HK-51 Unlock?

Athena-Nike

The recent patch notes say "Completing HK-51's mission chain now automatically unlocks the faction-appropriate HK-51 Legacy perk. " does that mean if you get HK-51 as a level 50 Sith you unlock him for all level 1+ Empire characters, but still have to buy his unlock for all reps? Or just unlocks him for that ONE level 50 character?

I got him last week, but still have to pay 1,000,000 for him on my new BH

If you only got him as an Imperial: You can't purchase him on Republic. Vice-Versa applies too.

It was a nerf. You could buy him on Republic characters even if you only unlocked him on imperial characters. You cannot do it without unlocking him on the respective faction, now.

Edited by Lexlo

Says it unlocks the "perk" not the quest line. You gotta be 50 to get into Section X. So I don't think it's saying that you can go get HK on a lvl 1 character.

Each of the companions you get to full affection you gain like 1% endurance or strength or whatever added to your total stats on that specific character. I'm betting that HK just provides one buff across all your legacy or something like that.

If you only got him as an Imperial: You can't purchase him on Republic. Vice-Versa applies too.

It was a nerf. You could buy him on Republic characters even if you only unlocked him on imperial characters. You cannot do it without unlocking him on the respective faction, now.

What? That's freakin stupid. Already got enough 50s on pub side so was doing the quest to have him to level on imp toons. Bleh, figures they'd do something stupid like that.

Oh man, if you're right (and I'm not saying I don't believe you,) you've just killed my enthusiasm for this character. I am NOT doing all that crap again on an Imp toon.

Guess my imps won't have HK for a loooong time then. Such stupidity in these choices BW...

Ya I just checked it out. Doing the quest at 50 unlocks HK for that level 50 and gives you the ability to purchase him for other toons.

However, buying him on a toon only lets you use him FOR THAT TOON. Costs 1,000,000 creds per character you want to use him on, it does not unlock him for that entire faction. Well that was a waste of time and creds, hes cool but not THAT cool....

• 1 year later...

Question. I'm level 50 but haven't done Section X.

I am also a subscriber, so I have access.

If I don't wish to hunt for all his pieces, if I buy the Cartel unlock, does that mean I can then just hire him as a companion right away? Or does this just unlock access to Section X for Non-Subscribers?

Obviously Treek is a full unlock, but his price tag makes that clear. Thanks in advance for your time, guys!