DP Bestia HM Purple Circles?!?

The small red circles are now light-purple and almost impossible to see. Especially for something that almost one-shots ya. This change was unnecessary and stupid. Plus we have colorblind people who actually died, sat there and can't see it. They barely see the movement and that's with a nice computer.

This needs to change back! (or to something else more discernible). Unacceptable, especially without a colorblind mode!!!

I heavily disagree, I have played with game on settings from Very High (home computer) to Very Low (school computer) and I have never had any issues with seeing these purple circles under my feets. I do understand that for people that are unfamiliar with the mechanics on Hardmode Bestia will find it troublesome but you have to see how this is the concept of "hardmode". You are not supposed to be able to stand on one spot the entire fight and do dummy DPS, if you keep one eye on your character you will easily be able to see if there is a circle starting to spawn under your, the animation is very easy to nice, regardless if you see the color of it or not.

Basically, you have to improve your raid awareness, I can understand how this is hard from the perspective of someone who is colorblind but if you can have someone standing a bit behind you they can help to call you out if one is spawning and you can fast pop a movement cool down and get out of it, taking only one hit (which you will survive, unless your tanks are doing something wrong or your healers are slacking).

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I heavily disagree, I have played with game on settings from Very High (home computer) to Very Low (school computer) and I have never had any issues with seeing these purple circles under my feets. I do understand that for people that are unfamiliar with the mechanics on Hardmode Bestia will find it troublesome but you have to see how this is the concept of "hardmode". You are not supposed to be able to stand on one spot the entire fight and do dummy DPS, if you keep one eye on your character you will easily be able to see if there is a circle starting to spawn under your, the animation is very easy to nice, regardless if you see the color of it or not.

Basically, you have to improve your raid awareness, I can understand how this is hard from the perspective of someone who is colorblind but if you can have someone standing a bit behind you they can help to call you out if one is spawning and you can fast pop a movement cool down and get out of it, taking only one hit (which you will survive, unless your tanks are doing something wrong or your healers are slacking).

Ya, talking about colors, not mechanics... I'm min-maxed full 78(180) set pieces... been here done this...

umm he is talking about the fact they changed the color of the pools this patch

Yup

• 2 weeks later...
Also noted that several times in that fight I got the AoE corruption seed, and while it was still counting down got the pool dropped on me. Very difficult to see light-red/pink cloud underneath the additional bright red circle/reticule. Essentially I just started slow-kiting the countdown AoE to make sure I didn't get screwed with another ninja pool - and it left the pools back outside of the normal raid kill zone.

Also noted that several times in that fight I got the AoE corruption seed, and while it was still counting down got the pool dropped on me. Very difficult to see light-red/pink cloud underneath the additional bright red circle/reticule. Essentially I just started slow-kiting the countdown AoE to make sure I didn't get screwed with another ninja pool - and it left the pools back outside of the normal raid kill zone.

When it comes to the seed its better to watch your debuffs than rely on seeing the circle under you. Especially if you're a melee. I'm pretty sure they made the change for this exact reason that it will 1 shot you in NiM so they didn't want them to be the same texture.

you know... that's a good point. I actualy found circles to be easier to see, mainly because they render so brightly on my computer compared to old darker red and because since they are a different color, so that you can see one forming under you even if you have that other red circle on you. (and dear maker she loves to do that... )

but they are kinda magenta now and that can be harder/impossible for a colorblind person to see.

I'm sure there are ways to make them more visible. maybe making animation of one forming a bit more obvious?

I have red/green colour deficiency and the new pool colour is actually easier for me to see than the previous version, so in the end, the change is an improvement from my perspective.

Do not ask me to tell you whether a square in the minefield in Explosive Conflict is safe to enter, or only good to be defused. I have no idea what happens in that fight and rely on the rest of my team to provide me with verbal instructions when necessary.