The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Well, my main is a lvl 55 Shadow tank and at the beginning I really sucked at keeping aggro

but learning by doing and I always said that I was new to the role so we cleared the FP mostly with no problems, except the normal under geared shadow problem which is getting just too much damage.

But it was one time I ran a Cademimu HM FP with a really over geared healer.

So, well I was new and i tried my best but at the big mob at the beginning we wiped cause i got too much damage and died. Well at that point the heal started to talk crap.

As we wiped at the bonus boss an he just insulted me I just quit and put him on ignore.

Another strange event took place when i wanted to run asation with my guild with 2 randoms

we needed 2 random DD's and got 2 jedi sage HEALERS, well, we were lucky to get them but there was no chance to clear the OP especially because both wouldn't come into our TS and lied about knowing that OP.

But the biggest problem of them all ist waiting 2 hours for a FP run with my lvl 48 Gunslinger -.-

This sounds more like complain, there is nothing weird about the healers behaviour. Did you tell everyone before the fight that you are going to do your best but they should not expect much? You just put him on ignore and move on.

Nobody needs to be in TS for a flashpoint, I would find it weird if someone insisted me to join.

This sounds more like complain, there is nothing weird about the healers behaviour. Did you tell everyone before the fight that you are going to do your best but they should not expect much? You just put him on ignore and move on.

Nobody needs to be in TS for a flashpoint, I would find it weird if someone insisted me to join.

Asation is not a flashpoint, its terror from beyond - operation. and yes, for that particular op, it helps to be in teamspeak, especially when you have newer people, who may need mechanics called out to them.

This is not a story of a weird-o I met in an FP, but it does have to do with the subject of most of the posts on this thread.

I had a thought this morning while driving on my hour-long commute to work. Some crazy lady totally cut me off at a 4-way stop (without stopping of course) and as she whizzed by I could see her screaming at me, teeth bared and wild-eyed. This is not uncommon behavior when driving, to yell, curse, even threaten other drivers who "wrong" you by cutting you off, going too slow, whatever. It comes easy, even to the calmest of us.

It's all due to anonymity. We are safe. They don't know us. They can't hear us, or even see us sometimes. So we go off like we would murder them if we could catch them!

Same thing with SWTOR and probably all MMOs We are anonymous and so the rage-quitting, insulting, name calling is free and easy. No identity, no consequence.

You all are like "DUH!" ....................................Sorry to get all philosophical.

(BTW I still think Maras who pull ahead of the tank should be boiled in oil) :D

I learned that I need to both inspect players and not inspect them at the same time.

This was all In a TC SM 16man pug group;

Sin tank no setbonus at all, with 43k HP and accuracy in his gear in some slots.

Jugg veng speced with only three spots having accuracy (implants and earpiece).

40k HP Merc, I cringed seeing his STIMMED aim sit 500 points below his endurance.

PT Dps with tons of crit (every enhancement was accuracy/crit and some mods were crit).

I think the Sin made me cringe the most as he even said "man I miss my setbonus" implying he willing gave up the 61 tier armorings that had setbonus for 72 or 78 tier armorings without them. Yeah sure more armor but the setbonus for Sin Tanks is so useful. The 40k Merc was a close second after I pointed him out to a guildie that got invited with me, he was sitting at like 900 bonus damage for ranged. Which felt way low for someone in 72 and 78 gear, even if it is comm bought as my PT sits really close to the 1k bonus ranged damage marker in a mix of UW 72 and comm bought 78.

~Zen

I learned that I need to both inspect players and not inspect them at the same time.

This was all In a TC SM 16man pug group;

Sin tank no setbonus at all, with 43k HP and accuracy in his gear in some slots.

Jugg veng speced with only three spots having accuracy (implants and earpiece).

40k HP Merc, I cringed seeing his STIMMED aim sit 500 points below his endurance.

PT Dps with tons of crit (every enhancement was accuracy/crit and some mods were crit).

None of that is bad, considering that the fight is supposed to be done with 66 gear on SM mode these people are very well geared up for it.

Probably just your average child playing the game, but anyways:

As you all know, having to redo Hammer Station over and over tends to cause a tick of insanity. Especially when you're levelling your alts. I came across this one [seemful] youngster who insisted that since he was a tank, despite being 5 levels younger than myself, he was the 'leader' of the group. Now, in my time of having to turn Hammer into a daily event, I know every thing, tank or otherwise, that keeps the group alive. He insisted in only aggroing the weak enemies and jumping into the next fight long before the previous was finished, nearly killing the group twice.

Am I the only person who has been paired with these sorts of people? Certainly not the first instance, but I'd rather not write my life story when explaining groups. LOL

Edited by Akraixed

Not a group finder experience, but still bizarre.

I was hanging out on Korriban, doing some recruitment for my guild. Someone /whispered me and wanted to know what our ranking system was, so I said that it was roughly equivalent to a Recruit-Member-Senior Member-Officer system. He/she then wanted to know what it was exactly, so I told them the specific names of the ranks. Then they said they would pass on joining.

It just seems like such a strange reason for not joining a guild. It occurred to me that they might have wanted to know about our PvP ranking, but I was positive she asked about our ranking system and didn't try to correct me when I started talking about guild ranks. Plus, I specifically said in the recruitment message that we're an RP/PvE guild.

There might be a reason for it of which I'm ignorant, but I've never heard of anything like it, and neither had the officer who was recruiting with me.

My main character is a level 55 Marauder. 69/72 geared.

i have a tank guardian who's closing in on level 55.

I figured I'd do some hard mode flashpoints with my main to get some elite commendations or maybe even some gear I could transfer to my tank.

I get into a HM FP, I inspect the tank, he's in 72/78 gear. So I ask "Is it ok if I press need for tanking gear ? I'm here to get stuff for my alt". Nothing in that flashpoint would be an upgrade for me and our tank obviously wouldn't need the 69 loot since he's in 72s/78s, but I figured I would still ask since I don't wanna be a douche. I figured I might be able to skip some 69 level gear on my alt and go straight for 72s with that legacy gear mod transferring thingy.

But obviously I wouldn't even have asked that question if the loot would have been an upgrade for our tank.

Their response ? "Why did you queue as DPS then ?" --> Kick.

Did I violate protocol somehow ? I really don't understand that kick. They didn't even bother to say "Hell no ! You're DPS, you can't press need on any other stuff.", they kicked me right after I asked the question.

My main character is a level 55 Marauder. 69/72 geared.

i have a tank guardian who's closing in on level 55.

I figured I'd do some hard mode flashpoints with my main to get some elite commendations or maybe even some gear I could transfer to my tank.

I get into a HM FP, I inspect the tank, he's in 72/78 gear. So I ask "Is it ok if I press need for tanking gear ? I'm here to get stuff for my alt". Nothing in that flashpoint would be an upgrade for me and our tank obviously wouldn't need the 69 loot since he's in 72s/78s, but I figured I would still ask since I don't wanna be a douche. I figured I might be able to skip some 69 level gear on my alt and go straight for 72s with that legacy gear mod transferring thingy.

But obviously I wouldn't even have asked that question if the loot would have been an upgrade for our tank.

Their response ? "Why did you queue as DPS then ?" --> Kick.

Did I violate protocol somehow ? I really don't understand that kick. They didn't even bother to say "Hell no ! You're DPS, you can't press need on any other stuff.", they kicked me right after I asked the question.

Hell no you didn't do anything wrong. I mean I'm sure if they said no with a valid reason (everyone should greed so that we all get a chance at it or whatever), you would have either respected their wishes or left the group. Though I don't know why people wouldn't want to help someone else out anyway, especially if they couldn't use the gear themselves. It's like asking before a roll if you can need on companion gear, most of the time people will say yes as long as they don't need it, and I've never seen anyone kicked for asking before!

*shrug* I think you just ran into some jerks.

On a lighter note, I ran into an interesting duo during a lowbie Hammer Station run today. They were both from the same guild, one was a Mirialan, the other Human (or maybe Mirialan with a different skin tone). They were both body type 4 and had similar/same face and were dressed Identically (as far as I can remember it was a gladiator top, the Markos Ragnos headgear, and the revan robes), 'cept one was dyed green and the other yellow. Both were named after vegetables. ^^ I thought it was pretty cute.

That said they seemed pretty experienced. I mean the tank was using guard as a treat reducer. I think one of them was waiting for a companion to come back before he would use bioanalysis for the bonus area which was a little odd ^^;; He was counting down for it , 30 seconds, 5 seconds... then decided just to skip it. HAHA. Very friendly though.

Am I the only person who has been paired with these sorts of people? Certainly not the first instance, but I'd rather not write my life story when explaining groups. LOL

No. In fact, I got so many people like that in my pugs that I stopped pugging.

Hmmm, maybe we can classify pugs as a factor in heart attacks?

I guess last time we were the strange guys ... :D

I was with two friends and we were running our alts. So usually I am heal, one friend always tanks and the other is a pretty good slinger. In this setup we steamroll the FPs, but this time we decided that our mains did see enough action and we switch to our alts with different roles. I'm tanking, the slinger is on his healer and our tank is there as dps. We are also all on TS having fun and list us on the GF.

Well, our alts still are all geared pretty well, and that guy joining us and seeing three toons with the same guild tag and all in 69/72 gear might have expected a smooth run. It was not :D. While it was certainly no wipe - fest and we cleared pretty fast it must have been an odd experience for the outsider (it was Cademimu). First three groups I couldn't keep aggro because it took me some time to get my keybinds memorized and mobs were running around randomly attacking people. Our healer was similarly not at his best because of being rusty with that toon. Then we suddenly backtracked because one of us found that he missed the opportunity to bio-loot the animal corpses. Then we backtracked to get this dog you can free of its cage (all without writing in group chat, because we were on TS). Then we finally get our act together and do Wookie, bonus and final boss without any further hickup - only after that we recognized how strange this must have looked for the other guy, like we were deliberately trolling him the first half of the FP. He didn't say anything apart from "hi" and "c'ya" though.

Hell no you didn't do anything wrong. I mean I'm sure if they said no with a valid reason (everyone should greed so that we all get a chance at it or whatever), you would have either respected their wishes or left the group. Though I don't know why people wouldn't want to help someone else out anyway, especially if they couldn't use the gear themselves. It's like asking before a roll if you can need on companion gear, most of the time people will say yes as long as they don't need it, and I've never seen anyone kicked for asking before!

*shrug* I think you just ran into some jerks.

On a lighter note, I ran into an interesting duo during a lowbie Hammer Station run today. They were both from the same guild, one was a Mirialan, the other Human (or maybe Mirialan with a different skin tone). They were both body type 4 and had similar/same face and were dressed Identically (as far as I can remember it was a gladiator top, the Markos Ragnos headgear, and the revan robes), 'cept one was dyed green and the other yellow. Both were named after vegetables. ^^ I thought it was pretty cute.

That said they seemed pretty experienced. I mean the tank was using guard as a treat reducer. I think one of them was waiting for a companion to come back before he would use bioanalysis for the bonus area which was a little odd ^^;; He was counting down for it , 30 seconds, 5 seconds... then decided just to skip it. HAHA. Very friendly though.

Agreed on the first part.

As for your own experience, I suspect he was probably 2 bioanalysis levels below the requirement to get in there and was expecting treeks mission to give him those, but he only got 1 (or was expecting 1 and didn't get any at all).

Then we finally get our act together and do Wookie, bonus and final boss without any further hickup - only after that we recognized how strange this must have looked for the other guy, like we were deliberately trolling him the first half of the FP. He didn't say anything apart from "hi" and "c'ya" though.

Unfortunately it's usually safer that way. Some guild groups can be real ***** since they have control of the group, so saying anything at all can get you kicked instantly for no real reason.

Edited by steave

I was running the Foundry as my healer, and during the HK fight one of the DPS gets pancaked and we wipe on the attempt. The tank starts calling him names and blaming him for being a bad, and it becomes really clear that the DPS guy has never run the instance before. I explain what happened, and everything goes perfect the next fight.

However the tank isn't happy, he spends the rest of the instance ripping into the DPS calling him names, making fun of him... and finally the DPS guy fires back and calls the Tank an idiot. Which sets him off even more.

Loot drops and the tank rolls need on stuff that he can't even use because he doesn't want the DPS rewarded for bad play by getting something good from the run, but he loses it. The tank then demands that nobody else need on the speeder from the final boss, but I was like forget that and encouraged everybody that might want it to need as well.

Tank loses his mind, I win the speeder.

Later on I find the tank on fleet complaining about how every woman in the game looks like a **** and must be run by a guy because real women never dress their toons up as whores.

It was... unpleasant.

I was running the Foundry as my healer, and during the HK fight one of the DPS gets pancaked and we wipe on the attempt. The tank starts calling him names and blaming him for being a bad, and it becomes really clear that the DPS guy has never run the instance before. I explain what happened, and everything goes perfect the next fight.

However the tank isn't happy, he spends the rest of the instance ripping into the DPS calling him names, making fun of him... and finally the DPS guy fires back and calls the Tank an idiot. Which sets him off even more.

Loot drops and the tank rolls need on stuff that he can't even use because he doesn't want the DPS rewarded for bad play by getting something good from the run, but he loses it. The tank then demands that nobody else need on the speeder from the final boss, but I was like forget that and encouraged everybody that might want it to need as well.

Tank loses his mind, I win the speeder.

Later on I find the tank on fleet complaining about how every woman in the game looks like a **** and must be run by a guy because real women never dress their toons up as whores.

It was... unpleasant.

I have come across tanks that like this in HMFPs recently. The attitude sometimes makes me ashamed to be a tank.

On topic - I hop on my freshly minted TK sage, queue up to get a HMFP pop and got Hammer station. Group composition - me and another TK Sage, a sage healer and a guardian Tank. After load in, Tank asks for a bio break. while he's away I inspect him and get slightly worried that he only has 25k HP. check him further I realized why - most of his gear his classic comms DPS gear. with some lvl 49 blues and lvl 19 green relics

If I was going to be surprised there - That wasn't the last of it - the healer was in a mix of 69s and 72s. Which is fine except....they're either tanking gear or melee dps gear (shield + absorption or accuracy+power).

My DPS buddy was in mixed 69 token gear and 72s....except he was sporting the healer set bonus (this part didn't worry me as the DPS set bonus is...well, not suited to TK sages I feel)...

Me personally - 69s with set bonus (as I said earlier ... not quite useful IMO) and couple of 72s (left over token + excess Comms).

At this point, I have seen enough weird and wonderful things happen in FPs, so kept quiet. fight begins and immediately, I see all signs this will be a disaster run. Tank can't hold aggro, healer can't keep up because of lack of mitigation stats on Tank, my DPS buddy is supplementing the healer while throwing the odd energy balls and I'm spamming disturbance at everything red (yeah, I panicked bad....). We somehow make it to the miner droid boss and fight begins. This is where things become clear as daylight its a failed attempt - Healer didn't know to cleanse the laser stack (me and DPS buddy were rotating the cleansing) and it was a 2 healer 1 tank 1 dps fight. 5 wipes on the boss, the Tank finally asks what he is doing wrong to lose aggro. The wall of text ensues (no insults or angry sprays - but a flood of gearing advice, tactics advice, rotation advice etc.) and we learn the god awful truth - Tank has never, ever done a HM flashpoint at all and didn't know about tank mitigation stats. I ask the team if they'd be willing to wait while I go pick up some tanking mods for the tank from my cyber guy. my DPS buddy goes "I have some spare enhancements i can give him". We give the guy a full set, I give him a rotation to manage threat. and about an hour after our 5th Wipe, we re-attempt and clear the lot, including bonus boss (2 wipes on bonus boss, but considering everything else - more than acceptable). Lost more than I gained as far as loot and credit goes, but gained a friendly tank and healer, which to me, far outweighed the material loss:D.

That was nice of you to help out the tank like that. :)

The set bonus is really nice for tk spec too. Give it a try if you haven't already! Though you're right, not having it for. 55 him isn't something that anyone should be worried about.

So this evening I jumped onto my commando healer (whom I don't have a lot of experience with)' and zone into Mando Raiders. There is a sage DPS, sent, and vanguard tank. The first couple pulls are a little choppy, but I don't think too much of it and assume that it's just because I'm still learning the ins and outs of the commando.

We get to the first boss, he stuns the tank, boss jumps to me as expected , I run a bit thinking that the tank will taunt, but it doesn't come. Boss finally stuns me and jump a back to the tank who is grouped with the DPS. Another agro drop, I get him back. This time I decide to face tank him, pop cooldowns, and just heal through, but pull him a little ways from the DPS, which makes healing them tricky. Tank doesn't taunt back.

We make it through, but the tank then writes into group chat: Keep them together. You just make it worse by running.

I write back: The boss/ red circle should be kept away from the group. ^^;;

We get to the trash pull with the big room and the turrets on either side, and wipe a couple times due to me being new, and the tank standing 2o meters away from the turrets and rifle shotting them. Needless to say I keep grabbing all the adds that spawn in the back and the DPS easily pull the turrets.

At this point I check the tanks gear. A few defense mods, accuracy, alacrity and power. I thought I was wrong about the shield generator at first so I linked it in guild chat before o got too exasperated. Unfortunately my fears were realised. It was a power generator with a defense mod, and defense alacrity enhancement....I wasn't sure if I should say anything but thought it would be rude, or making excuses if I called her out so I didn't bring it up (though I intended to whisper the tank after the flashpoint and see if I could help her with some gear basics$

Second fight is a little chaotic, tank find of focuses on the sorc while the BH and Agent run wild.

Gil we pull three times, but die to enrage . The tank doesn't taunt when he jumps, but stands back and hits her basic attack. After we wipe she does tell us not to run or move out of the red however...

We decide not to do the bonus after a few pulls, and die horribly twice to the last boss on the first set of turrets. The tank tells us to Los the boss so she can keep them all busy. I

We decide to throw in the towel, tank leaves without a word, and I mention that it would have been nice if she'd a least had some tanking gear. The sage agrees so I guess she'd noticed as well. Me and the sage are ready to leave but the sent seemed really bummed about not finishing so we decide to try our luck with getting another tank. Get a new one in less than five minutes and we finished no problem.

I never did get to tell the tank about her shield problem though ...

<snip>

The wall of text ensues (no insults or angry sprays - but a flood of gearing advice, tactics advice, rotation advice etc.) and we learn the god awful truth - Tank has never, ever done a HM flashpoint at all and didn't know about tank mitigation stats. I ask the team if they'd be willing to wait while I go pick up some tanking mods for the tank from my cyber guy. my DPS buddy goes "I have some spare enhancements i can give him". We give the guy a full set, I give him a rotation to manage threat. and about an hour after our 5th Wipe, we re-attempt and clear the lot, including bonus boss (2 wipes on bonus boss, but considering everything else - more than acceptable). Lost more than I gained as far as loot and credit goes, but gained a friendly tank and healer, which to me, far outweighed the material loss:D.

Wow, that story is a breath of fresh air in this thread... :) Thanks so much sharing that. Much as i love the smoking trainwrecks, it's great to hear the opposite :)

Wow, that story is a breath of fresh air in this thread... :) Thanks so much sharing that. Much as i love the smoking trainwrecks, it's great to hear the opposite :)

Oh I dunno. Even when it's a real smoking train wreck story, I look for the heroes, the bloodied but unbowed survivors, the tales of 110% given to preserve that one last breath of hope.

I'd like to offer myself up as 'that guy' today from my lost island hard mode run. I had never completed the thing, mostly because every pug I was with gets mauled by the first boss and ragequits. Still, I figure I'm ok, I know not to stand in fire, and I'm dps, so my job is easy enough compared to tanking and healing. I'll ask for advice, listen up for clues, do what I'm told and be ok. Right?

Things were fine until Sav-Rak, at which point I learned 'stack on the boss' really means it as I go sailing from my 'safe range' over the side. Hoof it back, fight is still going on, but I have a gfx glitch. The bridge is 'invisible'. Or not. Turns out it's just not there. Another lava bath, and I hoof it back again. The rest of the group is kind enough (or speechless enough) not to mock me for it.

Transgenic next. I keep moving like advised, maybe enough, maybe not. Icicles come down, ducking and weaving, then squish. I get ready to start running back, but hey! Battle res! .5 Seconds after accept I am pasted by another icicle. No, for real, my character doesn't have time to start a new animation after reviving before I'm smoked again. Other players still quiet, probably because they are laughing too hard to type. I guess it is hard to be TOO mad when the only person dying is doing it in so many entertaining and horribly wrong ways.

By this time, I am just mortified and hoping the instance is over soon, so I can slink away from these fine folks....

Did my first Lost Island run last night, and my experience was pretty much a carbon copy of this...

Got knocked off the platform by Sav-Rak, and upon respawn sprinted back and saw the bridge missing... did an Indiana Jones/Last Crusade-esque 'Leap of Faith' incase in was just a graphical bug.... and plummeted straight into frothy lava goodness... much to the LOLs of the rest of the team. :eek:

Thankfully, they'd just polished Sav off and I respawned the 'right' side of the missing bridge.

Then got impaled on the falling icicles, despite being in the middle of a Sage SprintTM at the time. Sprinted back and *squish*, icicle to the cranium :rak_02:

So yeah, I was the weird guy last night that kept dying in hilarious comedy fashion, depite being told how all the mechanics work... I've never quite wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole as much. Been checking this thread all day half expecting to see someone post the story ;)

Edited by peedeeboy

If I was going to be surprised there - That wasn't the last of it - the healer was in a mix of 69s and 72s. Which is fine except....they're either tanking gear or melee dps gear (shield + absorption or accuracy+power).

Awesome story. Just to mention: since 2.0, 100/110 accuracy is desired in pve for all dps, not just melee. (Obviously not healers though.)

I jumped into an FP yesterday, easy mode Foundry with my 42 sorc healer. Everything was going well and because I was so used to the lowbie FP's being a faceroll I lost concentration and let the tank die. I felt like an idiot. I know, one death in an FP isn't a big deal but I was definitely the problem LOL. I wish the lowbie FP's were a bit more challenging and as it is now I can only queue for 3 of them so I tend to get bored after running them so often. I definitely see how my teamates would be like "Man, damn healer not paying attention, how can you die in this FP???" I guess I'm the "Weird guy" in this case. :p

The last groupfinder flashpoint I ever pugged was a HM Hammer Station. Myself and a guildie dps queued together and were immediately paired with the sniper alt of what used to be a very well known progression guild on Harbinger's GM, as well as a merc healer from his guild. Everything seemed to be going ok for a minute or two, but the sniper started pulling mobs ahead of me with orbital strike. Ordinarily, it wouldn't have been a problem, but the healer was not topping me off in between pulls, so I had little opportunity to self heal. I wasn't mean in response to this, I simply stated in group chat "If you pull mobs ahead of me again, I will let you tank them". He then responded "You do that, and my healer will stop healing you."

So, after realizing the caliber of player I was dealing with here, I simply replied "ok" and told my dps guildie to exit area and leave group with me so that we could requeue after the debuff and let them continue on. Apparently the ubersniper did not appreciate that and whispered me "nice, you *female genitalia*-whipped *c word female genitalia*.

One of the reasons I no longer do the 3 flashpoint weekly lol.

Edited by VoW_LugNut

Wow, all these horror-stories (some of which are hilarious, others make me haz a genuine sad)...I said it earlier on, I guess I have --for the most part, anyway!-- been fairly lucky with my GF escapades.

At least as my usual R/DPS...Healing (which I freely admit I am still very nub at; I don't feel at all ready for 55 [HARD] instances yet, TBH) is another matter entirely. I don't know how you full-time "for-a-living" healers do it, you lot have my deepest and most sincere respect.

I'll make it official in any case:

Mandalorian Raiders [HARD], now that I've learned it and done it lots, is edging up to becoming my favourite instance: Because it does not forgive stupid. (Kinda weird sudden "snap-aggro" from some of those turrets when you "should" be out of their aggro-range though, is that a bug, or intended?)

Hi Fiamma_Verde - Thank you:o 66 mods are cheap as chips and mats are easy to come by, so I didn't think twice about helping the tank out. Tanks have a hard enough life as is with non stop gear grinding.

Hi AbsolutGrndZero - You're welcome!:D

Hi Cxten - I saw this being said in most class threads, but for some reason, despite packing 110.25% Tech accuracy on my sniper, my shots still miss (even rifle shot?!)...on HMFP bosses..been trying to figure out why (could it be network lag? I play with around 250 Ms pings from Brisbane....)

On Topic- had a very confusing incident last night popping a HMFP on my sage. I got a pop for Cade and about 30 seconds after I loaded in, I got kicked from group. Group composition - vanguard tank, Commando Healer and Commando DPS, I didn't manage to inspect them as I was too busy wondering why I got kicked as no reason was given. Cynical side of me says they wanted a full trooper group for the loot...:i_confused:

The last groupfinder flashpoint I ever pugged was a HM Hammer Station. Myself and a guildie dps queued together and were immediately paired with the sniper alt of what used to be a very well known progression guild on Harbinger's GM, as well as a merc healer from his guild. Everything seemed to be going ok for a minute or two, but the sniper started pulling mobs ahead of me with orbital strike. Ordinarily, it wouldn't have been a problem, but the healer was not topping me off in between pulls, so I had little opportunity to self heal. I wasn't mean in response to this, I simply stated in group chat "If you pull mobs ahead of me again, I will let you tank them". He then responded "You do that, and my healer will stop healing you."

So, after realizing the caliber of player I was dealing with here, I simply replied "ok" and told my dps guildie to exit area and leave group with me so that we could requeue after the debuff and let them continue on. Apparently the ubersniper did not appreciate that and whispered me "nice, you *female genitalia*-whipped *c word female genitalia*.

One of the reasons I no longer do the 3 flashpoint weekly lol.

I think I may come across these guys on my tank very recently. Last HMFP I did with these folks (mando raiders) - sniper pulled the same stunt and I told said sniper - either you stop pulling before me or you're tanking. I got the same warning so I waited on the dog pull before Braxus and his pooch duo, and sure enough - he opened up with orb strike. I just parked myself in the back corner, pulled a bag of chips and watched him and the healer have a go at it and wipe. The other DPS was random but luckily he caught on what's happening he also did nothing . Sniper tried to have a go at me and I told him, feel free to kick me and rejoin the queue (I hate using this line, but I feel, this time it was warranted). We did finish the HMFP, but I could tell healer was only just keeping me alive to make me panic, but not cause a wipe. me on the other hand, refused to burn my DCDs unnecessarily. Glad to say, I'll never have to worry bout those two.

Hi Cxten - I saw this being said in most class threads, but for some reason, despite packing 110.25% Tech accuracy on my sniper, my shots still miss (even rifle shot?!)...on HMFP bosses..been trying to figure out why (could it be network lag? I play with around 250 Ms pings from Brisbane....)

Yeah, rifle shot is the only one that should be missing. All other ranged attacks are counted as "special attacks" and get the same 10% accuracy bonus that tech attacks do, so they have 110% while rifle shot only have 100%, leaving a 10% chance to be defended for that.