Operations Compendium

I decided to make this thread to try to compile some of my thoughts, and help some of the other guilds that are looking to raid. I will not claim that my info is 100% perfect, that's where I rely on any of you guy with additional experience to help fill in the gaps for me.

General Info

• The game has 3 Operations modes: Normal, Hard, Nightmare

• Normal mode ops are made to be done in quest greens and be puggable.

• The Operations are tuned for 8 and 16 man groups.

• The lockouts are done by boss and not by size/group....So if you do a 16 man group one night and don't have enough the next night you can continue your raid as an 8 man group.

• Normal 8 and 16 share a lockout...Hard/nightmare 8 and 16 share a lockout - Noroimuja

Operations Available

Eternity Vault

Bosses:

• Annihilation Droid XRR-3

• Gharj

• Ancient Pylons

• Infernal Council

• Soa - The Infernal One

Karagga's Palace

Bosses:

• Bonethrasher

• 3 more promised this month

Loot

• Gear dropped in normal mode operations is auto-assigned by the system.

• Gear dropped in hard/nightmare modes have non-removable mods and "built-in" barrels, hilts, and armoring.

• However, mods of equivalent level drop in the zone allow you to still build your own custom gear.

Let me know what I am missing and I will update this thread accordingly.

Edited by sithlordmauler

This information is what I was looking for. One question, I heard there was 24man operations, is this true?

Also if Normal is for Greens and Pugging, the Hardmodes are they designed for an Organzed group thats not fully geared or is that very gear dependent?

This information is what I was looking for. One question, I heard there was 24man operations, is this true?

I have not heard this personally.

Also if Normal is for Greens and Pugging, the Hardmodes are they designed for an Organzed group thats not fully geared or is that very gear dependent?

From what I gather, the intent is that hard mode is the starting point progression of organized groups.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been 50 for a bit now and totally lost. It took me a while to figure out via general spam how I trade in pvp tokens for other pvp tokens and now that I'm interested in tanking instances I can't figure out where or how to get quests for anything other than the hard mode or normal mode of flashpoints that all leave out of the space dock.

Where/what are operations that I hear about and how do I get tokens for them for gear and...well..*** I'm lost.