Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

i don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but there is a video interview with gabe amatangelo! some very intresting info!
now... it's deffinetly NOT certainty at all.. but it gives some small glimmer of hope <3!

WHOA! :eek: I was totally RIGHT! HA HA! Suck it naysayers! SGR WITH MAKEB! :cool:

BTW - Amazing catch ganondorq! All props to you. :D

Edited by losdia

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA! :eek: I was totally RIGHT! HA HA! Suck it naysayers! SGR WITH MAKEB! :cool:

BTW - Amazing catch ganondorq! All props to you. :D

thank you ^_^. i nearly fell out of my seat when i heard it lol. thanks to the guy on mmo-champion for linking it in a sgra thread or i might not have seen it.

I'm not gonna get too excited in case he turns out to be wrong, especially as he said "I think" but YAY if he's right! Hopefully with at least semi confirmation that it is coming with Makeb we might see a post in here soon elaborating from one of the CR's/Devs.

I wouldn't hold my breath for SGR's because to me it seems like they threw the story pillar out of the window with the F2P model. Sure there will be Makeb but after that? and what about class stories? Doesn't look so good.

Sorry for being so pessimistic :p

Edited by Skorz

I wouldn't hold my breath for SGR's because to me it seems like they threw the story pillar out of the window with the F2P model. Sure there will be Makeb but after that? and what about class stories? Doesn't look so good.

Sorry for being so pessimistic :p

Considering Makeb isn't class stories, any same-sex content wrapped up with is most likely just going to be the usual NPC [Flirt] options, rather than anything lasting and interesting with companions. The only companion they've advertised is HK-51, so they aren't going to have any with Makeb - if they do bring companions with Makeb, I'd be very surprised.

After a several month absence, I've just reactivated my account tonight. It's been really nice to read this thread and see is still going. That people are still passionate about SGRs even today. That kind of enthusiasm is contagious and awesome to see!

I will say this: Everything I said in my FAQ I stand by and it may get updated here soon. I have the document as it is seen on my link saved onto my computer. If you are curious about my FAQ, please check out the link in my signature. :D

Welcome back!

The only news we have had since the guild summit is this new maybe-snippet regarding Makeb. But we have been told that in spite of all changes since, the two statements we have still stand, that is SGRs are still on the way and they still hope to get us something this year.

And your FAQ is linked to in the sigs of many of our regulars here, so it has by no means been lost or forgotten.

Considering Makeb isn't class stories, any same-sex content wrapped up with is most likely just going to be the usual NPC [Flirt] options, rather than anything lasting and interesting with companions. The only companion they've advertised is HK-51, so they aren't going to have any with Makeb - if they do bring companions with Makeb, I'd be very surprised.

Makeb ties in to all class stories, without advancing them individually. So, other than HK-51, I don't see any new companions coming from it. So, if there is SGR content with Makeb, then that would be with the companions we already know (yay!). I find same-gender [Flirt] prompts less likely, not that they wouldn't be welcome. But again, waiting until 50/Makeb to even be able to [Flirt] would be unfortunate.

The "maybe?" factor is here, yes. But think that it does tally with what we know: next slice of any story content is coming with Makeb and, so far as we have not been told otherwise for all of our clamorous cage-rattling, SGRs are still slated for this year, it is indeed a hopeful sign. Now, if someone from the Writing Team (Mr. Hall Hood, I am looking at you) would give us a yea or nay, that would of course be more definite.

Edited by Uluain

He also called Makeb "the next update", so it's back to waiting for Left Hand to meet Right Hand and ask "sup?"

People can't agree what "content" means. He may mean the next update with PvP content, which would be the next warzone, or he may just not know how this stuff is being bundled.

What he does seem certain of on this that SGRs are happening, the material is being worked on to the extent that he knows they are talking about how to include it. Set the details of how and when aside because that's what he admits he doesn't know. He seems not to be in doubt that SGRs are there in the chute waiting to make it into the game.

Edited by Uluain

He also called Makeb "the next update", so it's back to waiting for Left Hand to meet Right Hand and ask "sup?"

1.4 Is in open beta now, to most of the devs that means they're done with it. I would assume he at least heard about SGR at some meeting of team leaders where they were outlining goals for the next update.

On another point, I hope he doesn't get fired for leaking information it seems like BW really didn't want out there. That would be very uncool of EA/BW.

i don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but there is a video interview with gabe amatangelo! some very intresting info!
now... it's deffinetly NOT certainty at all.. but it gives some small glimmer of hope <3!

Good news, everyone! :D

I hope this is accurate.

And, um... Makeb is the next scheduled update, after 1.4, right? Which, if content every six weeks is accurate, would place it in the first half of November? Or maybe F2P and Cathar in November, and Makeb near the end of December? :rak_02:

That phrasing scares me. After all this silence and half-answers, I now find myself over-analyzing every minute piece of phrasing. Something about him saying it's "in Makeb" sets off all sorts of paranoid alarm bells in my head. Someone please reassure me that Bioware wouldn't take the easy way out and only integrate them after level 50 for only the duration of one planet. :(

I don't know if SGRA will actually be in the same update as Makeb, but at least we have definite confirmation that they are being worked on. He didn't falter at all about that point, just that he wasn't sure when they were coming out.

That makes me happy. One of the stories I'm most interested in is the Sith warrior and I have been waiting for SGRA before I play that character. She would be far too adorable with Vette to start playing now.

That phrasing scares me. After all this silence and half-answers, I now find myself over-analyzing every minute piece of phrasing. Something about him saying it's "in Makeb" sets off all sorts of paranoid alarm bells in my head. Someone please reassure me that Bioware wouldn't take the easy way out and only integrate them after level 50 for only the duration of one planet. :(

I just took him saying "in Makeb" as interoffice jargon for "in patch 1.5." Who knows though, BW has never confirmed SGR would be on existing companions. Sure they're only promoting HK-51, but they've never said he is the only companion coming with Makeb. Since BW has show they don't want to talk about this, if they were adding new companions for SGR I doubt they'd talk about it at this point.

Since BW has show they don't want to talk about this, if they were adding new companions for SGR I doubt they'd talk about it at this point.

Bioware have a really strange way of giving out information. They seem to have an awful lot of maybes, ifs and buts. I realise this is part of the wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey nature of programming, but I remember reading about HK-51 and the associated quests to get him and how Bioware can't even give us a definite answer to: do we need a 50 of one faction and mid-level of another? even though it's something that they brought up.

I personally think that if Bioware did have new companions planned for the release of Makeb, they wouldn't shut up about them.

It's Makeb you get... uh... a baby Hutt companion! Little... Slimer! (yeah) wants to see the Galaxy before settling to run the family slave farming business!

Also... Jeff!

It's Makeb you get... uh... a baby Hutt companion! Little... Slimer! (yeah) wants to see the Galaxy before settling to run the family slave farming business!

Also... Jeff!

Man, this me feel like an idiot. I just realized I would totally pay real money for a baby hutt of my very own. :o

Is there a release date for Makeb? If not, I wonder if Makeb will come out around the same time as MoP, as direct competition for it. I can imagine they might want to reserve some of their most compelling content for the update in that regard. SGRAs (along with a lot of other stuff) might have been held in reserve for that.

Mists of Panderia is coming out on the 25th of this month (actually this month as well, September), so if Bioware wanted Makeb to rival it, they must be doing a lot of in-house testing on the planet and quests and not releasing it on the PTS. 1.4 is sitting on the PTS right now; with two weeks of testing it'll come to live on the 24th (25th realistically for patch).

It's more likely that Makeb would be late October or early November, that is if Bioware wants to start approaching a consistent and faster release schedule (content every six weeks, remember?)

Current companions v. new companions is one of the oldest points which they have left in doubt, dating to Stephen Reid's comments a year ago:

We can't guarantee that a character you play at launch would have romance options 'unlocked' for an existing companion. It's something that will be taken into consideration when making design decisions. Not a promise it'll happen, but we'll take that feedback and relay it through to design.

That implies, however, that it was then still at least feasible in theory. Again, last March, Daniel Erickson hinted that which companions would include SGR had been in mind all along:

There are romance arcs that we wanted to do that didn't make it in the game, we knew which characters (I'm not gonna tell you)...

I firmly believe that as much of a fiasco this decision to make SGR post-launch content, it would be worse than short-sighted to introduce it solely with new companions. Given that they knew a year ago that this was a point that there was strong opinion regarding and given that Mr. Erickson seemed to think we'd know the characters if he disclosed them, I am fairly confident that SGRs, if they do in fact come this year, will be with existing companions.

But if it is Makeb, and Makeb is only available through, say, the Cartel shop, well... Pay-2-Gay would be a bad thing.

I guess we'll know if a fortnight, then.

On comments on quality and inclusiveness, I confess I'm not too worried. Right from the first word about the inclusion of SGRAs the official word has been that it was left out for time and budgeting reasons and, more importantly, that they want to do the matter justice. 'We know it's important to people; we want to do it right' and so on. Perhaps it's a little excessively optimistic of me but I think that if they tried to go ahead and push some dodgy half-baked content in to appease the masses (ie. us) that the backlash would be pretty tremendous.

Here's another thought I just had in my head: Lots of people have been saying things like, 'Bleh on SGRAs, why bother? The OGRA content is pretty poor as is,' (which for the record I don't agree with). Perhaps one of the reasons this is taking so damn long is because those are being reworked, too. This whole matter might not be just a delay due to SGRAs being worked up to the same level as OGRAs. If on a scale of content chunkiness the SGRAs are currently at a 7 maybe they're working to make both SGRAs and OGRAs more like a 9 before it all gets put in together.

Pure supposition, I have nothing to support it, but it's worth thinking about. And if you're right about release in October or November, Tatile... Well, I think I can deal with waiting for that.

Edited by Kioma