Whisper problems.

NoahReed

Okay so the entire design system for tells and whispers seems pretty flawed to me. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but here's what happens. One person whispers me, I begin typing a response. It says "To player one". Player two then whispers me before I send my message to player one and then for some reason the game auto matically switches my tell to be sent to player two. I do not understand the logic there AT ALL. Why in gods name would they make it so that whoever whispers you is automatically switched to be the person you send your message to, even if you were typing to someone else. Makes absolutely NO sense and just seems stupid. Leads to so many mistells it's *********** ridiculous.

Are you just typing directly in the chat box that dedicated itself to a person when you first replied to them or are you pressing R to reply to them after each /whisper?

Yeah as far as I know it only does what the OP describes if you use enter (or whatever you bound for chat field focus) to start your message. When I use my reply button I've never had it jump to someone else, maybe I've just been lucky though.

Not that having the chat target jump to someone else while you're typing regardless of how you started the chat isn't bad design, I'm with the OP there.

Edited by Zoiks

Are you just typing directly in the chat box that dedicated itself to a person when you first replied to them or are you pressing R to reply to them after each /whisper?

I press R to respond to one of them, so it'll say for example "To player one" in my chat box, then the other person will send me a tell and the game for some odd reason directs my whisper to whoever sent me the last message, NOT the person I actually meant to send the message to. Makes no sense...