Imperial Agent vs. Smuggler Class Story (no spoilers)

Ononion

In my opinion, the Agent story is better. Act One of the Smuggler story is amazing (Ord Mantell/Coruscant as a Smuggler might be my favorite part of the game, although I could be viewing it with rose-colored glasses; Smuggler was my first character in beta, and you never forget your first!), but from there it kind of falls off in quality a bit. I heard that they had different writers working on the Smuggler story, whereas the Agent story is pretty much 100% Alexander Freed. Edited by raelimar

I haven't played the Smuggler yet but I can attest to the Agent story being amazing. Hell just rolling an agent to see the story is probably worth it. It takes the Intel work more seriously then games based solely on Intel Work...which is odd but props to the Writer.:D

I am at the end of chapter 2 with my IA (but I have not quite finish) and I never played my smuggler farther than the prologue so I can say two things:

IA story is amazing. I played a 50 SI (whose story has bad reputation okay) and it's not remotely comparable.

The smuggler story (for the prologue) is good (not awesome but good) but more than the story, it's the dialogue that are really cool. I think it's the difference between the two classes (IA has good dialogue but not as memorable).

• 2 years later...

I think both are as good as each other

Smuggler - you are basically Han Soloing it - without ruining any of the story, that is how you could look at it, that is the style of story - Correllian Ales, Women/Men, a fast ship and a good blaster at your side - proper swaggering and having fun whilst being in the right amount of trouble.

Agent - completely different type of story and character - working for Imperial Intelligence is utterly different from being a Smuggler - this is the Empire, its way more sinister and serious.

If anything I would say Bounty Hunter is closer to the Smuggler story, Agent is in a world of it's own

Either one you roll, I hope you have as much fun as I had

I think both stories are good, but I do like the Smuggler better. The Agent story has some amazing moments, but taking the story as a whole, it makes absolutely no sense. The final Agent boss is a joke, by far the least threatening boss of the 8.

The Agent story has you play as a stooge and/or pawn of the Sith Empire. As I said parts of the story are really fun, but

I found myself defecting on both my agents because I found the idea of any reasonable person continuing to serve the Empire ridiculous

I think both are as good as each other

Smuggler - you are basically Han Soloing it - without ruining any of the story, that is how you could look at it, that is the style of story - Correllian Ales, Women/Men, a fast ship and a good blaster at your side - proper swaggering and having fun whilst being in the right amount of trouble.

Agent - completely different type of story and character - working for Imperial Intelligence is utterly different from being a Smuggler - this is the Empire, its way more sinister and serious.

If anything I would say Bounty Hunter is closer to the Smuggler story, Agent is in a world of it's own

Either one you roll, I hope you have as much fun as I had

it's because they both can use 2 blaster ;)

Agent the best class story in the game if you can come up with a good character. Smuggler is much more comedic, but I enjoyed it. I leveled my first Smuggler to 50 with my friend who leveled his Trooper to 50 so we were always amused at the Smuggler lines.

Does the smuggler ever actually smuggle anything?

Minor spoilers:

My memory is a little foggy but you start the game my smuggling weapons to Ord Mantell and then smuggle explosives on Ord Mantell. Then throughout chapter one you help Risha deliver questionably legal things I suppose.

In all fairness, Han Solo never really smuggled anything in the original films. Unless you count hiding from Imperials as smuggling himself. :p

um.. the first thing han solo does is smuggle luke and obi wan off world.

anyways, no, the smuggler doesnt really smuggle stuff. a class title of treasure hunter would probably have been more fitting.