OP, it can now be brought back as tactical, but changed so it is in line with other healer classes tacticals - people and developers probably know what made it too OP and change it to be strong, but not stupidly overpowered.

If it is The Unyielding Protector as it was on PTS - I considered this to be more of a PvP healer set? I mean, I can see that being good in arenas, but I am not interested in PvP much (probably because I just don't get any satisfaction killing other players, I guess it is a female thing - I prefer cooperation with them). And PvP sorc healers really could use something for them. I would not use it in MM OPS content, as it does not bring anything to help with Force management and having longer cooldown of Innervate would be too much of a trade-off for a set that can be used once per 3 minutes at best. It could maybe shine in some very specific phases IF (a very big IF) the provided barrier and healing would be really big - maybe then on something like Titan 6 burn it could be fun to pop it, but I cannot imagine for example Dread Council or Styrak burn with this set - the barrier lasts too short and greater cooldown of Innervate would probably mean my hps would not be enough to even get to this phase.

Of course they might have changed it from what it was doing to something completely else, but it looked interesting - 4pc Force Barrier puts a barrier on nearby allies, absorbing XXX damage for up to XX seconds and granting them an additional 25% elemental reduction while active - 6pc Activating Force Barrier heals all allies around.

Unrelated, I really liked the new jugg set bonus :D For the sorc one - I wrote it off as a probably decent set for arenas, as from what I remember I used god bubble in pvp often, and it was annoying that when I did I could not help any of my team mates - now it would help a lot it seems! But in PvE in MM Opses I tend to use god bubble at very specific situations (the ultimate aggro drop on every add, surviving Kelsara's Doom, surviving a big hit from bosses that randomly switches targets in burn...) and often times I would not be able to use it as a group heal reliably. But I think I will collect the set anyway to check it and maybe use in some easy SM/HM content just for fun.

On a positive note (maybe) - I have no information about changes to tactical items, so we can still hope that for PvE sorc healer there will be something - and if they get worse, well... we already use the generic ones often anyway, so no big deal... it is not like we can actually get a nerf here :D

4pc Force Barrier puts a barrier on nearby allies, absorbing XXX damage for up to XX seconds and granting them an additional 25% elemental reduction while active - 6pc Activating Force Barrier heals all allies around.

I was´nt on PTS - I thought it was just the stronghold I don´t care about.

If that is the new set bonus - BW stop giving us crap!

Also bold of BW to assume there are still sorc healers playing PvP. Everytime I was listed (as DPS) there was no healer.

Also devs: you don´t seem to understand how MMOs work. Then you release a new set - it´s a BIS set that everyone wants. If you create a set no one wants - you waste your and our time!

Thing is, sorcs are dual specs, so if they release only one set they have to choose between healer and dps, so Madness/Lightning gets nothing at all this time. Similar thing for juggs - the new set is clearly aimed at tanks (and is very interesting for Immortal for specific fights) but the Rage/Vengeance dps spec will get nothing new, unless for some reason they want to trade Descend of the Fearless for being able to aggro drop twice? :rak_03: Then there are also different modes - PvP might need a very different sets than PvE needs, and even in PvE and PvP there are different modes of group content (4 man where only 1 heal/tank is present, 8 man with 2 of each...), so I do not think it is possible to make a clear BiS set for everyone, unless it is something very overpowered in comparison to other sets - so much that it is good for both tank and dps or dps and healer, and those sets were already targeted for nerf (PT one, and Gathering Storm change that did not go through).

As I wrote, this set is not something I will use (for MM ops raiding), but I cannot speak for ranked PvP sorc healers who might find this useful. I just love Revitalized Mystic 4th piece bonus and hope that the 6th piece maybe will get buffed - but for me, this set bonus is THE pve sorc healer set and I do not feel a need for different one - unless the Innervate cooldown reduction is build into Corruption spec passives or Innervate skill itself, which would then open up more sets for usage. What I do feel a need for is tactical items, but there are 4 pages of that already :D And afaik there were no changes to the tactical items on PTS before when stronghold was here, but it is quite possible we can get some even without them being on public PTS build, or they will open a new PTS with them. Because the 8 new sets - while they were on PTS - is not obtainable on live servers yet, but we can see the achievements and abilities are prepared for them.

What I would find nice is if there was some 2-way communication like on PTS before they even implement some changes, to ensure some consensus on what is needed to change and how - because it sucks to implement some changes and then get a backlash for all the hard work you did, which either forces you to redo it (more work and feeling annoyed for developer) or keep it and potentially loose customers (who are annoyed be developers not listening, and developer is annoyed at players for not being happy with their hard work). I have developed a web game for some time and while there is no way to please everyone (and I went through both of the things I wrote about above), in the end I found out that presenting the intended changes and the rationale behind it worked best - like nerfing a super strong set, because over 70% players used it was not popular, but people understood why it was not healthy for game and we were able to reach a compromise which still left the set strong, but not best of best - so people slowly explored other sets and the number went down over time (regearing is not fast). Other times players brought up that some skill is too weak and ideas how to buff it (sometimes to the point it would be wildly overpowered), and again it was often possible to buff the skill - not as much as suggested, but to make it usable. What was best though was that the community felt engaged, when 10 people agreed that some skill is too weak and brought it to me and it got buffed a bit, all of them felt like they did something for the game and everyone in it, they felt like they left a small mark on the game, and it greatly increased their loyalty and willingness to play it more.

But, let's be honest, it was also exhausting work to sort through the posts and find out what really makes sense and what is an attempt to nerf someone else / buff themselves without any good reason. My guess is that developers read this, but they will implement the healer changes before they announce them to players as usually happens. But they apparently were going to change healers, so I am waiting for the announcement of what they decided to do - but I do not expect it very soon :( Hopefully I will be proven wrong...