Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

This thread delivers... Thank you sooooo much, OP. Very awesome.

I am baffled by those who can find someone attractive who:

1.) No joke: has a green, fly ridden fart funk that emanates from him in the cargo hold of my ship. --> Liz Lemon says, "That's a Deal Breaker, ladies."

2.) Has Damian, that's right, son of Lucifer, eyeballs.

3.) Wants to rub forearms and go to creepy keys-in-a-hat bug "parties". That does not sound like it ends well, particularly for me.

He's nice? They should give us a puppy for nice...

I picture my "hard on the outside/soft on the inside" Female IA being suckered for the Body Type 3 guy, with it always ending in heartbreak she has to bury... Vector looks like the "Let's be friends; you walk about in a green haze and that is gross" mold.

OP, please post more. You make me laugh... :)

Hah :D Yeah the OP sounds like someone I'm ready to be friends with. Hilarious. If only searched worked then we could stalk all her posts!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its more of a problem that the only lightside char is a male which means I cant romance any of the girls. Because they are either hopelessly tied to the empire and the sith or just psychopathic. I swear kaliyo gets -1 atleast once each dialgue i have. If I could dump her on a rock and change to some other sane companion I would do it in an instant.

Ensign Temple is quite clearly light side - yeah she likes the Empire and the Sith but she also hates cruelty and violence.

Couldn't agree more about Kaliyo...I would be happy to swap her for some stims lol, if I get a chance to kill her then I won't think twice either.

I don't get the hate for Kaliyo...I find her hilarious and fun. So far she's the only one that gave me real quests where I had to go out and do things. On a story level she is my favorite companion. I've never been very fond of Vector either...but I'm nice to him because I like getting the companion quests, even if they're short.

And Temple is definitely very light side-ish. Just don't trash the Empire in front of her. I have to ditch her whenever I want to kill someone.

Edited by chuixupu

I think Vector's adorable. And I regularly kill everyone and everything and the affection point hit I take is minimal. Buy him a shiny space rock and you can commit as many genocides as you want :rolleyes:. I do find my inability to 'Ms. Bond' my way through my IA storyline a little irritating. Guys get so many shag options it's not even funny!

By marrying him/encouraging his diplomacy you get an armada of alien insects that freak the heck out of the Empire on your side. That's just smart thinking imo. He's also one of the few romance companions who I think would always have your back no matter what you do (unless you firebomb his native hive, and even then he might eventually get over it)

best thread in this forum so far :D

laughed my arse off.

im a male player and play a male IA so i get to play like friggin James Bond, atm it feels like i get 2 Girls per planet XD (just joking, but after lvl20 you really are good to go)

too bad Kaliyo is soo creepy, the only good thing about her is that we decided at some point she can go for any other man she wants and so can i have fun whenever i want.

but my IA leans to more to the darkside (4000 to 100 atm) will there be another DS companion besides Kaliyo? because i get bored of her anarchist attitude (was quite sure she would stab me at some point)

I think most of people here who are screaming "Vector is horrible!!! I will stop playing my female IA, he's too straaange!" didn't even start the romance at all and don't know the character AT ALL.

It's so stupid to say that you will stop playing just because someone made a topic about how strange is such or such character. PLAY AND SEE YOURSELF!!!

Ok he's strange, and he's a JOINER, not a bugman, ok? he's a human who communicates spiritually with Killiks. He's liked "possessed". And I'm a girl, I'm romancing him, and I totally love that character!

Kaliyo is a good friend if you're a girl but she's just rude and vulgar. Vector is polite, charming and intelligent, and he's "light side" like my character so I'm happy with this romance. If you don't like his black eyes, etc, you can still customize him to make him look normal.

So stop let the others tell you what to think about a character and see it yourself, play the game, discover the character better, and maybe you'll end up appreciate him.

I love Vector to pieces. His personality is unique, he agrees with all my Light decisions, he's poetic, romantic, good looking, cultured and has a posh accent. I had a better relationship with Vector after three levels than that vulgar anarchist Kaliyo after thirty.

And I can't romance him because I play a guy. When they fix this (there is no "if") I hope they grandfather it. *sighs*

I totally agree with you!

Edited by Evolvana

I'm in the camp of those who love the Vector romance. Originally I found it a bit weird that he was a Joiner, because I was concerned "how can he love me when most of his consciousness is with the hive?" But then he was still sweet and funny and adorable, and in my head he helped encourage my agent to be a better person and maybe not be as ruthless as she could be. No, it's not a more conventional relationship, but its uniqueness is what makes it special to me. Edited by Capella

Please don't. Not every fine guy in the galaxy is a Han Solo. D:

I agree. I am playing an IA and am working on the romance with Vector and I am enjoying every minute (Aside from the quirky convo bugs...) I think he's a great companion, I love the story and everything about it. Sorry you don't like Vector as a romance option, but that doesn't mean everyone thinks it's bad!

Playing a female IA and I do have to agree that Vector is a bit unappealing. I personally love Kaliyo's story and her bad girl attitude. I hope they hurry up and allow the same sex romances because I definitely get that vibe from her :) I am totally digging the storyline for the IA either way. Edited by aquadragon

"Nothing wins a girls heart like bug milk."

I had no idea that there were only heterosexual relationships in this game, I was fully expecting some type of romance option with Kaliyo, just based on some of the stuff she says.

It's disappointing that Vector is only the option for female agents.

If you want a same-sex romance so bad with Kaliyo, just imagine it. Some minutes ago I had that scene where she invited my female IA into a bar then she said she enjoyed herself and had a good time.

You can imagine they did something and that she's attracted. If you want!

Okay, so a few days later, after running around through some grand adventures with our favorite bug boy...and I have to admit that I'm changing my tune.

He *is* endearing and charming for all of the reasons listed all through this thread (especially the protien bar bit). Once I got him away from the actual big bugs, things got a lot better (creepy bugs freak me out irl so that's not really surprising).

I've still not gotten far enough to initiate the actual romance, but it's headed that way. And I don't get negative reactions as I continue to flirt with other NPCs while he's out in the world with me.

So Vector, good job. I think you've converted me.

(and really, if he has no problem with my solid red eyes, I can't say a thing about his black ones)

Meh still on Vector. I just got to Taris and I am heading to Lokin's location. From what I hear, he becomes a Sniper's best friend.

I used Vector on Alderaan when I got him, but since then, he has been my crafting cabana boy. I am still using a geared up Kaliyo to quest.

I want a pretty girl to romance... When does the same sex romance expansion come out?

I actualy want to play a female just to see this, but i do hope at some point we arent limited to 1 romance with the same character, dont get me wrong i adore Kaylio on my Agent, but i do think that a few other romances have a lot to be desired. So hopefuly with expansions, patches or whatever this will change :)

I was sooooo excited about romances in this game. I love Alistair in DAO and I even suffered through the whining of Anders is DA2. I was so excited to see who would be my next experience. I jumped to alderaan early just to meet my romanceable character.

ONLY TO FIND OUT HE IS A BUGMAN

Srsly? A bug man? what the whaaat!!!! I am a girl, I dont like bugs and I dont like men who are basically a skin over a bug. I frantically searched the internet to check, he must cease being a bugman at some point right????? BIOWARE WOULD NOT FORCE THIS ON ME RIGHT?!?!?!

WRONG

I am so severely disapointed. I thought about dropping my agent all together. The one romance i get is the worst. Boys get to choose Kaliyo or someone else. And I get a real creep. When are same sex relationships coming out? I would rather have anyone than this freak.

First off, I want to thank all the girl gamers out there who are coming out and speaking their mind on DA I/\/T3RW3BZ LULZ.

Second, trust me when I say this: for the males, the only true wishful-viable romance option was Watcher 2/Keeper. The other options we have are... psycho & ugly and ... slightly less psycho & unattractive.

I thought Temple wasn't going to be that bad, but then she goes off to kill her own father. This, in spite of the fact I offer an alternative. I would have preferred if we go out there to get him in hiding and he decided to kill himself to snuff out the shame. But, no, she goes off on her own and adds patricide to her To-Do list.

Also, we males have to

marry a Vossian to get the information we need.

. Which, is disgusting, but we don't have a choice.

The only psycho-chick I liked in the game was that minx from Taris. I've no idea why; she tried to kill me a few dozen times and still....

Again, Watcher 2... she's a keeper (<--- do you see what I did there?) but we are left without. ;->

Ffff, I started an IA chick and I wish with all my heart there was a way to cure Vector from being a bughugger.

The Killiks as a whole just inspire such revulsion and hatred in me...I wish there was an option to exterminate them. 8D

I quite like him. Yah hes different...but that's what makes him unique. Then again i have had pet bugs in the past, so they don't bother me. The idea of him perceiving the world differently than most is interesting to ( and can leave a lot to the imagination on how he perceives you, and how he experiences interacting with you

the scene where you can get him to talk romantic from a joiner perspective, and he goes on describing the flavour of your aura... actually was very endearing

) His re-learning to be human gives him a very innocent sense, at least when romance is involved.

and that moment when you get to see his eyes... wow

So love him, or hate him, i enjoy having ants in my pants.