Deception Nerf

srtyab

Assassin / Shadow

The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:

4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

Thanks for screwing us Bioware. Appreciated.

This is completely unnecessary, recklessness granting three crits for each attack style was perfectly fine considering the crap tactical available to deception assassins. Please give us a useful tactical if you’re going to nerf our good set.

This is completely unnecessary, recklessness granting three crits for each attack style was perfectly fine considering the crap tactical available to deception assassins. Please give us a useful tactical if you’re going to nerf our good set.

agreed. We were already just middle of the pack dps wise. Now, not sure what will happen.

Assassin / Shadow

The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:

4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

Thanks for screwing us Bioware. Appreciated.

Also:

Deception / Infiltration

Crackling Blasts / Deep Impact critical damage bonus increased from 5% to 20%

Dominating Slashes / Prevailing Strikes now increases the damage of Voltaic Slash and Reaping Strike by 20%

Surging Charge / Shadow Technique does an additional 30% damage

I like how you conveniently left out the part where every rotational skill damage, except maul, was buffed.

Edited by Ottoattack

Also:

Deception / Infiltration

Crackling Blasts / Deep Impact critical damage bonus increased from 5% to 20%

Dominating Slashes / Prevailing Strikes now increases the damage of Voltaic Slash and Reaping Strike by 20%

Surging Charge / Shadow Technique does an additional 30% damage

I like how you conveniently left out the part where every rotational skill damage, except maul, was buffed.

and that helps me blow people up in 10 secs, how exactly? here's an idea, stay out of my way in warzones.

and that helps me blow people up in 10 secs, how exactly? here's an idea, stay out of my way in warzones.

As a starter the major nerf, you are talking, is 1 less critic on maul or assassinate. It is 2, but when you factor in the probability of getting a random critic, with upper 40's% critc chance, it is a coin toss. And of course, you again conveniently leave out that discharge and lightning ball will critic harder (8.57% more damage in critic to be exact) and RS does 20% more damage. And these are a part of the 10 sec blow up, as you call it. So, in that 10 sec you maybe be seeing a 5-10% overall less damage?

See, math helps. Pulling stuff out of your *** cuz you do not read does not. And obviously, BW wants to lower dec. burst capacity, specifically cuz you are not supposed to blow people in 6-7 GCDs, which based on the balance changes, is barely impacted. And of course, overall damage is increased... so if you are not fighting dumb people who will die in 6-7 GCDs, cuz they have not heard of DCDs, you are better off.

Edited by Ottoattack

You’re crying because you can blow people up without actually trying? I beat if you got killed once playing a sin you would start complaining about how it isn’t fair that sin defenses suck.

You’re crying because you can blow people up without actually trying? I beat if you got killed once playing a sin you would start complaining about how it isn’t fair that sin defenses suck.

well they do, but no I've died piles of times and killed piles of times, been playing since launch lol. Didn't cry once. I'm just lamenting the loss of those sweet player tears. The smell of their fear. It was awesome while it lasted. Bioware is cutting off my sugar supply :( I'll still blow people up but, i can't humiliate them quite as much. Can't blame a girl for being sad about that.

I also love how, say mercs, have been retardly op for years, and nothing is ever done. And the second assassins are dangerous, they nerf us.

Edited by srtyab

I am all for redistribution of damage if it will make deception competitive in pve parses.

Yea, that's a fair argument to make, assuming they were treating everyone equally. They aren't. At best, as a class, we're middle of the pack damage wise. What are they doing to the top parsing specs? absolutely nothing . . .if you going to balance classes, balance them all, not just the one that makes people upset, is my point.

My vengeance jugg, for example, has better damage, better survivability, and much stronger cooldowns, i destroy stuff on her, and they're getting buffed . .lol, like, where's the logic?

Edited by srtyab

Yea, that's a fair argument to make, assuming they were treating everyone equally. They aren't. At best, as a class, we're middle of the pack damage wise. What are they doing to the top parsing specs? absolutely nothing . . .if you going to balance classes, balance them all, not just the one that makes people upset, is my point.

My vengeance jugg, for example, has better damage, better survivability, and much stronger cooldowns, i destroy stuff on her, and they're getting buffed . .lol, like, where's the logic?

As a starter, it is not true regarding survivability. While Dec cannot face tank stuff with DCDs, the extremely high constant base armor and (about 42% with utilities + embrace the darkness) shroud and vanish makes you able not only to handle random spikes, but cheese off mechanics better than veng. Veng is better veteran FP tank and open world. This is about it in PvE. I would not even try to compare them in PvP. Dec is way stronger than Veng.

As for damage, Veng is solid, with great AOE. No question it should be stronger in a raid if you need AOE damage. If you need burst, Dec. is better. Veng is semi dot. It is expected to parse higher. Hatred parses higher than either. Does this mean we should all play Hatred?

Bottom line, Dec losses a bit of burst, gains like 5% overall damage. I agree with BW, 6 successive guaranteed critic is too much.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand why Bioware keeps picking on Deception/Infiltration spec all the time, it isn't necessary, considering sins don't have the best survivability ratio, we need that extra boost of damage to make up for it. Edited by RaithHarth

I have been playing since Beta and seriously had a gut full off all this crap focus on needing classes and farm spots (yes everyone farms something for RRP and CXP and XP whether it’s mats or dailies or the entrance to an operation

I love this game but if they spent more time focusing on fixing game bugs, improving stability and providing more decent quality content the sub base would be getting bigger rather than smaller

Just my two credits worth