Suspending Game Logins

EricMusco

We are expanding to bring all servers down. The current plan is that this will be a restart and not a full maintenance so they shouldn't be down for too long.

I will pass on more updates as I have them!

-eric

I guess I could play some Total War Warhammer in the meantime.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are expanding to bring all servers down. The current plan is that this will be a restart and not a full maintenance so they shouldn't be down for too long.

-eric

Thank you for keeping us apprised!

I know for some like myself SWTOR is love SWTOR is life. But why does it feel like I am the only person who doesn't get annoyed or angry when the game is down.

Guys working on the game, keep ip the good work i love this game so much

I know for some like myself SWTOR is love SWTOR is life. But why does it feel like I am the only person who doesn't get annoyed or angry when the game is down.

Guys working on the game, keep ip the good work i love this game so much

Wholeheartedly agree! I love this game and I am excited every time I get to log in. I don't mind a little maintenance to keep the game I love up and running

-eric

Does this have to do with a certain bug or exploit by any chance Eric? I was watching a stream on Twitch and there's currently a bug going on in PvP regarding armor.

I was trying to level my Agent and I kept running into other people. I just thought I would get some alone time on the server :rak_03:

Kidding of course(or am I!?!?), we'll talk about what is going on once we get through our investigation.

-eric

Hit lvl 70 with the Agent and play it as Healer in Ranked Warzones. Then tell me your experience with it in comparation on Sorceress Healer.

You'll see how unbalanced is the Healer world as Operative Medicine.

Jesus Musco you can't do anything right!!!! What did you and dream team broke this time?!

Life lesson: things don't always go smoothly during the day. What you should be focusing on is their timely response and update keeping us informed. When you get older you will understand it's importance.

• Dev Post

Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing. For this reason we brought the servers down and started exploring if we could fix it live, without a patch (we can!).

We believe we can get this issue resolved and get the servers back online within about 45 minutes from the time of my post (hopefully sooner!). I will continue to pass on updates as I have them, thanks everyone.

-eric

Alright friends, let's talk about why we had the emergency maintenance. There was an issue that when someone in certain zones completed a Mission and hit the accept button to complete it, they would receive the rewards but the Mission wouldn't actually complete. This meant someone could infinitely hit the accept button over and over again and reap those rewards.

This created a bad situation for two reasons. First, it was extremely exploitable. Two, someone could get stuck where they couldn't progress because of their Mission not completing. For this reason we brought the servers down and started exploring if we could fix it live, without a patch (we can!).

We believe we can get this issue resolved and get the servers back online within about 45 minutes from the time of my post (hopefully sooner!). I will continue to pass on updates as I have them, thanks everyone.

-eric

good to know eric

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric. Will the cheaters be sanctioned for this? Or will there be a rollback?

-eric

Heh, someone on Dromand Kaas was reporting this exact issue in gen chat, I had a strong suspicion that this was the issue.

I'd say this was a VERY good reason to bring the servers down and I am very thankful you can fix it without a patch! Thanks for the timely updates!

Thanks for the double CXP weekend due to Bioware's coding mistake. More of these types of things to make it up to players when developers mess up will go a long way to help the community to over look things like an update 2 days after an update.