Commando Gunnery in duel of fates (EV HM)

I have a commando gunnery specced alt with 4 pieces of rakata gear (lvl 49 purples implants/ ear pieces) and I seem always hit the enrage timer on the 1v1 duels :-/ before on my main (sentinel watchman) i didnt have half the gear I had but the fight was a cakewalk.

I think the main issue is with ammo management where half way through the fight I would have ammo left and will be basically using normal attacks with the occasional grav round to refresh the amour debuff with a demo round if I can spare it...

Any tips and tricks will be helpful.

Uhm I've never had trouble with those... Most of the time you won't kill them first due to the interrupts, but you should be nowhere near the enrage timer...

What can I say? Fight your mob with your back against the wall, don't lose time healing yourself, it's useless. Try to get a feeling for the timing of the interrupt and of the knockback and use charged rounds instead of grav rounds in those moments. Use relics, weave in your rotation hammer shots if you're going under 6-7 ammo, use reserve powercell first in that case and use it on a full auto cast, use recharge cells if you still have trouble keeping up with ammo...

If you still can't kill them in time perhaps you have gear problems or other problems... A high crit rate helps in keeping the ammo generation up, 4 piece pve set will help as well due to the added crits on grav round and the now free HIB.

That's it really.