Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

Fully tested? It was working fine before someone made the call to change it. I see no reason why it should be delayed.

Because the code was changed.

And the codebase itself is now different.

That is how development works. . .

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there folks,

I just wanted to step in and post to inform you that the ship Training Dummies are slated to scale to your level again in Game Update 2.2.1. The fix for this hasn't been fully tested, so if anything comes up that moves it to a later patch, I'll be sure to post here and let you know!

:ph_cheers:

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Don't think is bug is fixed. The Operations Training Dummy on my L50 character's ship is still L55.

PNs: Warzone Training Dummies on personal starships once again scale to the player’s level.

I am not sure if the Op dummies ever scaled before, I thought I heard it did not but I could be wrong. I know the WZ one did as I had it. Hopefully it is corrected.

PNs: Warzone Training Dummies on personal starships once again scale to the player’s level.

I am not sure if the Op dummies ever scaled before, I thought I heard it did not but I could be wrong. I know the WZ one did as I had it. Hopefully it is corrected.

Well Amber used the phrase "Training Dummies", which I assume means both the ops and the pvp dummies will scale.

I just wanted to step in and post to inform you that the ship Training Dummies are slated to scale to your level again in Game Update 2.2.1.

They did scale before. However, it was less useful since you generally didn't fight Operations bosses while leveling — and not enough to worry about training on them.

At the same time, I could see that it remains an issue for level 50s training for level 50 Ops. But this is outside my personal sphere of concern, so I would have to leave it to someone more affected by it to properly campaign to the devs. :)

Hello there folks,

I just wanted to step in and post to inform you that the ship Training Dummies are slated to scale to your level again in Game Update 2.2.1. The fix for this hasn't been fully tested, so if anything comes up that moves it to a later patch, I'll be sure to post here and let you know!

Thanks for the update, and thanks for (partially) addressing this issue. It's nice to see that the people who whine about Bioware not listening to the player base are for the most part incorrect. ;).

Hello there folks,

Hey Amber, the Ops dummy scales, but the Warzone dummy did not. FYI.

Um, no... the other way around, the Warzone dummy scales but the Operations one does not.

I only have the Ops one unlocked and it's pretty useless for most of my characters, only my 55's can use it efficiently.

Even my lvl 51 Gunslinger barely hits it...

So is this going to be adjusted or will only the Warzone dummy scale to level?

• 4 weeks later...

I brought my girlfriend onto my ship yesterday to practice her rotation, but lo and behold, my ops dummy is level 55. I had thought this was fixed, and checking back in this thread it was slated for 2.2.1. So, I looked at the patch notes and the only dummy that's mentioned is the warzone dummy.

As the poster above asks, was this intended to exclude the operations dummy in the fix? It doesn't make much sense to fix one and not the other.

Edited by MillionsKNives

I brought my girlfriend onto my ship yesterday to practice her rotation, but lo and behold, my ops dummy is level 55. I had thought this was fixed, and checking back in this thread it was slated for 2.2.1. So, I looked at the patch notes and the only dummy that's mentioned is the warzone dummy.

As the poster above asks, was this intended to exclude the operations dummy in the fix? It doesn't make much sense to fix one and not the other.

Dude, before 55 there is no difference on what dummy you practice your rotation - WZ or OPS, so even if they did half of a work, that is no worries.

P.S. And a little bit of sexism: she has to practice her rotation at the kitchen, not on your ship xD (no offence)

Edited by SKPTK

Dude, before 55 there is no difference on what dummy you practice your rotation - WZ or OPS, so even if they did half of a work, that is no worries.

P.S. And a little bit of sexism: she has to practice her rotation at the kitchen, not on your ship xD (no offence)

Except that I only bought the operations dummy. I have no interest in buying the warzone dummy as well.

Sad, dude, that is sad :( They need to make more clear description on that thing...

It originally scaled, and they have so far fixed the Warzone one, so clearly the intent is for it to scale. I don't see how changing the description would fix this, aside from simply ignoring an issue that they've already taken the time to fix for the other dummy.

• 4 months later...
Yeah I have the same problem it was a total waste of my cartell coins. I dont have a lvl 55 char yet. It should be scaleable or there should be a way to turn down the level manually or something. It is completely useless to me this way. I tried attacking it i dont even scratch its armor.

• 3 months later...
I just think that issues should be prioritized. Since the Dummy serves no purpose sub-55, I would rate this issue low on priority is all.

Actually it does server a purpose. Working out your rotation when you change builds. For this reason the Ships dummy should be adjustable by the user. If you can purchase health modulators and armor reduction modulators then why not level modulators?.

Seems like someone didn't think this though very well.