Infernal and Unyielding titles in 2.0

I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, but, right now these titles are already ridiculously easy to get. I was wondering if they're going to be unobtainable at some point, as with level 55s in level 55 gear this will make the title pretty much a joke.

Those titles already are a joke... So easy to get.

Mailman's right. 7 man clears of NiM EV and KP weren't abnormal in Rakata. Once HM EC came out we started seeing 5-6 man title runs. So back in 1.2 NiM EV and KP had already become a joke.

I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, but, right now these titles are already ridiculously easy to get. I was wondering if they're going to be unobtainable at some point, as with level 55s in level 55 gear this will make the title pretty much a joke.

I've gotta ask, why does it mean so much to you that you're actually willing to ask them to spend time removing content from the game when they obviously have so much else that their time would be better spent on? It's been a joke for a while now. So just display your NiM EC title, if you want to pretend it actually has some great significance. After 2.0, that title too will become a joke to get, but I all but guarantee there will be something new for you to show off to proclaim your eliteness.

Or is it that you want to rest on your laurels? I dunno.

To me the titles are more of a cool little bonus factor that you can go back and get if you weren't able to in the first wave. At a certain point, everything becomes a "roleplaying" bonus more than an e-peen announcement.

i use the title i like, i don't care about being recognized as elitist..i appreciate much more a guy with ''padawan'' in his name and in full EWH than someone who has the best in the game but who leaves insances because people are noobs

Yeah, just use the title you think sounds coolest or funniest. It's a nice perk. I think I still have "The Outlaw" on my Scoundrel even at end game just because I like it. I'm sure there'll be new titles coming in 2.0, just like TFB brought Red Rhombus and Dreadtooth brought Drouk Hunter.

I don't see the big deal, as a matter of fact we ran alts and newer guild people through KP NiM and EV NiM the last two weeks just so they could get the titles. Most of these guild members have already completed HM TfB and HM EC. So we were there strictly for fun and titles. I see no reason to remove the titles, but then again I don't look at titles as a status symbols.

½ the time I’m running around with Captain on my smuggler, or Master on my Jedi, the other ½ I just have Flygirl up. Occasionally I will display a new title for a day or two, but then I will revert back to an old standard. I may not display them that often, but I do enjoy getting them on all my toons, so I would hate for them to be removed until I get all my Imp alts to 50.

Edited by mikebevo

Yeah, just use the title you think sounds coolest or funniest. It's a nice perk. I think I still have "The Outlaw" on my Scoundrel even at end game just because I like it. I'm sure there'll be new titles coming in 2.0, just like TFB brought Red Rhombus and Dreadtooth brought Drouk Hunter.

^^^ Exactly.

I've got a lengthy list of titles on my Commando, but the one I wear is "Major"

I've gotta ask, why does it mean so much to you that you're actually willing to ask them to spend time removing content from the game when they obviously have so much else that their time would be better spent on? It's been a joke for a while now. So just display your NiM EC title, if you want to pretend it actually has some great significance. After 2.0, that title too will become a joke to get, but I all but guarantee there will be something new for you to show off to proclaim your eliteness.

Eliteness...lol :D Probably the only time I will ever read or hear that word spoken in conjunction with myself ever.

Hon, I'm about as casual as it gets. I haven't even done EC NIM and I prefer to show off fun titles. The reason why I ask is simply because in other games where there have been timed run titles, they have always removed them when a new level cap comes out.

I do, however, believe that if you're going to create an achievement title for a timed run, it just doesn't make sense to keep it around forever. Might as well just give the title for completing the instance. It is indeed already a joke. I think most people feel excited about completing a challenge when it actually is one, otherwise the reward feels empty.

And if they don't want to remove it, It won't bother me in the slightest. I was just *asking* if this is going to happen based on previous experience. I'm not requesting this action to be done.

Edited by chuixupu

Just returned to the game after a 6 month break and this makes me sad. The need for recognition is something I thought I'd never see in this game. Guess I was wrong. Titles aren't supposed to be a status symbol. There's a reason why you can't link Codex entries to others, and I hope it stays this way. I remember back when WoW: Wrath of the Lich King was released and people started judging you based upon what achievements you had. Achievements decided how good of a player you were. Which is just bullocks.

Your own need for recognition is what divides you from real elitie players. Real elite players know that they don't need to show off to earn recogniton. And if you really want recognition you should start doing something for the community instead, because titles won't give you any, regardless which title you use.

Edited by axka

Just returned to the game after a 6 month break and this makes me sad. The need for recognition is something I thought I'd never see in this game. Guess I was wrong. Titles aren't supposed to be a status symbol. There's a reason why you can't link Codex entries to others, and I hope it stays this way. I remember back when WoW: Wrath of the Lich King was released and people started judging you based upon what achievements you had. Achievements decided how good of a player you were. Which is just bullocks.

Your own need for recognition is what divides you from real elitie players. Real elite players know that they don't need to show off to earn recogniton. And if you really want recognition you should start doing something for the community instead, because titles won't give you any, regardless which title you use.

:rolleyes: It has nothing to do with me wanting recognition. You can get off your high horse now.

Since you didn't really read what I said I'll quote myself again, from two different posts:

Hon, I'm about as casual as it gets. I haven't even done EC NIM and I prefer to show off fun titles. The reason why I ask is simply because in other games where there have been timed run titles, they have always removed them when a new level cap comes out.

And if they don't want to remove it, It won't bother me in the slightest. I was just *asking* if this is going to happen based on previous experience. I'm not requesting this action to be done.

But thanks for jumping to wild conclusions about me. You have quite an imagination.

But none of this really answers the question. I supposed I can assume no, but I try to avoid living by assumptions. (unlike some people :jawa_angel:).

:rolleyes: It has nothing to do with me wanting recognition. You can get off your high horse now.

Since you didn't really read what I said I'll quote myself again, from two different posts:

But thanks for jumping to wild conclusions about me. You have quite an imagination.

But none of this really answers the question. I supposed I can assume no, but I try to avoid living by assumptions. (unlike some people :jawa_angel:).

If you've never seen this kind of query before, then you may not understand why someone might "jump to wild conclusions" about you. This is typically an inquiry/request made by those who have the title and want to keep them exclusive so they can stand around on the fleet making themselves feel superior. Myself, I've never seen the behavior you speak of (removing title access while the actual content remains in place), bu then, I've never played the particular game that the vast majority of the population has, so maybe that's the origin of this kind of thought, I don't really know.

Removing titles? Are you insane?

Nope, just used to it happening, so I was asking.

If you've never seen this kind of query before, then you may not understand why someone might "jump to wild conclusions" about you. This is typically an inquiry/request made by those who have the title and want to keep them exclusive so they can stand around on the fleet making themselves feel superior. Myself, I've never seen the behavior you speak of (removing title access while the actual content remains in place), bu then, I've never played the particular game that the vast majority of the population has, so maybe that's the origin of this kind of thought, I don't really know.

A LOT Of people have played WoW, unfortunately. A lot of things Blizzard has done taints other MMOs, partcularly SWTOR, to an annoying degree at time. (not everything originated with WoW either, but other MMOs before it). But mostly people come in with a lot of MMO "baggage". Like if you mention *damage meter* you will probably have a lot of people bitter towards them because they were booted from a group for having perfectly good but less than top notch dps for something simple and easy or you had to always see the guy that posts meters every pull to show off how leet he is.

Anyone who actually ever played in game with me would know that I'm about the least likely person to be looking around to be seen as "superior". But I know that hardly anyone on these forums actually have, I just don't always type in a manner that considers all types of players' "filter". I.E. some people's filter is the "everyone who defends anything about the game is a mindless fanboi/Biodrone" or "quit complaining about the game or leave!" and other people are "down with elitism!" :cool:

So yeah, seriously, I just want to know because this has come up in conversation a few times. <.< I'd hope they would give a warning if they ever decided to do that.